Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    One of the pork tenderloins I smoked and seared today, to about 135 IT. The flavor is incredible.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4464.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	5.90 MB
ID:	1869164

    Comment


      Cooked up 35lbs bone in pork butt and half a slab of pork belly for a baby 👶🏻 shower on Saturday.

      Cut in half and rubbed with a Southwest rub from the Weber cookbook.

      Used two 22” Performers with a SnS each and the 26” with the old Smokenator.

      Was a looong hot day. 🥵 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5136.jpg Views:	3 Size:	5.21 MB ID:	1869177 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5135.jpg Views:	3 Size:	4.95 MB ID:	1869178 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5137.jpg Views:	3 Size:	4.29 MB ID:	1869176 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5137.jpg Views:	3 Size:	4.29 MB ID:	1869179

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5141.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	4.47 MB
ID:	1869175


      Last edited by HawkerXP; July 17, 2026, 09:06 AM.

      Comment


      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        No that's what I call a great cook! Look at that slide down the bone. 🤩🤩🤩

        I bet the food was a real hit at the baby shower.

        Kathryn

      • HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        All who I talked with loved it. The pork belly was a special request from the mother to be, so that wasn't put out for general consumption. She is like a daughter to us. We gave her a Performer for a wedding present.

        It was just my pulled pork. Most people automatically dump sauce all over PP. I did ask them to try it without sauce first. Most that did loved it plain.
        I did bring some Killer Hog for those folks who wanted it.

        I have been requested to do more party food in the future. fzxdoc
        Last edited by HawkerXP; July 20, 2026, 04:24 PM.

      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I can see why you're at the top of the list for providing food for future get-togethers, HawkerXP .

        I'm glad to hear that both mom- and baby-to-be got to enjoy your pork belly, sequentially.

        Kathryn

      Work in progress, but I'm doing something a little different for din din tonight—gas grill ribs.

      Oh, the heresy!

      I watched a video from Brian Lagerstrom, one of my favorite YouTube recipe personalities, and he does a couple racks of ribs in the oven wrapped in foil first, for 3 hours. Then on the gas grill for some char, then basted in homemade sauce. And I know exactly what you're thinking right now, "C'mon man... Oven and gas grill for ribs? Someone tell Meathead this whackjob is over here logged in and typing things unsupervised!"

      But crazy as it may sound I have learned to appreciate food not drenched in smoke, it can be just as good. Think about a good smashburger. Even a fried steak. Both still delicious because of what it is. I realize I have had some BBQ blinders on, thinking ribs and steaks and burgers MUST have some degree of fire and smoke involved. Well, no you don't have to have smoke for your favorite proteins to be wonderful. And Brian's video here inspired me to try ribs in a way I'm not sure I've ever done them. However...

      ...I will make some small changes from his video- I will "smoke" them on the gasser first, with a pan of wood chips & small chunks, for an hour or so for some delicate-but-there smoke flavor (cuz I can't have my whole pitmaster card revoked by group vote here), then wrap in foil to continue the cook. Then I will sear and use my own homemade Shawsh to baste them.

      Stay tuned.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	20260717_110228.jpg Views:	3 Size:	1.72 MB ID:	1869221

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260717_151030.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	1870136 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260717_182041.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1870134 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260717_184602.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1870135

      Comment


      • Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        Experimenting is good. Last week when I had problems with my Grilla (I thought I had it solved but Wednesday it still was doing crazy things. Vacation Project.) I switched to the Crock Pot to finish. Actually, on Wednesday I switched to the Bronco. Having more than one tool in the toolbox is a good thing. That's why it's necessarey for me to have nine cookers. (Having two homes does also come into play.)

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahah! What is this!!!!!!!!!



        Those look darn good to me! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Whuuut?

        I'll stay tuned...

        K.

      Couple recent cooks, bbq turkey for some co worker appreciation, they're not red meat eaters. Smoked to about 150°f internal, foiled with butter and more rub, in oven at 170 overnight, brought to work in cooler along with collard greens and cheddar jalepeno corn bread.

      Also homemade hot sauce, mostly jalepenos and a single armageddon pepper (without seeds because i am a wuss lol) roasted over cherry wood, with fresh peaches, mangoes, lime zest and juice. Into jars and water bath canned. Click image for larger version

Name:	20260709_211910.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	1869329 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260709_212729.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	1869330 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_160742.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	1869331 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_163546.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	1869332 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260709_214334.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	1869333 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_163034.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	1869334 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_170630.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	1869335

      Comment


      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice cook! Love jalapeños on there too!!

      Did my first brisket in almost two years, and only my sixth overall. Angus Choice, a bit over 11lb, and I trimmed 4lb.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260714_195612.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	1869393
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260714_200742.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	1869395
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260714_201547.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	1869396

      Ran it overnight in the SnS kettle running B&B coals and some hickory chunks. Those B&Bs were rock solid all night and until the middle of the next day.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	2026_07 brisket.gif
Views:	237
Size:	843.1 KB
ID:	1869397

      Transferred it to the Pit Boss pellet smoker to rest. It was 22 hours by the time I got set to serve.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	temp plot.png
Views:	244
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	1869392

      So jiggly I couldn't even cut a thin slice with my just-sharpened slicer.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260716_181710.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	4.85 MB
ID:	1869400
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260716_182146.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	1869399
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260716_182248.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	1869398

      Absolutely delicious, fall-apart tender, yum yum yum!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260716_182632.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	1869394

      Comment


      • Draznnl
        Draznnl commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great.

      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        You did not deliver, to my house that is. Not even a taste.
        Looks so good, I want some. I guess you did not get me order. I'm sad.

      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        With this one, you've got undeniable smoked brisket creds. What a beaut!

        Kathryn

      I've not been able to grill for months. First the extreme drought then a fall and major injury requiring surgery. Today I got back into the Pit, the portable pit.

      It's the first time using the 17 inch portable grill. I set it with 24 Kingsford briquets. There wasn't much air flow so next time I think I'll go with 40.
      End chops marinated in Dale's Seasoning, corn nibblers, and Kansas City Steak Company's twice baked potatoes.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	1869416

      Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	1869417

      Click image for larger version

Name:	d.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	1869418

      Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	1869419


      ​

      Comment


      • Draznnl
        Draznnl commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear about your injury. I'm glad you're feeling at least somewhat better and are able to cook. Looking forward to more tales of healing accompanying upcoming cooks.

      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you've completely recovered from your injury and surgery. I bet it felt great to get outside and cook.

        Kathryn

      • labbq
        labbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear you are recovering!

      Poor Man's Burnt Ends on Kettle with SnS. My belly is full and happy. Total time 7 hours. Stubbs Hickory Bourbon was the sauce along with the brown sugar.



      ​ Click image for larger version  Name:	20260717_184604.jpg Views:	24 Size:	2.36 MB ID:	1869436 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260717_184723.jpg Views:	28 Size:	971.6 KB ID:	1869437

      Comment


        Finally using the griddle now that the patio is clean! So….beef and broccoli it is! And went super simple, using Bachan’s gluten free sauce. Added in some red and orange peppers and onions. Happy friYAY!!!!!!!!!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0968.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	5.21 MB
ID:	1869450

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0969.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	1869449

        Comment


          Ok, with all the talk about eating COOKED veggies, I cobbled together dinner for the missus and myself tonight...


          First, baked a sourdough boule that fermented for several days in the fridge....

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6272.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	1869452

          And setup the SNS Kamado with SNS for some direct/indirect cooking. Corn and dry brined NY strips with Uncle Chris on them....

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6268.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	5.99 MB
ID:	1869454

          And I put it all together with artichokes (steamed) and potatoes (microwaved)....

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6274.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	4.51 MB
ID:	1869453

          After having steaks from restaurants 2 or 3 times in the past 2 weeks, SWMBO said that we just need to give up on those, as none of them are as good as the ones I make at home.... I'll take the compliment!

          Comment


          • Bogy
            Bogy commented
            Editing a comment
            As well you should. A month ago when our daughter and her spouse took us out for our anniversary my wife did the smart thing and ordered a pasta seafood dish that she raved over. I ordered a NY Strip that I know I could have done better. When will I learn. That looks great!

          Blackened Prime ribeye……..

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6503.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1869483 ​​​​​​​

          Comment


          • RichieB
            RichieB commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice John.

          • barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s a good lookin plate! Like the baker!!!!!!

          • fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Yum!

          4 Tri Tips for our annual Father’s Day/Birthday Celebration. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1035.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	5.90 MB
ID:	1869509

          Comment


          • Ace
            Ace commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful... Nicely done. 👍

          • wrgilb
            wrgilb commented
            Editing a comment
            Foiling that grease slide would save you some cleanup.

          • Andrrr
            Andrrr commented
            Editing a comment
            GREAT first post! I bet it was delicious.

          Brisket on smoker

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260718_071144.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	1869610 This is 15 hours in.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260718_112656.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	1869611 this is done at 20 hours. 225 smoke

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260718_122201.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	1869612 this is the other half. Now in cooler resting.

          Comment


            Ok. So I was at Aldi's and noticed their carnitas pre seasoned pork butt and for $5, I thought I'd give it a try. I looked on YouTube, butt every mention showed it being cooked (boiled) in a crockpot. No going there! It's just the wife and I, and so I didn't need a full on Sam's Club butt, so about 3lbs was perfect (taco night!). Smoked it to 203 deg. And shredded it with the addition of an orange and some lime juice. It has just a little heat in the marinade, and is quite good.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260718_134821201.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	3.98 MB
ID:	1869676

            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260718_135015485.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	1869677

            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260718_205858488.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	1869678

            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260718_211827309.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	1869679

            Comment


            • barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks like it’s gonna be some good ol TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            • fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice! Was it very salty? I'm always leery of commercial marinated meat because it's often too salty for us.

            • Bluetail66213
              Bluetail66213 commented
              Editing a comment
              Was not salty and it did not last very long. Will do again.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	20260717_172200 (1).jpg
Views:	186
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	1869681
            Pork Tenderloin. Grill Foiled Potatoes/Carrots/Onions, and Watermelon. An easy summer dinner last night.

            Comment


              I had my wife take me to the Farmers Market this morning so I could quick get some fresh onions, garlic, shallots, by the time I got out of there i had bags of produce…lol including some fresh green beans,

              Since I has the fresh green beans i pulled a pork tenderloin out of the freezer when we got home and thawed it as much as I could before I gave it a good SV bath, finished with a huge live oak fire finish on my 22 kettle and brushed with chimichurri.

              I seasoned up the bean pan with bacon until it was crispy, took the bacon out added in onions, salt pepper,garlic, then the beans cooked it a bit, then added a bit of broth and covered, finished them with bourbon, brown sugar, and alleppo pepper, and crumbled bacon, salt.

              Edit: bowl of homemade vanilla with some chocolate, caramel, drizzled over with spanish peanuts for dessert. It is National Ice Cream Day after all.

              Click image for larger version  Name:	B865B5C7-3691-4D80-9D3F-BFAF996B1A6C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	247.2 KB ID:	1869711

              Click image for larger version

Name:	A5917AB6-C214-4F42-AF8F-F6E32714D317.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	344.9 KB
ID:	1869721


              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6035.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.19 MB ID:	1869720

              Last edited by Richard Chrz; July 18, 2026, 08:21 PM.

              Comment


              • bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you learn to make a sundae at Sundae School?

              • fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Those beans really sound good. Nice work with the tenderloin.

                K.

              • bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                The plate of food looks fantastic.

            Announcement

            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            0
            Guest
            Guest
            500
            ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
            7