Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Weather was nice enough this evening that my wife and I are watching t.v out back tonight, first time hanging out here since the 4th.

    Celebrated the occasion with some live oak split fire flank steak for Carne Asada, with some fresh herb chimi …

    That was delicious!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	9C425F01-F406-48B0-B8D9-A7D20CCDB2F9.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	1873813

    Click image for larger version

Name:	000FFC10-5F03-4ADE-9E89-48B4BE827FF1.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	1873812

    Click image for larger version

Name:	A2981AAD-FD5D-45FC-817B-C60A006E415A.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	523.6 KB
ID:	1873814

    Comment


    • Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow.

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Why cant i do this??
      Looks GRAND!

    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Elton's BBQ what do you mean "Why can't I do this".. I know you could easily do this.

    My parents are in town, so we figured there was no better excuse to fire up the smoker for a family BBQ.

    One thing that made today extra special, my aunt (87) and uncle (80) on my mom’s side had never had my BBQ before, so it was great finally getting to cook for them.

    The menu was smoked brisket, pulled pork, smoked sausage, portobello and blue oyster smoked mushrooms, plus an incredible spread of sides and desserts courtesy of my wonderful wife.

    At the end of the day, that’s what it’s all about. Good food, family gathered around the table, and making memories on a beautiful summer day.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1771.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	1873831

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1765.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	1873832

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1764.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	6.20 MB
ID:	1873833

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1772.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	4.75 MB
ID:	1873834

    Comment


    • RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Family. That's all that matters.

    • Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Quite a spread!! Nice work Pitmaster. 👍👌

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent job. Serving great 'Que to family is one of the finest things we can do for them.

      Kathryn

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260802_174205.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	1873876
    Grilled Salmon, Vegetables, Cole Slaw, and and glass of Wine for Sunday Dinner.

    Comment


    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect.

    • RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Skip looks delicious. I'm not a fan of fish but I'd try that. Now my perspective of a glass of wine. Wine comes in glass, so that's a glass of wine in my eyes. 🍷🍷🍷

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      This looks very good..

    Some reheated ribs and some local cheddar brats! Great snap on the brats!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0275.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	6.06 MB
ID:	1873880

    Comment


    • smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      you had leftover wibs???

    • Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I made a bunch on Saturday. Sabrina had her sisters and two friends over......not used to cooking for all ladies. Of course all they left were the ends, and cartalige pieces.....okay they did leave a few good ribs. smokenoob

    Made a lamb meatloaf on the Weber. 😲

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5209.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	1873891 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5216.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	1873890 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5217.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	1873892 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5218.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	1873893

    Comment


    • Purc
      Purc commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good. I love lamb and meatloaf, so I need to try this.

    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, yes please.

    Been camping on the Taylor River for a few weeks. Shish kebab on the Ninja Sizzle came out great! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7338.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	1873920 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7237.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	3.79 MB
ID:	1873921 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7238.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	4.72 MB
ID:	1873922

    Comment


    • smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      Michael_in_TX it gets BLUE at 8600’!

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice scenery.. any trout in that river/creek?

    • smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      @Elton’s BBQ Yes but fishing was slow. Mostly Brown Trout. I was 10 miles down from the dam so the water was cool and the fish were happy, unlike many rivers now in Colorado that flow is low and water is warm.

    What do you get when you cross spice with ham?
    spice + ham = SPAM

    BBQLUV now brings you SPAM Burnt Ends

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3101.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	965.1 KB
ID:	1874070

    Oh No, I ate some before final pic, my bad


    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3104.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	1874071

    Comment


    • Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m a SPAM lover. I need to try this. Yum.

    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Jfrosty27 we used low sodium SPAM. May want to reduce salt in rub.
      I love spam as well.
      Last edited by bbqLuv; August 4, 2026, 10:16 AM.

    Jalapeno Cornbread and crawfish dressing from Hebert's Specialty Meats in Broussard, La. and pepper jack stuffed boudin balls from NuNu's Market in Broussard, La. Damn good!

    Click image for larger version  Name:	heberts dressing.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.08 MB ID:	1874098
    Click image for larger version  Name:	nunus boudin balls.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.75 MB ID:	1874097

    Comment


    • Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Crawfish dressing! That is just divine.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4608 (1).jpg Views:	39 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	1874109


    Some small eggplants pan seared and finished in the oven with a miso glaze. Served with a side of short ribs brazed in sake, broth, soy sauce, and brown sugar.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4613 (1).jpg Views:	39 Size:	1.13 MB ID:	1874108

    Added rice, the pan sauce, pickled cucumber and a bit of Asian slaw to round out the dinner.
    ​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4621 (1).jpg Views:	39 Size:	1,001.0 KB ID:	1874107
    Last edited by DTro; August 4, 2026, 08:04 AM.

    Comment


    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Stunning

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice!!

    Roasted (finally) the hatch chiles I picked up Friday evening.....

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.91 MB ID:	1874112

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.15 MB ID:	1874111

    I'm always impatient with things, but this time I let the chiles steam for about 30 minutes. I was shocked, the skin just peeled right off, often in one or two big pieces. No scraping with the knife or anything.

    I chopped up some, and then froze the rest after I had peeled them. And I made smash burgers:

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2450.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.25 MB ID:	1874113

    These were the best smash burgers I've ever made! Hatch chiles are just perfect for them! So good! (I also switch to sharp cheddar from American....American has just a salt-forward taste that doesn't do it for me.) I'm a minimalist when it comes to smash burgers: toasted bun, patty, cheese, patty, chiles, toasted bun.

    These were the 'hot' Hatch variety at HEB. I don't remember in years past there being a distinction between hot and mild, but these pack some heat, on par with a jalapeño. Super good though.

    Comment


      #inspiration from theroc previous SV chuckie. I repeated his cook…. But, sliced thin for sandwiches. I made an au jus/gravy-adjacent sauce to try and mimic the au jus for a Chicago Italian beef.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0437.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	4.32 MB
ID:	1874123

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0438.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	1874122

      Comment


      • Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good!

      Garlic-marinated porksteaks.. served with potatoes, panfried veggies and mushromsauce.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260803_181310.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	1874141 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260803_181918.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	3.69 MB
ID:	1874142 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260803_182744.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	1874140

      Comment


        Three times. I've cooked ribs three times without wrapping, spritzing or basting. 250° for five hours. Rub applied and membrane scored. When internal was approaching 200° I brushed on sauce, boosted cooking temp to 325° and let them have another 20 minutes.
        First time was so good I had to see if I could repeat. Second was just as good. Rain interfered with a third cookout but I cooked them inside the same way.
        First time wife said "Best ribs yet".
        Second time wife said same.
        Third time she said really good but missed the smoke.....
        I guess I've figured out how to cook my ribs....​

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260721_182304.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	1874151

        Comment


        • Ace
          Ace commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice... 👍

        Salisbury Steak with Shiitake Mushroom Gravy
        This cook was inspired by Tuffy Stone's recipe from his book "Cool Smoke".
        I ground a cross rib roast for this cook and some for the freezer.
        Mashed baby reds for the side with some of the gravy.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	34C183D0-85C2-45CA-9178-B9825AFDF70C.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	1874280
        Click image for larger version

Name:	78BA1D5D-D0BB-47D8-A8B3-7DE5703D84F0.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1874281

        Comment


        • Oak Smoke
          Oak Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          A meat and taters man ! Well done!

        I'm not sure if I just hit a bad batch at Aldi. I got a couple of rib eyes, each 8 oz. Their green package and attached where use a cutting device to separate. Both sous vide 3 plus hours at 130°. Note, different cooks. Did the 2nd tonight. As with the 1st,
        tossed. More fat than meat. They should be embarrassed for selling this crap. It was cheap which could equate to the poor quality. I'm done with their proteins.

        Comment


        • Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Costco….

        • randy.56
          randy.56 commented
          Editing a comment
          Never had one from Aldi, but most grocery stores disappoint, when it comes to steak.

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7