Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Huskee I'm getting this error message when trying to upload photos.

    Error
    • Error: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

      If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    ​

    Comment


    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      ...With his picture on them.


    • Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc like a Chuck E. Cheese token.

    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      20% off for Pit Members!

    I had a chuck roast in the Sv for 48 hours, I asked my wife what she would like with it and requested some mashed potatoes and gravy.

    After SV i started a huge oak splits fire on a kettle and gave the chuck roast a good wood fired char, I splashed a bit of red wine vinegar and brushed some basil, pistachio lemon, … pesto over it.

    i love beef!

    Edit: My wife said it ate like Prime rib, only better beef flavor. I would absolutely serve one this way in place of a prime rib.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	A2850DF0-62F3-4B78-AFBF-6F93590E869F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	215.5 KB ID:	1870250

    Click image for larger version  Name:	D40EB60B-4F43-4486-A7C0-03CBB63C2D0A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	387.4 KB ID:	1870251
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; July 20, 2026, 05:27 PM.

    Comment


    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang Richard if that don't look great.

    • Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds and looks amazing!

    • HeySonnie
      HeySonnie commented
      Editing a comment
      SV chuck is one of my favorites. I have a very similar photo served with mashed potatoes and gravy and grilled artichokes.

    Burgers on the “new to me” PKGO grill. Nice little grill I picked up to take camping.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3110.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	1870260
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3112.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	1870259
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3116.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	1870258

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3118.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	1870261

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking burger., I sure do like the looks of those little PK's!

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly how I like mine, great meal. Crinkle cuts for the win!

    • dpearce
      dpearce commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with Richard Chrz that grill looks like something I need. Nice cook as well!

    8 lb shoulder on the Bull.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2391.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	4.25 MB
ID:	1870335

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2393.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	1870336

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2394.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	4.02 MB
ID:	1870337

    Comment


    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      That bark... 👍👍👍👍👍

    • Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome!

    I had to commandeer the outdoor kitchen for some temporary storage while I was working on the shop. So I'm just starting to reclaim the space now. Unfortunately, my pizza oven didn't fire up, but the wok burner did so I made Pad Ka-Prao with fresh holy basil from the garden.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260720_222212.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	728.0 KB
ID:	1870355 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260720_222216.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	388.4 KB
ID:	1870354 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260720_222222.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	396.4 KB
ID:	1870353

    Comment


      Got ahold of a fresh Sockeye Salmon. A quick filet and then rush to the grill. Hazel nut, fresh tarragon, and garlic butter over the top. And a side of orzo. Paired with Silver Oak’s new white. Really nice.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4284.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	1870405

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4287.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	1870406

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4285.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	1870407

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4290.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	1870408

      Comment


      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks marvelous

      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Silver Oak of Cabernet fame-Silver Oak? Who knew…..

      • Sallwine
        Sallwine commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the Silver Oak white is a new release for them about $40 a bottle. Nice wine!

      So this was a bit of an experiment. I had some leftover Mexican rice so I decided to make fried rice with it. Prior to this, every fried rice dish I've ever made has had a distinctly Asian profile.

      I decided to keep it simple and let the flavors already in the rice do the talking. While this would best be done in a wok, of course, I got a cast iron skillet ripping hot, threw in some avocado oil, and put the rice in.

      Paddling it around, I noticed the rice was quite starchy, perhaps even starting to disintegrate a bit. This is HEB's pre-made Mexican rice -- which is just as good as a restaurant's -- but it is probably made without washing the rice. So, I didn't let the rice fry for as long as I'd have liked.

      Next I made room in the middle, cracked an egg, elected to season it with a bit of Tajíin, and scrambled the whole thing into the mix. Then dumped in a bowl.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2404.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	1870417

      Not bad! Not bad at all! (I mean, it is rice and egg fried in oil. It isn't going to be terrible lol.) I had some hot sauce and shredded cheese at the ready, but I think I prefer it without. It would have pulled it too far into "breakfast taco" feel.

      I've also settled on my preferred ratio is about 3/4-1 cup of cooked rice to 1 egg. To far either way just throws the balance way off.

      Comment


      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it when it all comes together

      nothing beats some ribeye and ranch beans. BTW that little ribeye is camel. yes camel.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260714_184017.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	1870468 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260714_185420.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	1870469 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260714_190349.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	1870470 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260714_191951.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	1870471 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260623_164234.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1870472

      Comment


      • Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Come on now, you cant leave us hanging like that.. how was it, thoughts?

      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Hump, Dromedary Camel
        Hump, Hump, Bactrian Camel

      • Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, how was it??!!

      Tossed a 6+ lb. chicken on the Roughneck for a couple of hours, added potato salad and green beans on the side and had a nice little summer dinner. Somehow in processing the skin got detached at the lower breast and adjoining thigh so it was a bit wonky, but didn't hurt the cook any.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	smoked chicken 01.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	1870541


      Click image for larger version

Name:	smoked chicken 02.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	372.3 KB
ID:	1870542

      Comment


        Once it got below 107 degrees, I started the coals, chicken thighs dry brined with Lane's Original Rub, chunk of apple wood for some smoke on the Weber Kettle and Vortex over Cowboy briquets. BTW, 2 cold Manhattans helped to cool things off while the chicken smoked.Click image for larger version  Name:	20260721_190833.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	1870548 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260721_185809.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.17 MB ID:	1870549 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260721_192011.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	1870550
        Last edited by Purc; July 21, 2026, 07:21 PM.

        Comment


        • Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a fine cook! So hot the exhaust particles tried to go back into the kettle.

        Ribs once again. Baby back thus time. Put on at 1 removed at 6:10. Un spritzed, no baste, and no wrap. 200-275. First cook in the Home Depot special

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260721_153955~2.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1870598

        Attached Files

        Comment


        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Git it! Looks awesome!

        Tried something new: blackened chicken cheesesteak sandwiches on sourdough.

        Sliced some well-trimmed boneless/skinless chicken thighs thinly, seasoned them generously with Heaven Made Products' Blackened Seasoning (YUM). Sliced up a couple red & yellow peppers and a Vidalia onion. Salted gently and sauteed them all on the griddle.

        When the chicken was done I arranged the bits in a single layer and in a square. Covered it with a single layer of deluxe American cheese then a single layer of colby-jack slices.

        While the cheese was melting I plopped some butter down on a section of griddle and toasted both some Texas toast slices and some sourdough. Once it was toasted just right I flipped them over to toast the other side. When that side was done I put a scoop of each onto the bread and served.

        It was restaurant-gooooood! The sourdough was actually an accident because I both A) forgot to go to town to get sub buns, and B) thought we had more Texas toast than we did. Like when the opener is better than the headliner, the sourdough was a backup and ended up being the star for sure.

        Happy accident!

        Click image for larger version  Name:	20260721_191440.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	1870817

        Comment


        • Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice!! Sour dough is always a winner in my book.

        • Sid P
          Sid P commented
          Editing a comment
          Great cook and pic!

        • klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful

        I've had a turkey in the freezer for...a long time. Bought it for a holiday and ended up at our daughter's house. All five grandkids and two of our kids were at the lake house today so I wet brined it over night and put it on the Bronco today. Turned out great. Really juicy.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260722_224619696.MP.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	4.78 MB
ID:	1870888

        Comment


          Smoked pork belly sliders for dinner. King's Hawaiian rolls, peach salsa, Bachan's honey barbecue sauce drizzle and Claussen pickle chips.
          Fresh corn on the cob.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	3eb3f6c4-73f2-479e-a7fb-2ba5dadf2232.jpg Views:	4 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	1870903 Click image for larger version  Name:	057cef67-9d82-467e-9fb3-68699525fe85.jpg Views:	4 Size:	3.03 MB ID:	1870902
          Last edited by Hulagn1971; July 22, 2026, 08:13 PM.

          Comment


          • Ace
            Ace commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 King's Hawaiian rolls. 😊

          Smoking beef cheeks on my PK300 today. Using Lanes 50/50 rub (salt and black pepper).

          I built a straight snake using my custom fabricated ”wall” or divider. It’s super simple, but does a great job.

          This charcoal is the last bag. I could tell it's the last bag, since it's crap, Lol! Just small bits. Not gonna buy that brand anymore. I took a chance on this one.

          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6274.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.89 MB ID:	1870965


          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6279.jpg Views:	13 Size:	7.77 MB ID:	1870966


          After a couple of hours of smoke, time to drop them into the pan. Added some butter because...why not? Also a beer, then wrapped this pan with aluminum foil. Now begins the braising period, that's gonna be another few hours. After that they should be tender. The beef cheeks averaged around 72° C (161° F) when I dropped them into the pan.

          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6283.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.11 MB ID:	1870985
          Last edited by Henrik; July 23, 2026, 07:02 AM.

          Comment


          • Hulagn1971
            Hulagn1971 commented
            Editing a comment
            Those are going to be incredible.

          • Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Hulagn1971! I think these were by far the best I've made. I think the changes (improvements) were: longer braise, and longer hold. Super tender and tasty.

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7