Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Pulled pork tacos on the slate last night.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2396.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	1870992

    Comment


    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Puller Pork, so good and versatile.
      Last edited by bbqLuv; July 23, 2026, 08:57 PM.

    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5214.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	4.35 MB
ID:	1871030 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5212.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	4.98 MB
ID:	1871028 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5213.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	5.40 MB
ID:	1871029 Chicken on the Rotisserie on a Weber Kettle finished with my special BBQ Sauce that I call Slider Sauce. I wet brined the chicken for one hour before cooking and then cooked the chicken until the breast meat registered 150 degrees. At that point I painted the chicken with Slider Sauce. Took it off of the grill to rest when the Breast meat registered 160 degrees. I used a Thermo Works RFX wireless controller and probes during the cook for an absolutely perfect finish. This was all served with a Stir Fry where most of the vegetables came from the garden and a homemade Asian style Stir Fry Sauce and Jasmine Rice finished off the Stir Fry. To take this meal over the top was a perfect pairing of Platt Vineyard Pinot Noir from the Sonoma Coast! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5211.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	3.91 MB
ID:	1871027

    Comment


    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      What a beauty of a bird cook!

      Kathryn

    Brats on the BGE! FOGO medium for the fuel.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	4.47 MB
ID:	1871033 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0196.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	1871032

    Comment


    • Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful. What color bag does FOGO medium come in? Asking because I've used FOGO black bag the last couple cooks but the pieces were either very large or tiny. Nothing really in between. Love the way it burns though.

    • Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the same stuff. All the pieces I get are medium to small in size. I get a few big pieces in there, but it is easy to break them up. Hulagn1971

    Grilling during a tropical storm warning? Oh, why the heck not. (Read: I seem to be incapable of reading a weather forecast.)

    I literally was not thinking and started to dry brine some chicken wings Tuesday night. Unfortunately, we had some pre-Bertha stuff hit yesterday and I wasn't able to grill them. Well, today we got all of the rain from Bertha (no wind, though) and as I didn't want to dry brine them any longer than I already did, I decided to forgo my usual Vortex-in-Kettle method and do them on the pellet grill.

    (Which is good that I did....the rain would have snuffed out any attempt at doing the chimney of charcoal.)

    I dry brine with Meat Church's Holy Voodoo, which is my favorite chicken rub. I have never done wings on the pellet grill, so I decided to do the 0-400 wing method that went viral about a year ago. It's very simple and primarily is a technique many of us have used for years: putting the food on cold and then starting the grill to allow that intense "startup smoke" to hit.

    After about 45 minutes (far longer than it takes with a Vortex) and rotating the tray once, the wings were all ~185 F, which is right where I like them.

    It is....well, it is raining.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2410.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	4.95 MB
ID:	1871126

    Here they are after I took them off. Love the bronze color.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2411.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	4.52 MB
ID:	1871125

    Tossed in some buffalo sauce.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2412.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	1871124

    Texture-wise, these are fine.....just as good as if I do them with the Vortex. Even the skin was nice and tight; however, of course, the cook took about 20 minutes longer than the Vortex does.

    And, obviously, the smoke flavor was very minimal. I really missed the pecan smell and flavor I get when I do these with the Vortex.

    Still, it is nice to know that if I can't use the Kettle, I can get a decent, if lacking, approximation with the pellet grill.

    Comment


      And the Texas chicken cooks continue, mine inside, been raining for the last several hours. I put one my favorite seasonings on the wings, Harley’s All Purpose Texas Rub/Seasoning on the wings and did them in my convection oven. Made some cabbage with andouille sausage as the side. This was some smoked andouille I bought in Lafayette when 58limited and I went recently. The difference between authentic Cajun andouille from a meat market is night and day better than the national brand store bought stuff. Dipped all the wings but 2 in Frank’s, wanted to try a couple of em dry.

      Andouille from Hebert’s Cajun Market in Lafayette…
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6513.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	1871132

      The fat rendered after browning adds a lot to the flavor
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6515.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.46 MB ID:	1871134


      Ready for the oven….
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6516.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.73 MB ID:	1871133


      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6520.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.93 MB ID:	1871135


      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6519.jpg Views:	12 Size:	2.54 MB ID:	1871139
      Last edited by Panhead John; July 23, 2026, 08:41 PM.

      Comment


      • Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        The hell they are! 😂

      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Brussels are cabbages after taxes.
        barelfly and Panhead John

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean….the are from the same family, known as Brassica oleracea 😂

        come on now!!!! hahaha!

      Out on the griddle tonight for flap steak and mushrooms along with Brussels. Didn’t care for the Brussels cooked this way, they need more time but oh well. Steak and mushrooms were outstanding!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1062.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	6.30 MB
ID:	1871144

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1063.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	3.15 MB
ID:	1871143

      Comment


      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        RonB - that was my thought after, steaming them would help soften. But I do like the microwave option too! Thanks for the tips!

      • Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Skip the Brussels and just add more shrooms.

      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Who needs brussels sprouts when you've got steak and mushrooms in all their glory like that? Just saying.

        Kathryn

      Brats on the Weber gasser tonight

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2398.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	1871150

      Comment


        My annual shrimp, crab and lobster boil. Finally got a big (82qt) pot and a jet burner to cook it alll in one pot outside (instead of 3 pots on my stove. Of course had to dump it all on the table to serve.

        In the pot I had:
        Shell on shrimp
        snow crab clusters
        Dungeness crab
        Three 1 1/2 lb lobsters
        andouille sausage
        garlic
        string beans
        artichokes
        potatoes
        mushrooms
        corn
        onions

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5163.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	5.78 MB
ID:	1871164

        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5159.jpg Views:	5 Size:	5.37 MB ID:	1871163


        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5166.jpg Views:	5 Size:	6.29 MB ID:	1871165
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5167.jpg Views:	5 Size:	3.98 MB ID:	1871161
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5168.jpg Views:	5 Size:	5.29 MB ID:	1871162
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5169.jpg Views:	5 Size:	3.72 MB ID:	1871160

        Comment


        • bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          What? Is that a crawdad with Coor's Light? They must go together.

        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          When I saw the picture of the pup and lobsters, the song from The Good The Bad and the Ugly popped in my head…..🐶💗

        • fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Quite a standoff in photo #1. I'm betting on the dog.

          Great photos all around. Congrats on an amazing looking meal.

          Kathryn

        When i bought my last cookbook, I decided to make at least one recipe out of each book periodically until I go through them all. Well, i inadvertently started today. Wanted some tacos, had some chicken thighs, why not? I made Arnie Tex's MommaTex's Mexican rice and his Salsa Roja - Taqueria from the ArnieTex cookbook. Both were good, I substituted jalapenos for the chiles de arbol so it wasn't as hot. I may have to make the Dallas meat up because I am running out of tortillas lol
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260723_184607.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	640.9 KB
ID:	1871186 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260723_184738(0).jpg
Views:	181
Size:	785.5 KB
ID:	1871187 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260723_190051.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	900.3 KB
ID:	1871188

        Comment


        • Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Ain’t gonna find no HEB tortillas in Tennessee…….🥸

        • barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        • Ace
          Ace commented
          Editing a comment
          This looks fantastic... 😎

        I’m working out the kinks in the portable grill.
        The first picture is the grate intended for the coals. It does not reach to the edge of the pan.
        The second picture shows it installed.
        The third picture is the accessory I plan on using as the coals grate it’s from Kingsford.
        The forth picture shows it installed. A perfect fit and allowed for good air flow on the coals.

        Some smoked boneless skinless chicken thighs. A summertime BBQ done with one working hand/arm.
        Marinated in olive oil and Everglades seasoning overnight.
        The portable grill’s coal grate was modified to include a Kingsford disposable grilling pan. It really allowed the coals to go to the edges of the pan and still allowed for good air flow.
        My only current concern is that the top of the coals area about an inch to an inch and a half away from the cooking grate.
        A handful of Western hickory chips, grilled direct for 7 minutes, flipped and grilled for 10, then flipped again for 7 more.
        Lunch came out great with cheese squash and homemade jalapeno cheese squash (bread machine), and a pickle.
        ​
        Attached Files

        Comment


          We went toTrader Joe's yesterday. I picked up their pork tenderloin for dinner. Seasoned with Malcom's Killer Hog BBQ Rub. On the Kettle. Front sear then indirect till 145° with a few chunks of cherry wood for smoke. A rest, slice and consume. I had leftover griddle baby reds as the side. The rub makes it. Perfect for pork. 1st and 2nd ingredients, brown sugar and sugar.

          The plated picture was only the beginning. I couldn't stop. I did when over half eaten. Tonight on a brioche roll.

          ​

          ​​
          ​ ​​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	20260723_184446.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1871287

          Comment


            Reverse seared two bone-in strip steaks on the SnS. These are from Angus/Akaushi cross cattle from my nephew's ( nickdpt ) in-law's ranch in south Texas. Very nice marbling and great flavor. Excellent meat/fat balance. Served with sauteed trumpet mushrooms and blistered shishitos from the garden.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260724_011543773.MP.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	1871317

            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260724_021624335.MP.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	1871318

            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260724_023353023.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	1871319

            Last edited by theroc; July 24, 2026, 12:29 PM.

            Comment


            • SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Two things: how can I/we get some of this gorgeous beef? And have you ever had fries tossed with fried shishitos? Game changer!!

            • theroc
              theroc commented
              Editing a comment
              SheilaAnn - sorry but they only raise enough of the Angus/Akaushi for the family for now. Will have to give the shishito and fries a try.

            • klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Wait a minute. We have had a bunch of meat ups in S Texas and we are just hearing about this ranch? We could have overrun his ranch and rustled some cattle!!! Haven't you seen my boots? Come on, man!!!!

            Last night the wife and I split a 3/4lb Aldi grass-fed strip steak, grass fed isn't my favorite but that's what she brought home. Dry brined and dusted with BBBR. Cooked and seared on the gasser. She made sauteed broccoli, onions, and mushroom, Caprese salad with home-grown basil and orange olive oil, and "smash taters" (microwaved baked tater smashed once and griddled in butter).

            She had one of her favorite cheap chardonnays and I had "winesky", a rather boring mild red spiked with a splash of bourbon.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	20260723_191734.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1871335 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260723_191748.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	943.2 KB
ID:	1871334 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260723_193038.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	901.1 KB
ID:	1871333

            Comment


            • barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              Dang!!!!!!!!

            • fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks beautiful, perfect gasser cook on that. How did it taste, being 100% grass fed?

              K.

            • Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              fzxdoc Strangely similar to venison, or a mix. Beefison.

            I wish I was cooking this, wait till you see her salsa! 😳 The guy narrating is pretty funny.

            Comment


            • Bogy
              Bogy commented
              Editing a comment
              I need to throw away all my tongs, spatulas and heat resistant gloves. That's what is obviously holding back my cooking!

            • Sid P
              Sid P commented
              Editing a comment
              “Sing you to sleep and then beat you con la chancla” cracked me up.

            • Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              From now on I’m flipping my fried eggs with my hands.

            I went to the links for the guy Panhead John posted above and he runs a farm and appears to be a member of a co-op. I ran across this tee shirt and had to have it. I know, not a SUWYC post, but...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20260724_181459_Chrome.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	376.4 KB
ID:	1871372

            Comment


            • Purc
              Purc commented
              Editing a comment
              He is the real deal chicken and egg producer. I have seen a number of his "....What is it now..." video shorts as well as his videos on his actual business. He is interesting.

            • Hulagn1971
              Hulagn1971 commented
              Editing a comment
              🤣😂🤣

          Announcement

          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          0
          Guest
          Guest
          500
          ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
          7