Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    We had some left over roast beef in the freezer, reheated that and added it to homemade hash, and eggs.

    Dessert was a homage to Phish Food. Homemade chocolate ice cream, drizzled a bit of marshmallow fluff, caramel, and hot fudge.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	D79135CD-FC96-4422-9EF5-3640091B6D77.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.46 MB ID:	1867315
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; July 10, 2026, 09:40 PM.

    Comment


    • labbq
      labbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great! Phish Food is one of my favorite B&J’s along with Chunky Monkey

    • Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks awesome! Good thing I'm not there!

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m reading the first sentence and keep looking at the picture and thinking, “what egg?” 🤪🤪🤪

    TACOS!!!!!!!!!!! Of the carne asada variety! Or…someone may say fajitas…but aren’t fajitas just tacos anyways! 😂

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0921.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	5.54 MB
ID:	1867320

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0922.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	1867319

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I recently told my wife we need a flank steak when we go shopping again. It’s my favorite cut of beef in the summer, well the Dino Rib is pretty strong in that too. But a simple fun summer cook served so easily and enjoyed by everyone. Its perfect in every way, not to mention the level of beef that comes with it!

      Those tacos look solid as usual!
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; July 10, 2026, 09:12 PM.

    On a seafood kick this weekend so I got some steamed Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs and some fresh Shrimp. So I did some smoked Crabs and BBQ Shrimp. Both came out AWESOME together!!!!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	745964048_18445562194142138_240618065426361775_n.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	1867327

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Man that looks so good!

    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 👍

    Nan has a new cookbook - healthy eating, and she's been going through it. Tonight we had marinated flank steak with brussels sprouts and smashed taters. She did all the prep and I did all the cooking.

    This was a prime flank steak, and very nicely marbled. Remind me next time that I shouldn't photograph steak with a green bg. It looks overcooked in this photo, but it was actually on the high end of med. rare - where we like it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4580[1].jpg
Views:	236
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	1867346

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4581[1].jpg
Views:	225
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	1867347

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats a killer cook on that steak! You can see how well you nailed it, even in the top photo but the white plate pops it for sure!

    Last night's fix. It's been hot here in North Carolina for a couple weeks so cooked inside. Did some freezer diving and found a nice skirt steak from Aldi, vacuum packed and ready for the bath. Plopped the package in the water pot at 131° for a couple hours, pulled it out and cut the long piece of meat into skillet friendly portions. Patted dry, seasoned and hit each side in a Lodge CI skillet for 20-30 seconds. Rested in a pyrex with Kerry Gold butter pats between each piece. Sliced across the grain, served atop seasoned steamed jasmine rice tucked inside some oven roasted asparagus spears. Super meal and super easy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-243019864.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1867366

    Comment


      I'm at my friend's ranch near Nacogdoches. He was given an XL BGE and we did a brisket overnight. He started the fire as I was on the highway and it got away from him so we shut it down and finally at 10 pm we put the 11 lb brisket on. Temp rose slowly from 220o to a final temp of 280o this morning. We didn't open the Egg at all, not even to spritz or wrap. At 7am IT was 203o and the brisket jiggled like jello so we pulled it. This has been just about the easiest and most perfect brisket cook ever. Lump charcoal with hickory chunks. Minimal trimming of the brisket.

      Sunrise brisket, EGGxcelent bark.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	brisket 7-11-2026BGEXL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	1867405

      Comment


      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks fantastic. I've always trimmed briskets aggressively but have recently seen more and more pitmasters do a slight trim. I'm going to give that technique a shot next time I smoke one. Nice work!

      • Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        58limited the only steer I've seen in Iowa with a brisket that small was a miniature steer that was a 4H project. I think they imported it from Texas.

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        That sure is a nice lookin brisket!!!!!!

      I found some flanken cut ribs buried in the freezer..
      kept it simple with just a side mixed greens salad and some sliced apple.. Click image for larger version

Name:	20260711_174009.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	4.40 MB
ID:	1867567 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260711_174906.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	1867566

      Comment


      • Finster
        Finster commented
        Editing a comment
        Dewesq55
        Yes. I made up a char siu mix and let them marinate for a few hours

      • bbq_esq
        bbq_esq commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod Broussard I have to keep a list of what is in my freezers so I don't buy stuff I already have or forget about something nice hiding in there!

      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Oooohhhh….. char siu! I usually go traditional kalbi recipe. I’ll do char siu next time.

      St. Lou's on the LSG pooper. Got lazy with the sides.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260711_173543178.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	4.54 MB
ID:	1867603 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260711_220537709.RAW-01.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	4.74 MB
ID:	1867604 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260711_221648259.RAW-01.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	1867605 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260711_221741385.RAW-01.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	1867602
      Not sure why, but I decided to wrap them in foil after the 4 hour mark. Not my usual method, but they turned out good. 🤷

      Comment


      • Ace
        Ace commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great... 😎

      Used simple blonder brine on some pork chops. Then on to the Weber gasser.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2375.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	1867618

      Comment


      • WI Bubba
        WI Bubba commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I have to look up blonder brine...
        Edit: My day is complete. I learned something new.

      • Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm partial to Huskee Brine, but I'm a fan of wet brining pork chops and chicken parts. They look good

      Smoked seafood continues...Smoked Crab and Shrimp Mac n Cheese...needs some tweaking but came out really tasty...

      Click image for larger version

Name:	745341989_18445730983142138_7265064695664065359_n.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1867623

      Comment


      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG. 😍

      I know I need to get a life, just another tri-tip cook, but I really enjoy cooking these. I score them where I'm going to split them and also where I will start cutting against the grain. Sliced them with a little board sauce of EVOO, thyme and rosemary.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1504.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	1867669
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1505.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	1867667
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1506.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	1867668

      Comment


      • Ace
        Ace commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect... 👍

      • Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        FYI....in the annals of history, tri-tip and "no life" have never had a meeting of any sort

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Tri tips are one of my favorite cuts of beef to cook! So….i say keep cooking!!!!!

      Grilled swordfish with fresh asparagus risotto.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260712_015938099.jpg Views:	33 Size:	3.83 MB ID:	1867686
      Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260712_020255610.jpg Views:	33 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	1867687
      Last edited by theroc; July 12, 2026, 08:54 AM.

      Comment


      • Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        What internal for your salmon?

      • theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod Broussard - apologies, had an autocorrect hiccup. That is actually grilled swordfish, not salmon. Not sure about internal temps, but I would call it medium-rare to medium if it were beef. Total grill time was 9 minutes and the steak was about 1.5 inches thick.

      Pan seared coppa steak, red skin mashed, roasted green beans. Simple as it gets!

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0399.jpg Views:	2 Size:	4.00 MB ID:	1867706
      Last edited by SheilaAnn; July 12, 2026, 06:39 AM. Reason: Stupid auto correct, don’t they know I love COPPA

      Comment


      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Never heard of it so I asked Copilot AI

        Coppa steak is a flavorful, well-marbled cut of pork from the shoulder, often called the “pork ribeye” for its tenderness and rich taste.

        You done good.

      Had a pool party and this was the guest of honor

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260711_163539.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	4.92 MB
ID:	1867727

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260711_155601.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	4.59 MB
ID:	1867728

      Comment


      Apple Pie Baked Beans. Recipe from Nicole of Allrecipes.com
      These were very good. I will make them again

      Click image for larger version  Name:	20260712_085740.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.97 MB ID:	1867734
      Last edited by Purc; July 12, 2026, 01:21 PM.

      Comment


      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Looked up the recipe.
        I'm thinking as a side for a gathering
        You done good in the gathering-hood.

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7