Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    For my July 4th cook I did a boudin stuffed pork chop and made some fresh from scratch homemade Mac n cheese. Not trying to brag or nuttin, but my homemade Mac n cheese was pretty darn good!

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6478.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.99 MB ID:	1865574

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6482.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.12 MB ID:	1865577

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6484.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.01 MB ID:	1865576

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6477.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	1865575

    Comment


    • 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      How was the pork chop?

    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty good David, I give it a B+.

    • Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Boudin and porkchop....I need to file that away for later. I've kinda shied away from a lot of the Meal Simple stuff at HEB as they have gotten so expensive ($9 now for the stuffed salmon and brocolli), but a lot of their side dishes aren't that pricy and for the savings in time and effort for something I probably wouldn't make myself are worth it.

    Air Fryer Saturday. Last day of oppressive conditions and we're off to.Cape Cod for a week. My last cook, if you could call it that. Air fried a sweet potato. Then a bone in pork chop. I'll get some pictures of our trip. My daughter is there today. She says the house and property are beautiful. It better be for the price.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260704_191915.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1865588

    Comment


      Shrimp and calamari gumbo. Special appetizer treat were the first harvest of shishito peppers from the garden, charred with a bit of maldon salt.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260704_234916412.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	1865596
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260705_011356753.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	1865597

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Make a batch of fresh French fries and toss with roasted shishitos. 🀯🀯🀯🀯🀯

      • Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        That gumbo!!! πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

      Pulled pork and slaw for 250th fireworks extravaganza at the lake! Was great times with family and friends!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0893.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	1865603

      Comment


      • Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        That is quite a pretty plating.

      • jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Great job, and love the presentation! I picked up a pack of those festive paper boats at Hobby Lobby myself, and we used them on the 3rd with the family.

      Had slop for lunch. I should have taken a pic in the skillet before I plated it as it looked prettier there. I pulled a Hot Italian sausage chub from the freezer when I thought the wife wasn’t coming to the camper for the long weekend. She says she doesn’t like sausage, but loves any brat, Polish, kielbasa, or hot dog you give her, but anyway more for me on this one. Sprinkled some rub on the sausage and smoked it on the Duro pooper. SautΓ©d some zucchini noodles in olive oil, Italian seasoning and canned parm, then poured in some Rao’s Arrabbiata I’ve been wanting to try, a few slices from the smoked fatty, a little more sauce and topped with the last of my shredded mozzarella. It looked like a sad lunchroom slop, but was quite alright.

      Not pictured, the T-bones air fried hash brown patties and bagged salad we had for dinner. So, double grilled meals for the fourth.

      Oh wait…as I was attaching the slop pic, realized I snapped a pic of wife’s T-bone because of the amount of garlic butter she used when I told her to put some on when hers was done 2 mins before mine. She also, like sausage, doesn’t think she likes steak DeBurgo…which if you’ve ever been close to Des Moines and ordered you’ll get. I snapped the pic to send to daughter because last week the wife cooked them steaks on the foreman grill (that turned out great by the pics after 32 years of attempted training) and the daughter asked where the garlic butter was . I think I may have spoiled my daughter.

      Even funnier on the daughter point…she’s home and spent the day with the boyfriend and his fam. Parents are native German, but have recently been trying to adopt more American traditions, so they wanted to bbq today and later went to our house to watch the local fireworks. (Fireworks, graduation parties, etc. are all foreign to them). Sadly the super expensive Kamado Joe they bought was having issues and their old grill was filled with wasps (btw, I have offered thru boyfriend to help them with anything bbq they need). So, they cooked steaks in pans inside. Which in itself is not a crime, I’ll cook and eat a steak 100 different ways, each can be good in its own rite. But, her boyfriend was trying to get her to say the steaks turned out as good as I cook. Instead she schooled them that medium rare isn’t actually blue/purple πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ. I adore this young woman.

      Hopefully final edit. Steak DeBurgo is often credited to Des Moines. It’s essentially filet mignon swimming in garlic butter. The south side of Des Moines was very strongly Italian populated/influenced. The dish grew out of that culture to rise the tender, but less flavorful steak to the top of the menu. There’s two variations around town, those that use strictly butter and/or olive oil and those that incorporate heavy cream. I prefer those without cream myself. When I want a steak I don’t want to cook myself, a place that makes DeBurgo is where I’m asking to go.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6095.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	1865609

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6096.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	1865610

      Last edited by glitchy; July 4, 2026, 11:50 PM.

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy family? #winning

      • glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        SheilaAnn we laugh at each other every day. I do my fair share of dumb shit too, but I told my wife on day two back up here I missed my blond and she laughed. Wouldn’t trade her for the world, but she knows there’s SMH moments.

      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        glitchy you know I also pull the β€œtwirling blonde hair” thing. It’s sincere (granted, I pay for the blonde hair now….) 🀣🀣🀣🀣

      Cross-Post...

      One of my parents best friends passed away last month and his family always hosts a 4th of July party every year so this year they decided to have a Celebration of Life memorial service as part of the annual 4th of July party. So I fixed Pork Belly Burnt Ends. The whole belly was about 12.5 lbs most of it was turned into burnt ends the rest I cut into strips and smoked. Did not get a final picture of the strips. The burnt ends were a big hit and there were none left at the end of the evening.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	735552980_18444638581142138_253034891128596119_n.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1865669
      Click image for larger version

Name:	731736071_18444638593142138_9159558655962344150_n.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1865670
      Click image for larger version

Name:	736349357_18444638605142138_4427210844110601752_n.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	1865671

      Comment


      • Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Frogmats.

      • Sid P
        Sid P commented
        Editing a comment
        Those full pans of PBBEs are beautiful. One of my very favorite barbecue bites.

      Cross-post as well….. we were pretty happy with this meal!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0390.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	1865699

      For those of you celebrating the 250th birthday of the United States on Saturday, I am curious what your menu looks like. I've talked to one daughter and my wife, and both are kind of pushing me towards just a simple hamburgers and hotdogs type cook. I had thought of more ribs on the PBX, but everyone had those on Father's Day

      Comment


        @cruiseplanner1​I going to try an 8 hour hold time the next time I do one and compare my notes from this 12 hour one.

        Comment


          Simple and satisfying.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9242.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	1865711

          Comment


          • cruiseplanner1
            cruiseplanner1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes simple is the best. Wife and I are as good with a nice burger as a steak most days. Those look great

          • JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            cruiseplanner1 I agree. Tough to beat a good burger.

          Fried yard bird, boiled corn, biscuits with butter and molasses.



          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260705_133224.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	1865724

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260705_133227.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	1865725

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260705_133232.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	1865726

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260705_134450.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	1865727

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260705_134458.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	1865728

          Comment


          • cruiseplanner1
            cruiseplanner1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn that's a nice looking dinner. And those biscuits.........I sure wish I knew how to make them. Or maybe not, if I did with butter and honey I may not be able to walk in a month!

          • SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            #jealous of those biscuits

            I’m doing fried chicken as well later. I made that hot honey butter from the June Team Cook using TD hot sauce this round.

            I thought the YouTube was the recipe. Now that song is stuck in my head! 🀣πŸ€ͺ

          • texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            cruiseplanner1 thats lunch. Supper is Texas Dall ragu and pasta with a salad.

            SheilaAnn catchy ain't it?

          Just pulled these three yardbirds out of the stickburner a bit ago. Oh goodness they are so tasty and juicy. Don't let the looks fool you. Replaced them with a Picanha roast that I am reverse searing/smoking up then on to the hot gas grill to finish for supper. Been doing a lot on the ol' stick burner lately. Going to have some good eats in the UP and this winter. I ate one of the wings off a bird and it was so damn good.​

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Yardbirds.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	597.3 KB
ID:	1865733

          Comment


          • texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            And that freezes well for chicken salad, chi ken spaghetti, chicken broccoli rice cheese and jalapeo casserole, or assembled a gravy sauce over grits!

          • cruiseplanner1
            cruiseplanner1 commented
            Editing a comment
            texastweeter a bit of that will be going with me next week trout fishing. Brother will pick up some nice warm flour tortillas to take up and some of that chicken on a nice tortilla with a line of mustard down it.....

          Finally got around to making Meathead's Maple Bacon. Came out great, the ends were like little maple candy bites.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	MB_1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	5.25 MB
ID:	1865738

          Click image for larger version

Name:	MB_2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	4.18 MB
ID:	1865739

          Click image for larger version

Name:	MB_3.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	1865740

          Comment


          • SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ₯“πŸ’—

          Well the Picanha came off the stickburner at 118 and I seared it on the gasser to 127 as we like it rare. I am getting better at searing it but not like most of you on here. So I am eating one big slice of the Picanha and a white meat side of one of those yardbirds earlier. Great combo Click image for larger version

Name:	Sear 2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	484.9 KB
ID:	1865756 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sear 1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	533.1 KB
ID:	1865757

          Comment


          • Oak Smoke
            Oak Smoke commented
            Editing a comment
            I’d eat that!

          I changed my mind. Couldn't do the 4th without ribs. Meat church texas sugar, salt and pepper. Blues Hog Championship Blend on one rack, blues hog tn red on the other. Fries and texas toast. Not pictured, mixed veg. I wanted baked beans, but i didn't get around to making them.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260704_140719.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1865777 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260704_172620.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	1865778 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260704_182600.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	1865779

          Comment


          • theroc
            theroc commented
            Editing a comment
            Brilliant ribs!

          • klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            barelfly I use blues hog pretty much exclusively these days

          • cruiseplanner1
            cruiseplanner1 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's one good looking tray right there

          Ribs and America Cake

          Set a personal best time for not lifting the lid to look. 1 hour 53 minutes. Had the timer set for 2 hours but I couldn’t make it 🏁

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9822.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	1865814

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5774.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	4.60 MB
ID:	1865815

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5777.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	5.38 MB
ID:	1865816

          Comment

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7