Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Not sure this is cooking but it’s definitely throwing something together!!!!!! Loaded fries!! Chopped red chile, cheese and leftover strip steak. These were good! Ahhaha

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1126.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	5.42 MB
ID:	1875579

    Comment


    • Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I just did a quesadilla. Didn't have any fries.

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes k.i.s.s is enough..
      Looks good!

    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Id take a plate of that!

    Saturday dinner. Rockfish fillet on the Weber Searwood with Sweet Corn Salad and Marinated Cucumbers...really good summertime dinner...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1066.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	1,006.2 KB
ID:	1875600
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1072.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	1875601

    Comment


    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks very good indeed! Never tasted rockfish..

    Prime Angus Dino Ribs

    This was a slab that was given to me by a friend who got it from Walmart when they were throwing out meat that was at the sell by date. The meat manager sometimes gives it to his friends instead of throwing it away. I cooked the slab on the Cypress Grill kamado at 250o and I mixed some hickory and mesquite in with the lump charcoal. The kamado spiked at 300o briefly early on in the cook but then rocked steady at 250o the entire time.

    Beautiful, the fat cap was about 1/4" so I didn't trim anything.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	dino8-8-26-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.54 MB ID:	1875628
    Click image for larger version  Name:	dino8-8-26-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	1875629

    Salt Lick rub

    Click image for larger version  Name:	dino8-8-26-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.82 MB ID:	1875631

    After 2 1/2 hours

    Click image for larger version  Name:	dino8-8-26-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.27 MB ID:	1875630

    Final product, pulled at 205o - the cook took almost 8 hours.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	dino8-8-26-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.73 MB ID:	1875632
    They are now wrapped in heavy towels and I'll try them tomorrow.

    Comment


    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are gonna be tasty.

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!!

    Let's Hatch.

    Roasted the last four pounds of hot Hatch chiles I picked up Thursday night and decided to put them on some grilled chicken tacos.

    Here's the grilled chicken, grilled hot and fast over pecan....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2454.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	1875638

    Tacos are HEB flour tortillas (of course), chicken, lots of Hatch, some cheese and (gasp) cilantro.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2456.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	1875636

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2455.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	1875637

    Normally I put crema and hot sauce on these tacos, but I wanted the flavor of the chiles to shine though as much as possible and they did. So good.

    Comment


    • Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Show off.

    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      TACOS!!!!!!!!!

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Caramba!!

    Leftover ribeye and cheese for an AF quesadila. Sour cream to dip.

    Guy on the screen is NOT eating my dish.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260808_221357.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1875642

    Comment


    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      But he’s looking at the dish…..

    I did the beef and broccoli again. I did not do the “velvet” step because this was from the other small chuckie that was SV. I marinated for about an hour and followed through the recipe. It came out pretty good!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0456.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	1875648

    Comment


    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good!

    • Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that a Kenji recipe?

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Sid P it is… straight outta The Wok

    Follow up to my Dino rib post:

    Here they are after cutting. I took a few bites out of the middle one while I was making morning coffee. Damn! These are so good and they are so tender that you almost can't tell that you are taking a bite.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	dino8-8-26-6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.21 MB ID:	1875696

    Comment


    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!!

    We had some of the kids over on Friday to celebrate my 61st birthday - it's actually on the 11th, but a weeknight just doesn't work well. What do you do when you are celebrating your own birthday and are a member of the Pitmaster Club? Why, YOU cook for everyone else of course!

    So, PBX cook #4 is now in the books. 2 racks of SLS spares, and 2 racks of baby backs, as they did not have excess loin meat - these all came from Fresh Market. Salted a few hours in advance, cut in half to hook, and seasoned with Meathead's knockoff of the Rendezvous dry rub, from the free side.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6360.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	1875712

    The PBX once again did not disappoint, and cranked out these ribs in about 2.5 hours of hanging time, plus about 35 minutes of startup. I rotated the ribs a couple of times, at 1 hour intervals.

    It was a rainy day, and I grabbed an old patio umbrella setup out of the backyard shed, to keep rain off the PBX. The Performer was once again called to duty as a work table and charcoal starter.... this is my messy end of the house where the trashcans and other junk live, along with the grills that I don't have room for out by the pool. All the covers are heaped up on top of the Genesis...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6357.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	6.77 MB
ID:	1875715

    Ok, so the ribs made it in, hooks removed, and ready to cut and serve....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6362.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	1875709

    Oh - took another shot to show off the strawberry daquiries I had running in the new Ninja Slushy machine for the lady folks. Ok ok I tried some too!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6363.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	4.96 MB
ID:	1875713

    And finally, got some sliced and ready to serve....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6364.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	5.40 MB
ID:	1875714

    And my plate, on one of PJ's finest china offerings.... I made Mac n Cheese and Baked beans - recipes intended for the smoker, at 225 for 2-3 hours, but which I instead made in the oven for 1 hour at 350. Yvonne contributed corn on the Cobb AND a homemade cake to the festivities....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6365.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	1875711

    And we ended the evening with my favorite German Chocolate cake, and home made vanilla ice cream... I got a little assistance with the candles!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0398.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	1875710

    Alright, that is all I got. Yall have a GREAT and BLESSED Sunday!

    Jim

    Comment


    • wrgilb
      wrgilb commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Birthday, it's fun cooking for your own birthday.

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Birthday!

      K.

    • surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Birthday!

    Our son dropped off some jalapenos the other day and I couldn't let them go to waste

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260809_125246.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	1875763

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260809_130027.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	1875764

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260809_124935(1).jpg
Views:	161
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	1875765

    Comment


    • Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      YUM!

    • jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the classic Genesis! That is the big brother to my old Silver A…

    Well….this is something I don’t know if I’ve actually seen discussed here - perhaps it has been, it’s on the YT so, others have enjoyed this goodness prior to me.

    but this was outstanding!!!!! I’ve been thinking about a few different types of chicken smash burgers and this is it! This will be in the rotation for yumminess on the griddle!

    I give you Chicken Parm Smash Burgers! And what better than garlic parm fries as a side! 😎

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1128.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	5.20 MB
ID:	1875852

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1131.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	1875851

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1132.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	1875850

    Comment


    • Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool. I've done ground chicken meatballs, but they tend to collapse under their own weight....collapsing is clearly not a problem with burgers.

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      #beastmode

    • TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      I call that a hot mess. One of my favorite dishes. Yum.

    Sunday dinner...Flanken Beef Ribs with Buc-ee's Brisket Rub...

    I have used Buc-ee's Brisket and Steak rubs and have not been disappointed...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	770006026_18450972817142138_8746058721476756278_n.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	729.0 KB
ID:	1875854
    Click image for larger version

Name:	772102607_18450972808142138_266058520424847428_n.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	751.3 KB
ID:	1875855

    Comment


    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful color... 👍👍👍👍👍

    • BKYDBBQ
      BKYDBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Ace Thanks...

    • TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Great color, love the camera.

    I’ve gotta start eating more seafood, I love it and I don’t know why I don’t cook it more often. 🤷‍♂️ Need to change that. Pan seared sea scallops served with warm butter and some cold boiled shrimp with a homemade cocktail sauce……Fries courtesy of Checkers. 🥸

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6591.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	1875861

    Comment


    • Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Nailed the doneness on the those scallops!

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Checkers is to y’all as what Rally’s is to this side of the Rockies, as it were. Like Hardee’s/carls Jr.

      Anyhoo…. I am also remiss is consuming scallops. Love them, just don’t prepare enough.

    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      The bags of fries actually says Checkers Rally’s.

    Let's Hatch (again).

    Tonight I made kolache boats. Never heard of them? Well, let me show you how it is done.

    Whip up your favorite kolache dough (I use what is or at least is a close approximation to what Shipleys' uses) and let it do the rise thing and the cut it up into equal size pieces.

    Assemble the kolaches.....I used HEB Texas Heritage all-beef hot dogs, some of my roasted Hatch chiles, and a slice of cheddar cheese.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2457.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	1875883

    Roll them up and brush with melted butter....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2458.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	1875884

    For me 22 minutes at 350 F is perfect and here you go....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2459.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	1875882

    Kolache boats!

    Okay, I can't fool yall. I have no idea what happened here. I did the same recipe I did back in the spring (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...10#post1839710). I don't think I changed anything with the rise times or anything.

    But for whatever reason, my crimping just didn't hold....on any of them! Weird!

    They....they do look kinda cute.....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2460.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	1875881

    If these go viral, you saw it first here!

    The hatch chile is very nice and I definitely prefer sharp cheddar over American cheese, but it is going to drive me crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong. I thought I did a good job of crimping them. Clearly not!

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Egg wash or a bit of water to “seal” the edges together?

    • RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Try placing the seam on the bottom. The weight of the dog will help hold the seam shut. Is there a lot of oil or butter in the dough? That will make it difficult for the seam to seal, and if the seam looks like it could open, it probably will.

      Nothin' wrong with that dog - I'd eat it. There's a place near me called Brecotea that makes hot dogs your way, and they are good.

    • Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB That may have been part of my downfall....I did take care to get the dog and the peppers to be as dry as reasonably possible, but I overdid the melted button before putting them in the oven. Not having the seam on the bottom like you said and the excess moisture probably undid the seam.

    Picked up a bottle of Meat Church Deez Nuts rub a while back. I thought it might work well on salmon or halibut. But I tasted it raw and wasn’t too sure I liked it. So here we are several months later with a fresh sockeye salmon filet and I held my nose and decided to give it a go.

    Great idea, although it looks as if I let it get away from me it was perfect. This fish should be just past medium. The char had a nice sweet flavor. I would definitely do this again. The corn on the other hand, yep a bit over. But the Post and Beam Cab made me feel better about myself.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4364.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	5.11 MB
ID:	1875961

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4365.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	4.77 MB
ID:	1875962

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4366.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	5.53 MB
ID:	1875963

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4367.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	1875964

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4370.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	4.74 MB
ID:	1875965

    Comment


    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Fresh sockeye! Now I’m really envious.

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Sallwine a good cab will do that!

    So many great cooks in here!

    Comment

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7