Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    That's a meal. You done did good.

    Comment


      Surf and turf, finished right as a huge storm rolled through

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9022.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	4.96 MB
ID:	1865283

      Comment


        Friday night steak night was a solid one.
        Pulled a vac sealed ribeye out of the freezer and plopped it in the sous vide bath at 131°. Oiled and salted some baking potatoes and put them on a rack nestled in a baking pan, slid that into the 450° oven. Pulled potatoes out at 45 minutes, hatch cross-cut, scooped them out and added butter, half and half, salt, pepper, shredded cheese and....wait for it...a sprinkling of ranch powder. Mashed them thoroughly and filled the crispy skinned boats. 450 degrees for 15 minutes while I seared the heck out of the steak in a cast iron Lodge skillet on the stove. Added butter and rosemary sprigs to the skillet at the end of the cook.
        Plated it up after slicing the steak into serving portions and drizzling that delicious rosemary skillet butter over top.​
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-1905481102.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	1865295 Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-576907326.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	1865294 Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-2003455283.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	954.2 KB
ID:	1865293 Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-557499835.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	928.4 KB
ID:	1865296 Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-362904362.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	706.1 KB
ID:	1865292

        Comment


          I feel good about posting this Friday night pizza. Sausage, mushroom and red bell.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0387.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	1865305



          Comment


          • cruiseplanner1
            cruiseplanner1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sausage and mushroom is my fave

          • surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks excellent.

          • TWBarbecue
            TWBarbecue commented
            Editing a comment
            Perfection! 🔥

          Cooking for a crowd this weekend at the lake. Last night was teriyaki chicken bowls. Tonight, burgers, cheeseburgers or green chile cheese burgers! Had both Weber gassers going for burgers and the mini-flattop going for the fries. This green chile had a little kick to it as well but great flavor!

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0882.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	5.98 MB
ID:	1865311

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0883.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	1865310

          Comment


          • Hulagn1971
            Hulagn1971 commented
            Editing a comment
            Love the meat to bun ratio.

          • barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Hulagn1971 - that’s one of the benefits of most gluten free hamburger buns! 😂

          @Bogy​ After cooking to between 195-200, I set it on the counter until the temp. dropped to 140, that took almost 3 hours, then into the warmer at 140. I'll only hold in the warmer for about 8 hours on the next one. Just experimenting to see if different hold times matter much.

          Comment


          • Bogy
            Bogy commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm assuming from your description that you didn't wrap it. Wrapping it can soften the bark, but unless you are serving a really discerning crowd, I've never worried about the bark getting a little soft. I've pulled brisket/butts the night before and served at noon the next day and nobody ever complained. Or got sick.

          • cruiseplanner1
            cruiseplanner1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Post your thoughts on the hold times. I am considering doing some long ones

          12.5 lbs of pork belly. Most of it cubed for Burnt Ends, the rest cut into strips. Finished results will be posted later.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	731674118_18444451693142138_2436632854135851845_n.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	1865387

          Comment


          • RhodeHog
            RhodeHog commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't tell me the calories or the cholesterol content...just let me feed. That's going to be good.

          • BKYDBBQ
            BKYDBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Food like this is why pigs have the greatest super power - they turn vegetables into pork belly...

          • HotSun
            HotSun commented
            Editing a comment
            BKYDBBQ , old joke, but always funny. That looks sooooo good.

          @Bogy​​ I wrapped in butcher paper at about 175 IT, then back on the BGE for another 2 hours or so, to 195-200, probe tender. Then the counter rest, still in the wrap until it dropped to 140 IT and then into the 140 degree warmer still in the butcher paper wrap and then wrapped that with plastic food wrap. The bark was still very firm.

          Comment


          • HotSun
            HotSun commented
            Editing a comment
            I've followed similar process with both pork and beef, but never thought about it the way you excellently described. Great results. My new kitchen's range does not have a warming oven like my old one, but I will be getting one in the next year or two. I would crank the heat up to 200-250, then turn it off.

          I found a decent deal on some dino ribs at Kroger, which almost never has stuff like this. I waited a few days and it became a great deal when they slapped the Clearance sticker on it for $38. They even sliced across the bones for me so we have 6 servings instead of 3 huge ones.

          Click image for larger version  Name:	20260704_094054.jpg Views:	132 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	1865405 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260704_175610.jpg Views:	79 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	1865534
          Last edited by Steve R.; July 4, 2026, 04:14 PM.

          Comment


          • treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Those look great! Nice job!

          Nice duo cook with my wife. Since we are empty nesters, I've been smoking large chicken breasts from one of those Sam's/Costco bags and we'll eat on them during the week. I don't like cauliflower in most forms but she makes cauliflower steaks by adding Nature's Seasonings then roasting them in our gas oven, It proves my theory that vegetables really want to be roasted and grilled, not boiled. It just makes them happier.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1932.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	4.55 MB
ID:	1865416

          Comment


          • cruiseplanner1
            cruiseplanner1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice, and agree with you on the veggies.

          My Independence Day Cook, on July 3rd. Due to weather and storms, power outages and delays, I had to shift cooking to the Weber Genesis, rather than the Camp Chef griddle and the SNS Kamado. And I dropped brats out of the menu. But it worked!

          On the plus side, I think in some ways I think you get more "charbroiled" taste from smash burgers done on the flat side of grill grates, due to the dripping through the holes in those panels vaporizing on the Weber flavorizer bars....

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6209.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	5.37 MB
ID:	1865428

          And while I did not get a picture of these second batch of burgers after cheesing them up, I did take advantage of the warming rack while batching the burgers....

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6210.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	6.28 MB
ID:	1865429

          Happy Independence Day!

          Comment


          • treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the tip o the grill grates - looks like that works well!

          Pulled chicken with Sweet Pisgah Sauce. Grilled cream corn. Pasta salad and watermelon.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3087.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	1865441
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3088.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1865442 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3089.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	1865443

          Comment


          • HotSun
            HotSun commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like a great Independence Day meal to me. Nice work!

          Pre-smashed smash burgers. Not too bad. Little Tony Chachere's on each side. Running 350+ on the flatside GrillGrates.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260704_154055.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	1865523

          Comment


          • treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            I just saw those at Fred Meyer (Kroger) yesterday. I may try those some day. Do they have the Maillard reaction caramelized crust?

          Finally added a rotisserie to my XL BGE! The accessory I always knew I needed! St Louis Ribs on the spit! No sauce needed!

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5144.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	6.18 MB
ID:	1865525

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5148.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	6.79 MB
ID:	1865526

          Comment


          • SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow!! They look thick enough to be baby backs! I wish I could get spares like that.

          • Michael_in_TX
            Michael_in_TX commented
            Editing a comment
            Ribs on a rotisserie....that is something one does not see every day!

          Celebrating my wife's 50th, daughter's 25th, and America's 250th with a crawfish boil, burgers, and a few salad options.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260704_124501.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	1865536 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260704_124457.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	1865537 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260704_133028.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	1865538

          Comment


          • Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Man it's been a while since I had crawfish.

          • Michael_in_TX
            Michael_in_TX commented
            Editing a comment
            That that is what we call a spread.

          • cruiseplanner1
            cruiseplanner1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great looking table there

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7