Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Caught a batch of halibut on Saturday. So off to the grill! Grilled Butt with a nagoon berry, cilantro, and hazelnut sauce. Really good, but next go-round I think I’ll sub pecans.
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, would love to be able to catch and cook halibut like this!

    • Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I could casually say that. I will be up there in a month for a float trip and I can not wait!

    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Grill it for the halibut
      Sorry, couldn't help myself.
      Looks really good, as in I would not turn that down.

    Sunday evening tri-tip cook. Dusted with HC Carnivore Black, sous vide 133° for 2 hours, then developed some crust in a hot CI skillet. Rested in Kerry Gold butter pats.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260726_211442.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	1872131 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260726_211254.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	1872133 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260726_211119.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	1872132 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260726_182009.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	1872134 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260726_183136.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	1872135 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260726_183142.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	1872136
    ​​​​​​​

    Comment


    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Edge to edge perfection!

    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Pic 1 & 2 for the WIN !!!
      Perfection I tell you.

    • Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude…

    The whole 'pictures don't do it justice' thing here.... these were the best turkey burgers I've ever made. Griddled on the flat top, with Traeger's Blackened Saskatchewan Rub (pepper and garlic-heavy, great stuff), melted fresh mozz (medallions just placed on the griddle until melty), and butter-sauteed onions. Served on well-buttered toast. A little dab of mayo, but it wasn't needed.

    Some of the onions had char which adds taste of course, but most were still soft and buttery and very sweet. The burgers do not look juicy here but juice was nearly running down my arm. The thick medallions of fresh mozz add almost a chewy texture to the cheese (oh baby!)

    Slap yo momma good!

    Click image for larger version  Name:	20260725_174929.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.19 MB ID:	1872227
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20260725_174952.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	1872228

    Comment


    • klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look fantastic. My mom made turkey burgers that were great. Whenever I asked how she kept them so moist, she told me I had to come to her house to get some lol

    • Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers I bet hers were great, moms are always great with stuff like that. My only secret here was cooking them smashburger style, thin patty (hand-pattied though, turkey would be tough to actually smash and not have it stick to the moon and back) medium-hot & fast and not too long. I don't do any mix-ins or parlor tricks with turkey.

    Wibs! SLCs on the Good One Marshall. First time in this cooker. They came out excellent. Dry brined over night, Memphis Dust, lump charcoal and hickory chunks. Sauced at the end with my Rum Molasses sauce and left in the smoker for 20 minutes to set it.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260727_174815983.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	1872286 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260727_175248209.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	5.16 MB
ID:	1872287 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260728_001426814.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	1872290
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Mighty fine looking rack.

    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Did the job. Luv SLC's

    When we got back home from vacation, the youngest wanted some salsa for chips, so she made up a big bowl of our neighbors' bean/corn salsa recipe. Way more than we could all eat, of course.

    So, not wanting anything to go to waste, I suggested using the leftovers for sirloin steak tacos, with some guac, cheese, and siracha sauce on a tortilla.

    Thawed out and pan-fried the steak with some pepper and salt. Nice looking sirloin, I thought!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image3.jpg Views:	4 Size:	6.09 MB ID:	1872463

    One side seared, the house smelled great, and I was ready to just eat it right out of the pan. But I didn't!

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image2.jpg Views:	4 Size:	6.17 MB ID:	1872464

    Took it up a little higher than I usually do, since the "kids" have pink steak issues. Normally, I'd shoot for medium rare, but I hit a decent medium/medium well, with it. Rested it for a few minutes, sliced it up, it was nice and juicy.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image1.jpg Views:	4 Size:	3.26 MB ID:	1872465

    And finally, sliced thin, and layered into the tortilla with the other stuff. I always have problems overloading these things. But it sure was good. The siracha was perfect for this:

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image0.jpg Views:	4 Size:	5.48 MB ID:	1872466

    Comment


    Monday I tried a version of a recipe SNS Grills suggested. Pork shoulder burnt ends. We had the grandchildren at our house from Sunday to Tuesday, so I made about 2/3s of a shoulder into pulled pork on Sunday. No pictures, you all know what pulled pork looks like. The grandkids like grampa's pulled pork, so that was a slam dunk. Monday was a bit more adventurous, cooking two things they had never eated before. 15, 13 and 9, you never know. Cut the shoulder into 1 1/2 inch cubes, more or less, and let them brine overnight with kosher salt, MMD and Worcestershire sauce. They went into the Blaz'n at 260 for about three hours. I left them alone until they hit 200 to 205 degrees. Then they went into a covered pan with a drizzle of honey and a little beef broth for another hour or hour and a half. They stayed at about 170 to 180 during that time.

    To go along with the burnt ends I made an old favorite of my wife and I, going back to our scout days. Our son grew up eating this, but while he does make pan fried potatoes he has never made this for his kids. Potatoes and carrots wrapped in aluminum foil with salt, pepper and lots of butter. We have a double oven and I should have used the bigger oven, they got a little to much direct heat and the carrots got a little overdone. The potatoes getting crispy isn't a problem for us, those are our favorites.

    The kids said the meat was good. They tried to decide what it tasted like, and decided the closest in their experience was ribs. Which they love. The potatoes and carrots got an "ok" with the biggest complaint was the carrots being overdone. But they ate them and even went back to the meat for seconds.

    Personally, I loved the pork this way. Cooks up fast being cut up, and I'll do this again, probably with the whole shoulder.

    ​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	163
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	1872482​

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	208
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	1872480​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	166
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1872481​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	161
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	1872483​

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Ain’t mad at that!

    • Sallwine
      Sallwine commented
      Editing a comment
      I like that! May have to try it myself.

    • Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      I got an email from SNS about that recipe last week, and I’m definitely going to try it. Yours looks great!

    Reprise sous vide pork chops. Seared in CI skillet with pan sauce. Served with summer vegetable farro with tomatoes and jalapenos from the garden.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260728_015727336.MP.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	1872522
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260728_020621003.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	1872523

    Comment


      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7037.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	6.21 MB
ID:	1872609 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7035.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	1872606 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7032.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	6.69 MB
ID:	1872610 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7033.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	1872605 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7034.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	5.24 MB
ID:	1872608 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7038.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	4.63 MB
ID:	1872607 It was meatloaf night as requested by the wifey. I used Meathead’s recipe from the latest book. The only change was that I left out the dried tomatoes.

      I cooked it on the Recteq. 30 min on low/hi smoke. Then 275 until done. About 90 min more. Maybe a little less. Sauced with Bob’s Bitchin BBQ Original.
      sides were the easy way out. (Microwave)

      It turned out terrific. The wifey paid me the ultimate compliment. She said it was better than hers! 😳

      Comment


      • dpearce
        dpearce commented
        Editing a comment
        I do smoked meatloaf on the PBC all the time. Thanks for reminding me, it's been awhile since I cooked it. I'll definitely try this recipe out!

      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        I cannot like this enough, I love it!

      • surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks good.
        I do need to try that one of these days.

      Chicken wings and jalapeño poppers, dry brined with Lanes Sweet Lemon Pepper and Original Rub on the Kettle and Vortex over Cowboy
      Briquets to celebrate National Chicken Wings Day, 2026.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	20260729_180832.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.24 MB ID:	1872629
      Last edited by Purc; July 29, 2026, 06:43 PM.

      Comment


      • RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks fantastic. Love wings with the vortex. Unfortunately but not significantly, rain yesterday and today. I suspect at least 4 inches. We're in a moderate drought with a water ban. Not as much but more to come. Sorry for the diversion on the post.

      • Purc
        Purc commented
        Editing a comment
        RichieB what is this word "rain" you speak of ? We in DFW are just curious.

      • surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        Soooo, you didn’t make enough to share. I get it. LOL

      TACOS!!!!! Of the grilled crustacean variety

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1077.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	4.27 MB
ID:	1872633

      Comment


        Reverse-seared rack of lamb on the gasser. Served with greens and beans.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260730_015316545.MP.jpg Views:	44 Size:	4.03 MB ID:	1872652
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260730_020232249.jpg Views:	43 Size:	2.80 MB ID:	1872653
        Last edited by theroc; July 30, 2026, 12:34 PM.

        Comment


        • Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes please! Textbook cook!!

        BBQ chicken thighs on the PKGO. Seasoned with Meat Church Deez Nuts. B&B charcoal and a chunk of apple wood. Served with mashed potatoes and gravy, baby Lima beans and corn on the cob.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3128.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.42 MB ID:	1872656

        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3132.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.21 MB ID:	1872657

        Comment


        • Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Small grill, quality meal. Looking good! Very tasty!

        • jayjordan
          jayjordan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I like this little grill. Taking it camping mid-August.

        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Meat + 3 for the win!!!

        Double butts on my Tailgater

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1288.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	1872682

        Comment


        • barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          YES!!!!!!

        • bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Double butts, right and left cheeks for the win.
          Love me pulled pork, so versatile, so many meals.

        • MoreWood
          MoreWood commented
          Editing a comment
          jayjordan you will surely make some new camping friends when you fire that up!

        Thanks, I got the grill from Traeger as a replacement for the troubled Ranger line in 2018. It traveled the country with us for years in our motorhome. The only thing I changed on it was replacing the original controler with an Ortech and it has worked very well for us.

        Comment


          Chicken half on the Traeger. Garlic salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and finished with a sauce blend I make. Full disclosure, torched to enhance the appearance. Served along side creamed corn and with jalapeño’s chopped and mixed in. Turned out well.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4339.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	5.41 MB
ID:	1872719

          Comment


          • Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang, torch EVERYTHING!!

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7