Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My fresh from scratch pizza making abilities have been well documented in the pages of SUWYC, and tonight will be no exception. My creativity boggles the mind.


    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6506.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.99 MB ID:	1869718

    ACTUAL UNTOUCHED PHOTO OF ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS I ADDED
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6508.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.71 MB ID:	1869717


    I EXPECT THERE WILL BE A PM SOON FROM Richard Chrz ASKING FOR TIPS…
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6509.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.21 MB ID:	1869716
    Last edited by Panhead John; July 19, 2026, 04:22 PM.

    Comment


    • Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Maestro!

    • Draznnl
      Draznnl commented
      Editing a comment
      Appropriate that your post goes right after Richard Chrz

    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a Jack Daniels pizza.

      After you consume enough jack daniels, it doesn't matter if it tastes like pizza or not, it’s round and has cheese.

      Edit to add, I have to imagine this pizza is the equivalent to boiled ribs....
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; July 19, 2026, 10:11 AM.

    I reverse seared pork tenderloin on the 26 Kettle. I lit 10 briqs in the SnS with a chunk of pecan and used Billows to hold it at 250*, to put some smoke on them, till I dumped a chimney of lump in the SnS to sear. Marinated with Sweetwater Spice BBQ Bath, had it for a year or two and needed to use it.

    I used chipotle based rubs on both, one was rubbed with Plowboys Yardbird covered with Cattleman's Grill Smokey Chipotle Coffee rub. The other had light dusting of Heath Riles Jalapeno Garlic and then Kosmos Cherrywood Smoked Chipotle. Both were good, but the Kosmos rub stood out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lynn Dollar; July 19, 2026, 06:27 AM.

    Comment


    • wrgilb
      wrgilb commented
      Editing a comment
      The next time you do these try making this sauce to go with it.
      • 1-13 oz. jar red plum preserves. We like the Bonne Maman brand
      • 2 Tbl. butter
      • 1 small onion diced
      • 1/2 cup brown sugar
      • 1/3 cup chili sauce
      • ¼ cup soy sauce
      • 2 TBL. lemon juice
      • 2 tsp dry mustard
      • 3 drops of hot sauce
      Directions 
      Sauté onion in butter until clear, 4-5 minutes
      Mix plum preserves and all ingredients together, add to the onion, cook over medium heat, uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring often.

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      This sauce sounds so good, wrgilb . Thanks for the recipe.

      Kathryn

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Those pork tenderloins couldn't be more perfect. Congrats on doing such a great job with them.

      Kathryn

    World Cup Wings!!!!!!!!!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0972.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	6.12 MB
ID:	1869872

    Comment


    • Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look great!

    Smoked a pork belly. Seasoned with salt and pepper only. We'll be using this for sliders and pork belly tacos this week.
    Sun Jul 19 Session https://share.fireboard.io/A5F4C2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260719_104116.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	1869883 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260719_133845.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	4.45 MB
ID:	1869886 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260719_152008.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	1869884 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260719_152018.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	1869885

    Comment


    Had mom and brothers over for a fish fry last night eating Lake Huron Gold aka Walleye that were fresh caught. Click image for larger version

Name:	Fish Fry 2.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	617.4 KB
ID:	1869900

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      #jealous

    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks sooo good. I so miss fresh Walleye, and a shore lunch. Im sure your mom and brothers enjoyed it!

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks all. They did enjoy it, brother called me today and said he told his daughter about how we fry them. They also cook quite a bit when they catch them with me

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5660.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	1869925 Had friends over for burgers! Also, their 7 month old got to try watermelon for the first time, which was adorable.

    Comment


    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      That is one thick burger! Looks great.

      Kathryn

    • zblongladder
      zblongladder commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc Thanks! I like reverse searing my burgers over mesquite, so I make them a bit thick so they have time to get some smoke flavor before they need to sear.

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds delicious!

      Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; July 20, 2026, 06:31 AM.

    Did a Texas style turkey breast and some party ribs on the Primo. Turkey was one of the honey brined ones from Wegmans, just light salt and garlic powder with heavy dose of pepper. Ribs were baby backs with Killer Hogs hot rub and vinegar sauce. Very good eating ribs. And of course the perfect summer side of some steamed corn with butter.

    also pictured are some scallops and ribeyes from Friday. We get incredible scallops here though I haven’t quite figured out the sear on the griddle yet. I’m not sure how to describe it but it never gets the thicker crust I get on cast iron inside. Maybe it’s the lack of depth of oil? Either way delicious and easy.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9063.jpg Views:	59 Size:	4.39 MB ID:	1869947

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9062.jpg Views:	58 Size:	6.34 MB ID:	1869948

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9058.jpg Views:	59 Size:	5.26 MB ID:	1869949

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9061.jpg Views:	59 Size:	6.88 MB ID:	1869950
    Last edited by bbq_esq; July 20, 2026, 07:24 AM.

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Great crust on the scallops from where I’m standing…🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh you were eating good all weekend

    A few thin slices of last nights tenderloin topped with a bit of chimi, made a pan of collards with shallots, carrots, garlic confit oil, tai pepper, finished with some lemon and a drizzle of honey.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	5131807C-8711-4D36-AA39-840CAFF92099.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	350.0 KB
ID:	1870006

    Comment


    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't used cilantro or parsley since the cyclospora outbreak was first announced. I sure to miss them. I hope it's actually the Taylor Farms lettuce so I can get back to my herby delights.

      Your meal looks wonderful.

      Kathryn

    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      @fzxsoc thankfully farmers markets have kept me in fresh on most greens, and my wife has a few herb gardens for me to pick out of as needed,

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I could successfully grow cilantro. It's mostly a one-hit wonder in my herb beds, Richard. I get one or two good harvests and then it goes to seed.

      Parsley, on the other hand, must have been re-engineered in the past couple of years, because it no longer bolts early. It just keeps on producing. The past 3 years I've had bumper crops, coming back yearly. This year all I got was a few springs. Wah!

      K.

    It's been a long time since I posted anything on this thread, and here I am posting something I didn't even cook. But this is how my brother in law does it. He uses that 26" Weber bowl I got from a warranty claim and my old Arteflame steel insert that I stopped using once I Got the EVO.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20260719_185038.jpg Views:	0 Size:	603.7 KB ID:	1870029 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20260719_185255.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	1870030 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20260719_185259.jpg Views:	0 Size:	779.4 KB ID:	1870031

    Comment


    • randy.56
      randy.56 commented
      Editing a comment
      The food looks awesome, but so is the landscape. Where is this?

    • RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice to see you post. Please try to get back into the rhythm.

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Great-looking mixed grill with your BIL at the helm. Thanks in part to you.

      K.

    randy.56 Portland Oregon, they have a unique property to have a view like that in the city. Sometimes they talk about selling it. I hope they don't. The patio they cook and eat on is above what they call the bomb shelter which might actually be what it was. But it's been a little winery ever since they bought the house. Just for personal consumption. We had a 2008 Syrah last night. He's a pretty good wine maker.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5530~2.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1870040

    Comment


    • labbq
      labbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, that sounds awesome!

    Well, I decided a month and only 2 cooks on the new PBX was too long. So this weekend I thawed out a pack of chicken thighs, seasoned them with Denny Mike's "Chick Magnet" as a dry rub, and grated them in the PBX. Cook was done in 45 minutes, and they were great! I spent more time setting up the PBX than I did cooking, haha.

    I didn't feel like hassling with foil and had no magnets, so just pulled the center rebar out any time I needed to access the grate with the tongs, and it worked just fine.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6277.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	1870042


    The Performer Deluxe served to light a half chimney of coals, and as a work table to hold my tongs, beer and thermapen!


    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6279.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	5.03 MB
ID:	1870043

    Anyway, I enjoyed it yesterday AND today, and probably tomorrow two. My kids call cooking in advance "meal prepping". I guess you could call it leftovers, but in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350, it reheats nice and crispy.

    Comment


    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Jim, jfmorris , some people like the PBC chickens right off the bat. Others, like you, note the taste difference from other cookers and may/may not be as enamored with the PBC product. To me (and the family), the PBC flavor is head and shoulders above my kamado or kettle chickens. With the PBC, the smokiness is up front with the bite. With the kamado/kettle, the smoke flavor shows up mid- to late-bite. People used to chickens on a stickburner or pellet cooker often seem not to be PBC bird fans

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      (continued from previous comment)

      ...preferring the more subtle smokiness that their cooker provides.
      Plus, the kettle or kamado cannot replicate the amount of juiciness that I get from a PBC bird. But we each get to like what we like. Not like growing up when we were not given an opinion. We just had to hand in a clean plate no matter what. We had fat dogs back then, under the dinner table being their favorite spot with so many kids around the table.

      K.

    • jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Kathryn fzxdoc the juiciness of the breasts on the PBX split chickens is what my wife commented on. I don’t think the grated thighs quite hit the flavor profile of those split chickens.

    Panhead John inspired pie sans greenery. Pre-cooked the mushrooms in butter.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260719_212707.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	1870046 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260719_213246.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	4.72 MB
ID:	1870047 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260719_213622.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	4.49 MB
ID:	1870045 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260719_215250.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	4.54 MB
ID:	1870048

    Comment


    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      So proud to see my culinary visions inspiring other fine chefs!

    Just got home from a few days on the road so grilled up some chicken thighs and wings on the SnS. Dusted with Meat Church ghost rub. Served with creamy garlic orzo.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260720_021110522.MP.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	1870058
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260720_023046671.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	1870059

    Comment


      Inspired by jfmorris question this week about chicken thighs on the PBC, we did Huli Huli thighs last night with a baked potato and corn on the cob:

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5983.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	1870082

      Comment


      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like a winner!

        Kathryn

      • jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad I inspired another PBC cook! . I gotta try this Huli huli sauce.

      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Those look great Tom

      Ribs, street corn casserole, and slaw for me and a buddy while I tried to pretend that soccer doesn't bore me out of my mind.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8207.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	4.45 MB
ID:	1870085

      Comment


      • Purc
        Purc commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on the pro bowling as well as Olympic curling. I can't watch much soccer now even though both sons played high school soccer as well as select/traveling club soccer.

      • Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d rather watch badminton at the retirement home.
        Last edited by Panhead John; July 20, 2026, 07:58 AM.

      • Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John you give me hope. You’ll still be chasing short skirts at 90. I can see it now with your new definition of mixed doubles! Hahaha!

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7