Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Caprese with tomatoes and basil from the garden. Then reverse seared tri-tip on the SnS kettle.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260814_002248165.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	1877054
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260813_024204795.MP.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	3.86 MB
ID:	1877055
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260813_025010344.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	1877056

    Comment


    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn - yes, have done the diced caprese before, especially when we only have fresh cherry tomatoes. Haven't used it as a steak topper, though. Will give that a try.

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      A thing of beauty, each one.

      Kathryn

    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I want this, and I want that plate in the caprese photo!

    Some Chicken Kabobs on the Weber Kettle. Had to get creative with the charcoal baskets, but I found that the height f the chicken was too far from the coals. Next time I’ll start them on the grill to sear and then move to the higher height to let them cook through.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3956.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	1877060

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3960.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	1877061

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3961.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	1877062

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3958.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	1877063

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Good looking char in the end! You’ll find that sweet spot.

    • Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Just add a bag of charcoal on top of existing charcoal.

    I had a few extra random pieces of sablefish. Too small for a composed dish. I decided to channel my inner Ernest and do his crab cakes, subbing out the sablefish. Reading his recipe and the manner in which he wrote makes me miss him that much more. Sablefish cakes as a sandwich.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0472.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	1877069

    Comment


    • Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Get in my belly.

    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      Good cook... Good Pic. 😎

    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my.

    Not exactly cooking but whatever. I’ll blame summer heat. I was craving some version of a sandwich like this so I went to the store and got the ingredients to take care of that craving.

    It’s a nice crusty ciabatta roll, with some burrata mozzarella, prosciutto di Parma, fresh figs, and some dressed arugula. It was messy to eat which somehow made it all the better.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3103.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	3.47 MB
ID:	1877093

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3105.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	1877094

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3107.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	1877095

    Comment


    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Double damn!

    I had leftover lamb from when I made my Gyros. I roasted the lamb (~1.5 lbs) and made some beef broth. I cubed the cooled lamb to make Irish Stew. One of my favorite dishes.....and all for me. Wife is not big on lamb. A hearty meal

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1000004570.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	1877147

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1000004592.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	1877148

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1000004593.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1877149

    Comment


    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Lucky you.

    Picture was an after thought. I wanted to drop the recipe. Honey Garlic Pork Tenderloin, 1#. This is a pan sear on stove and in the oven. It is delicious and simple. If you like this cut, check it out. I got a package of 2 1# cuts, $9. I ate half of one. So dinner was $2.50 plus the cost of a sweet potato. Picture of the remnants and the recipe.
    ​
    Pork Tenderloin seared until golden then oven baked in an incredible Honey Garlic Sauce until sticky on the outside and succulent on the inside! Quick, easy pork fillet recipe everyone will love.

    Comment


    • Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't eat near enough tenderloins of the porcine variety. Thanks for the recipe.

    Tomorrow we’re taking my first born to the University of Illinois to move in and start her new chapter . She requested dinner at a steakhouse for her last meal. To which I said no because I know a thing or two about steak.

    So I bought a prime NY strip loin roast at Costco and cut up my own steaks. I reversed seared them on my SNS kettle and they were amazing.

    I positioned the steaks in a goal post as a shout out to U of I football. Fun fact, the Bears’ colors are an homage U of I because that’s where founder George Hallas went to college.

    The steaks, unlike the Bears’ stadium press conferences were relevant and fantastic.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9638.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	1877226

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9636.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	1877227

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9637.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	4.40 MB
ID:	1877228

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9635.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	1877229

    Last edited by radiodome21; August 14, 2026, 09:07 PM.

    Comment


    • randy.56
      randy.56 commented
      Editing a comment
      Steaks look great, you eat well, congratulations on the Daughter going to collage. University of Illinois very well known, as a great one. As well as one one the biggest.

    • Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking steaks, and your reference to the Bears made me chuckle. I think they should just leave already, since most of us watch them on TV.

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      “The steaks, unlike the Bears’ stadium press conferences were relevant and fantastic”

      🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    I've always had trouble smoking beef. But I smoked two "triskets" today and they turned out really good.

    Both dry brined in Meat Church Blanco overnight. Then rubbed one with Meat Mitch Steer Seasoning and the other with Heath Riles Garlic Jalapeño.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260814_183516.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	1877242

    Comment


    • Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Juiciness personified.

    Winner winner pizza dinner! I think I am finally nailing the weber pizza oven hack. Parsley-cheese sausage, cremini mushrooms and some of those smoked onions. Yum!

    crust turned out really nice with a slight crunch. Yay!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0476.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	1877254



    Last edited by SheilaAnn; August 14, 2026, 10:08 PM. Reason: Thought it would be cool to add the picture

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      I just had the last piece as a snack…. Dang those smoked onions stole the show!

    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful pie!

    • surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah, I would absolutely destroy that! :-)

    At the lake house for the weekend, and while working today, thought why not cook up some pork belly burnt ends on the wonder kettle while finishing up the day of work and calls! Dang these were outstanding!!!!! Rubbed with some stashed away Oak Ridge BBQ dominator rub and pepper to start, then tossed in Blues Hog Original BBQ Sauce. it was just perfect bites of pork candy! Also made a flank steak rubbed with Oak Ridge Carne Crosta, which was a great balance of flavors. Served with Cole slaw and Bush’s Beautiful Baked Beans not pictured. there a little left over that will be made into something over the weekend!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1140.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	6.09 MB
ID:	1877274

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1143.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	1877273

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1144.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	6.81 MB
ID:	1877275

    Comment


    • HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

      I'm putting leftover sliced PBBE"s in my breakfast omelet's.

    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great Jeremy! 👍

    • Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love flank steak. Beautiful cook.

    I bought a very nice Porterhouse steak at my local butchers yesterday. They dry age their meat in big cooler rooms, and pay a lot of attention to quality. Which shows in price…Anyhow, figured I’d treat myself to this hunk of meat.

    Gonna do a classic smoke then sear on my PK300. Will report back, dry brining right now.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6326.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	4.72 MB
ID:	1877319

    Comment


    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s an impressive steak!

    Got the PK 300 fired up, and an oak wood chunk in there for smoke flavor. Popped open a beer. Good times.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6336.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	5.56 MB
ID:	1877354

    Comment


    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Tell me you shared that lovely hunk o' meat. Either way, good eats ahead.

      Kathryn

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5277.jpg Views:	3 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	1877369

    🐷 Pork belly burnt ends for a neighborhood get together. 🐷

    Meat Church Gospel for the rub. Kosmos peach habanero bbq sauce and a local Turtle Creek, Peach Jalapenño jam for the glaze.
    Last edited by HawkerXP; August 15, 2026, 11:17 AM.

    Comment


      Porterhouse steak done. Turned out pretty amazing! And yes, I shared it with my wife of course. VERY good beef flavor. Will do it again for sure. Served with Tzatziki, fried sweet potatoes and a salad.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6341.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	1877389

      Comment


      • klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful

      My current go to Ramen. Pork powder, light dusting of Tony's, Tabasco Chipotle coating on egg until runneth over. Saltine crackers to boot.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260815_125247.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	1877398 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260815_125721.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	1877399

      Comment

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7