Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Not sure if this is the proper place for this? But I just found my new favorite salad dressing. Avocado Lime Ranch, I'm In love with it. Perhaps you may want give it a try, (new flavors?) I can see other uses for it. New to me and where has it been? There are other brands but this is the first one I've tried.
    • Tacos and fajitas: Squeezed or drizzled over fish, shrimp, or chicken tacos.
    • Wraps and burritos: Spreading inside turkey clubs, chicken wraps, or burritos.
    • Burgers and sandwiches: Used as a flavorful spread in place of plain mayo or regular ranch. [1]
    ​

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	181
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1874298​

    Comment


      I mentioned this earlier, but one of the best burgers I’ve had has been a hatch chili burger from Buffalo Wild Wings. I bought some hatch peppers today from HEB and made my own tonight. Damn was it good! This was the first time I’ve ever bought hatch chili peppers and used them in a cook. I get it now why they’re so popular when in season. The flavor is just better than what I’m used to, mainly bells, jalapenos and an occasional poblano.

      After applying my cheese slice to the burger before it was finished, I just scooped a big tablespoon of the hatch peppers on top and let it heat up.


      Please note extra fancy dinnerware….
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6575.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	1874303

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6576.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	1874304

      Comment


      • Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        barelfly I bought some HEB buttery tortillas yesterday also. I’d like to do some type of tacos, any suggestions? Michael_in_TX The Checkers fries are one of my favorites. The seasoning you see on them come that way, no need to add anything else but a little mayo……or ketchup. 😎

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d suggest green chile chicken tacos. You could follow this recipe for cooking the green chile chicken and then just use to make tacos with the tortillas. Or…make a small casserole of green chile chicken enchiladas. You can use the flour tortillas, that is how my son likes them, but corn tortillas will work better and provide a better result in my opinion.
        Will post link below

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        One of my favorite flavor combinations - green chile and chicken!!!
        Wanted to share my wife’s Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas recipe for those interested in this great dish! Please let me know if you have any questions. And I’ll try to remember to add a photo when we make this again. Text is below and Paprika File attached as well. Using a 9x12 glass casserole dish - serves 8-10 Whole

      Haven't had a whole lot of time for long smokes lately due to some work and church (over)commitments, so I've been grilling more. Here's some orange-ginger marinated pork chops with a garlicky cucumber tomato salad.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	1000002502.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	382.2 KB
ID:	1874319

      Comment


      • Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        The pork chops here and chicken thighs below all look great!

      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice summer meal

      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

      ...and there's a bunch of chickens limping around somewhere. Grilled boneless chicken thighs with a heavy coating of Meat Church Hickory rub on a bed of wild rice cooked in chicken bullion and veggies. Our pastor has a family of nine so I was making dinner for them, as well as an elderly couple down the street.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	1000002593.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	666.3 KB
ID:	1874322

      Click image for larger version

Name:	1000002589.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	743.0 KB
ID:	1874323

      Comment


      • Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        You nailed the presentation in those trays! That is just beautiful!

      • TheAmazingJohnJ
        TheAmazingJohnJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Michael_in_TX thanks! Appreciate the compliment!

      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        You did a good thing, and you did it so well. Who wouldn't welcome a tray presented like that. It all looks delicious. I bet the recipients were thrilled. Kudos to you.

        Kathryn

      The RENOWNED MR. BROWN from the Smoke & Spice Cookbook.

      Pork Butt - Smoke & Spice The Renowned Mr. Brown - The Virtual Weber Bullet​

      Been using the recipe for years and it does not disappoint. The butt below was smoked on my PBC and came out fantastic. Tender, moist, perfectly seasoned with little bits of crust in each bite.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	1000004551.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1874412

      Click image for larger version

Name:	1000004556.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1874413

      Click image for larger version

Name:	1000004558.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	1874414

      Click image for larger version

Name:	1000004559.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	1874415

      Comment


      • HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh dang, all of that and leftovers.

      • 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        The Renowned Mister Brown! I have that cookbook, one of my faves. I need to make the Struttin' Sauce again, haven't made it in awhile.

      This was my first cook on the Hasty-Bake Legacy 133 that I won in July. Picanha, indirect and then direct. This was the worst picanha (in quality of meat) that I have cooked and shouldn't have bought it, but I did my best with it. Dry brined for three days:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260803_181707.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	1874474

      Then onto the Hasty-Bake, cooking at 450F indirect, with the adjustable fire box between the 'sear' and 'bake' settings. Here is the HB in action (and yes, it's supposed to look like that):
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260803_182822.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	1874472

      It cooked very fast, compared to the Kamander finished with a very quick sear. Doneness was about medium, not quite my target of medium-rare:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260803_184007.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1874471

      Steamed broccoli, black beans, white rice, farofa, and picanha:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260803_184703.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	1874473
      Picanha was good, not great, but the kids enjoyed. The main issues were timing of the cook and the meat quality. I have to learn the best way to use the HB to get the results I want, but I'm not unhappy with this.

      Comment


        Did get the stick burner going today and then some showers moved in. Smoked some brook trout that I caught last week along with four spatchcocked chickens. Dry brined the chickens overnight then rubbed them with some garlic and herbs before smoking. Wet brined the trout in a salt/brown sugar brine with two bay leaves in overnight Click image for larger version

Name:	Brook Trout.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	488.2 KB
ID:	1874487 Click image for larger version

Name:	Chicken.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	532.2 KB
ID:	1874488 . Nibbled on the chicken but didn't taste the trout yet. I have smoked brook trout before and surprisingly they are not the best trout for smoking. I don't know why. I do all of the other ones and also Salmon and they are fantastic. So we will see what these big fellows bring.

        Comment


        • HotSun
          HotSun commented
          Editing a comment
          Yum, trout looks really good!

        • cruiseplanner1
          cruiseplanner1 commented
          Editing a comment
          It turned out excellent also. Guess I was surprised as I did some huge coaster brooks that did not taste well.

        A small batch of wings that I did the other day…and promptly forgot to post because Hey look a squirrel!
        I did some traditional Buffalo, honey garlic, and lemon pepper.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2026-08-02-194029.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	1874525
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2026-08-05-130425.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	1874526

        Comment


        • cruiseplanner1
          cruiseplanner1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Love wings and crinkle cuts for the win!

        • Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          I never seem to get char like that, even with a Vortex.

        • surfdog
          surfdog commented
          Editing a comment
          Michael_in_TX I just let that sucker rip towards the end.

        Burn ban still on so no wood/charcoal cooking, air quality unhealthy, 700+ homes lost and they say it might get to 1100, 60000+ had to evac from all the area fires. Smoke so thick that I can only see about 2 blocks at my place. I had planned to cook ribs today so I decided to cook indoors.
        4 lb Pork back ribs, 2 day brine, my secret rub and bourbon bbq sauce (hope that didn't get in the picture).
        Sides were the wife's Mexican corn salad and my bbq beans inspired by Aaron Franklin. Have enough of everything to do this again tomorrow.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	E94EA4D1-768A-4C83-B474-50295BDEA1F5.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	1874564

        Click image for larger version

Name:	F3FBB12C-7D6A-49DF-B1E1-6CEF85292E5C.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	1874562
        Click image for larger version

Name:	AFF1B972-7C09-42FE-A6DB-7187421481BD.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1874563

        Comment


        • HotSun
          HotSun commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great and Mexican corn salad sounds tasty.

        • Ace
          Ace commented
          Editing a comment
          @HotSun
          Edit for recipe.
          1 can of corn (or 16oz frozen) Charred.
          Add peppers and onions to taste.
          2 tsp cilantro.
          Chill when veggies are tender.

          Dressing (make the day before).
          1/4 Tbl lime juice.
          1/4 tsp garlic.
          1/2 tsp chili powder or 1/4 tsp ancho powder.
          1/2 tsp cumin.
          1/4 tsp smoked paprika.
          1/4 cup sour cream.
          2 Tbl mayo.
          Chill then combine with the corn mix.
          Top with Feta (or your favorite cheese) and serve.

        • HotSun
          HotSun commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the recipe @Ace!. I will give that a try soon.

        Smoked a trimmed-down 12-pound Costco Prime brisket over Jealous Devil lump charcoal with a few chunks of oak for an extra layer of smoky flavor.

        For the seasoning, I kept it simple with a homemade rub of kosher salt, coarse black pepper, a touch of Lawry’s, freshly ground celery seed, smoked paprika, a dash of beef bouillon, and a light smear of syrup from a jar of candied jalapeños for a subtle sweet heat.

        During the cook, I periodically spritzed the brisket with apple cider vinegar, then switched to Worcestershire sauce toward the end to build a deeper, savory finish.

        For dessert, I threw together butter, salt, pecans, milk chocolate chips, and marshmallows to make a warm, gooey s’mores dip—served with graham crackers for dunking. Not sure which the kids liked more, the 7 hour brisket or the 10 minute smores dip and dunk.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	2712.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	1874572

        Click image for larger version

Name:	2713.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	1874573

        Click image for larger version

Name:	2714.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	1874574

        Click image for larger version

Name:	2720.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	1874575


        ​

        Comment


        • smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          bet that was way better than a smoked semiconductor!

        • HotSun
          HotSun commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know....that dip sounds really, really good.

        • Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          The candied jalapeño syrup is quite clever.

        I know, he's posting a wing cook again. Hey my annual renewal was processed this week. Your stuck with me for another year. The reason, I mixed Frank's Hot Wing Sauce with Shiracha Sauce as there was a couple of table spoons in a bottle. Nice mix and upped the heat. Plus, I have no idea, these were the crisp like I don't remember. Kettle and Vortex a win.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260805_182220.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	1874586

        Comment


        • smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          another year? 🫣😉

        • RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          smokenoob yea, your gotta problem wid dat? My Boyz will come visit u. Da problem, we have no idea where u r.🙄

        • HotSun
          HotSun commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine renewed last week, so I guess I'm stuck here another year, too. Wings + Vortex = a sure winner. Looks great.

        The last steak I won in the monthly drawing. Nan said it was perfect, but I thought it could have been better.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4657[1].jpg
Views:	140
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	1874592

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4659[1].jpg
Views:	135
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	1874593

        Comment


        • smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          looks perfect!

        • cruiseplanner1
          cruiseplanner1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with the lady

        26th anniversary cook! Went to the store to find what I could cook for a special dinner, and after $33 came home with two strip steaks, two lawbstah tails, Brussels and cookies!!!!!!!

        Great dinner and enjoyable evening!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1113.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	5.96 MB
ID:	1874598

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1115.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	4.22 MB
ID:	1874597

        Comment


        • cruiseplanner1
          cruiseplanner1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great chef

        • OC Sandy
          OC Sandy commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy Anniversary!

        • Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats!

        Ribeye, jalapeno mac n' cheese, and jalapeno crawfish cornbread dressing.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	steak_8-5-2026.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	1874612

        Comment


          Cooked two boneless chicken breasts sous vide. Seared in the CI on the Weber gasser, spooned pan sauce. Served over corn maque choux. The maque choux was the star.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260806_011752065.MP.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	1874640
          Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260806_013129265.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	1874641

          Comment


          • treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Wonderful! In my own opinion, I have the meat cooking down, but I'm really lacking in side dish creativity. That looks fantastic.

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7