Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Smoking some chicken thighs for a local competition.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	20260620_122143.jpg Views:	16 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	1862630

    Comment


    • WI Bubba
      WI Bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully they score as good as they look.

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a winner!

    • dpearce
      dpearce commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look like they'll take top prize! Beautiful!

    #47
    Was really wiped out and had to come up w dinner at 8pm. This 20 minute (start to finish) meal punches way above its weight. Simple, preserved lemon pasta.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9149.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	1862796

    Comment


    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm always on the hunt for using preserved lemon in dishes. You're right, this ticks all the boxes. Very nice!

      K.

    • HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my...great photo....I can almost taste it. Nice work.

    #48
    Empanadas!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7710.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	1862803

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7711.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1862802

    Comment


    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I love them. Never made them though, used to pick them up in my travels if they were available.

    • snowswamp
      snowswamp commented
      Editing a comment
      cruiseplanner1, it took some time and wasn’t to much of a struggle. I used ATK recipe with some minor mods. The crimper tool we inherited did make it go faster. Roll them out bigger than you need to make sure everything fits inside.

    #49
    Pan fried a ribeye steak and eggs for dinner sided with a fresh from scratch homemade 🙄 hash brown patty.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6405.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	1862807

    Comment


    • HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz , it's a dad thing.

    • Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a great looking ribeye, PJ!

    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Sid!

    #50
    Once again, this meal brought to you by the color brown. Fish ‘n tots ‘n slaw.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0364.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.97 MB ID:	1862811

    homemade tartar sauce not shown

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      HotSun it’s different all the time. Basic ratio recipe is from a book called A Taste of the Gulf Coast. I’ll post it if you like. This time I used dukes, squeeze of lemon, capers, sweet relish, dried parsley and dill. Dash of lemon pepper. I will say, though, this one was better than most.

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the additional deets, SheilaAnn . I'm going to give your recipe a try.

      K.

    • HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 what Kathryn said. SheilaAnn , I can look it up, though I wouldn't be sad to see it in the recipes section. In our house, we've started to favor Kewpie mayo, expensive but worth it. Duke's is a great choice.

    #51
    Haven’t had any memorable cooks lately, at least none that were photographed. To avoid being out of the game too long I bring you these simple meals.

    The other night we had sloppy joes. Manwich, Lays potato chips, toasted brioche bun. I hit mine with mustard too.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8477.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	1862851

    Had a little leftover, so yesterday’s breakfast became a sloppy Joe omelet. Egg. Cheese. Sloppy beef. It wasn’t pretty, but it tasted great.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8499.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	1862852

    Comment


    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      You done good

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Love sloppy joes and the mustard is the same I do. The omelete, why not?

    • HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      You make good leftovers. And Manwich is American comfort food in my book.

    #52
    Last night we were out late at my son’s baseball tournament, so we grabbed some Chinese on the way home.

    I had a little fried rice and kung pao chicken leftover, so into a bowl it went. Topped with a few scrambled eggs and a drizzle of sriracha.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8526.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	1862854

    Comment


    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! And hope the baseball games were good!

    • HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea for leftovers. Yum.

    • Trunkmonkey
      Trunkmonkey commented
      Editing a comment
      I do this all he time; leftovers reimagined. It's underrated..

    #53
    Porkchops & beer on the gasser..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260626_171550.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	1862878

    Comment


    • Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      I've heard of beer can chicken, but beer bottle pork chops?

    • HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that looks great! How did you season the chops?

    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Hot beer! Who knew? Maybe the porkchops knew what you do.

    #54
    Summer in a bowl. Trombe pasta with a sauce of sungold tomatoes from the garden, onion, and yellow squash.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260626_020009908.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	1863012

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds and looks like a fantastic summer in a bowl!

    • JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yum

    #55
    Today was a busy day with the smoker. Up at 4 am to fire it up and get my pot of baked beans going. Smoked a pork shoulder and a chuckie. Chuck was grocery store thick so it got to 150 earlier than I planned. As pictured I cut it up and made some burnt ends and kept a third for slicing up at lunchtime in some good bakery flour tortillas and mustard. Excellent. Pulled and crutched my meteorites and later as the shoulder was finishing I slid a pichana steak on and reversed seared it on the smoker. Then finished on the grill. I had to try one after looking at all the nice pictures you folks did with them steaks but mine did not turn out so photogenic. I did watch the temp with my Thermopop and pulled it at 214. We like our steak rare. It won't win any photo contest but tastewise it was fabulous. Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoke 1.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	666.1 KB
ID:	1863036 Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoke 2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	426.7 KB
ID:	1863037 Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoke 3.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	670.2 KB
ID:	1863038 Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoke 4.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	509.8 KB
ID:	1863039 Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoke 5.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	540.6 KB
ID:	1863040 Click image for larger version

Name:	Smoke 6.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	576.3 KB
ID:	1863041

    Comment


    • TomfromtheSoo
      TomfromtheSoo commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks like you had a great day! And great chow!

    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Got busy, you done did good.

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sun I am not sure on the smoker as I was low into the coals so it took a bit of time to reverse sear but it sure picked up some flavor doing it that way. Luv I also made a pot of homemade baked beans and an Asian Salad "in my spare time yesterday". Day started at 4:10 am and I almost finished at 8:30. Did four batches of dishes and left one for this morning. My butt was whipped.

    #56
    Low country boil.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260626_184814.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	1863079

    Comment


      #57
      Fiesta Friday

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6079.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	1863082

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6076.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	1863083

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6073.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	4.57 MB
ID:	1863084

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6075.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	6.19 MB
ID:	1863085

      Comment


      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful color. And on flour tortillas too....mmm.

      #58
      No one wants to see grilled hot dogs. So I give you pork cracklings instead:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260626_202721.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	1863096
      This was pigskin removed from the picnic I smoked late Sunday and into Monday; either make an American football or cracklings. I seasoned them with my pork rub the other day and waited until I had some free time to do it. I put them on the Kamander indirect heat. It got hotter than I would have liked and some overcooked, but they are pretty good anyhow. Haven't made them since I was a kid, and that was a couple few years ago. Keto friendly.

      Comment


        #59
        One of 9 individual pizzas baked on my Scorpio pizza oven for dinner.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6592.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	652.3 KB
ID:	1863105

        Comment


        • TomfromtheSoo
          TomfromtheSoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome Yum!

        • dpearce
          dpearce commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking pizza and that backyard looks very nice too!

        • JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Artist at Work. Great pic and pie!

        #60
        G is for guajillo. This Chilean Sea Bass was marinated with guajillo and achiote paste then grilled. No tomatoes were harmed making the rice - cooked with chicken broth and guajillos. I wish CSB was cheaper bc I’d eat it every week.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9161.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1863171
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9166.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	1863172
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9168.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1863170

        Comment


        • HotSun
          HotSun commented
          Editing a comment
          JCBBQ , got it, thanks!

        • Santamarina
          Santamarina commented
          Editing a comment
          Can’t say I’ve ever had CSB, and I’m not a fan of cooked fish in general—exceptions: I love fish and chips and San Felipe style fish tacos, and I’ll eat sushi all day every day—but that looks and sounds tasty enough that I’d give it a try!

        • surfdog
          surfdog commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks really good.
          And yeah, that fish is pretty spendy around here as well ±$60/lb.

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7