Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dinner at daughter's house. Her husband can cook.
    I get schooled with pleasure.
    Meal was tailored to low carb, and A1c happy.


    pork chops marinade Italian Dressing
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	1867853

    On a Gasser
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3025.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,023.9 KB ID:	1867855

    Veggie medley
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3027.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	1867856

    Plated with mixed green salad and shrimp
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3028.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	1867854


    After dinner sprits
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3021.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.73 MB ID:	1867852

    Comment


    • klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Henny!

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those veggies look great

    ​
    Chicken dry brined with Lane's Garlic rub and Lemon Pepper rub, on the Weber Kettle, SnS, chunk of apple wood for smoke on the rotisserie. Seasoned baby golden potatoes and onions under the spinning chicken. All served with Apple Pie Baked Beans. A great meal. Highly recommend the Baked Beans. I will make this again. Apple Pie Baked Beans at Allrecipes.com

    Click image for larger version  Name:	20260712_114832.jpg Views:	95 Size:	2.87 MB ID:	1867893
    Last edited by Purc; July 13, 2026, 09:01 AM.

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers do it! You will not be disappointed!

    • klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Purc SheilaAnn which one do you have? I have been looking at the onlyfire stainless model.

    • Purc
      Purc commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers I have the Cajun Bandit Stainless Steel ring and rotisserie which are no longer made. I got this because it fits both the 22" Kettle and the 22" WSM. I've seen on YT the Onlyfire brand being used.

    Bought some thin sliced ribeye from Aldi. Pounded them out and marinated in W sauce and a little Red Boat fish sauce. Fired up the Blackstone and griddled some onions then cooked the meat. Layered onions on top with provolone cheese. Topped with banana peppers. Solid Saturday night dinner.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-5037886.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	1867909 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260711_220303.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	1867910 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260711_221744.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	1867911

    Comment


    • texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! A sandwich you gotta cowboy up to devour!

    • Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fellas! It was definitely a delicious and filling dinner for sure.

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      One of my favorite sammy's right there! And yours looks great!

    Pizza day.
    First up is a pan pizza with sausage and mushrooms for Lisa.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260712_191144086.RAW-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.68 MB ID:	1867924
    ​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260712_192827664.RAW-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.72 MB ID:	1867925 ​
    For me, thin crust with sausage and onions. The stretch was one of my better ones, and then I got spooked during the launch and lost some roundness. In my defense, the sun was in my eyes and I couldn't see the back of the oven.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260712_195722387.RAW-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	1867928

    ​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260712_200150930.RAW-01.MP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.42 MB ID:	1867926
    ​
    The crust recipe started out as a pan pizza dough that I have been playing with to make it work for both pan and thin crust. It's still a very pan pizza dough, but it needs some tweaking yet to work for both.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260712_195932579.RAW-01.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	1867927

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking pie!

    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      Nicely done... 😎

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect! Thin crust sausage and mushroom is my favorite combo

    Smoked and seared chops

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6106.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	1867935

    Comment


      Barbecued Bacon-wrapped Bourbon and Brown Sugar Pork Loin. Old recipe I’ve had for years. Essentially, butterfly the pork loin, season it up with your favorite pork rub, sprinkle a little bit of bourbon on the inside, then spread some mustard on the inside, layer some brown sugar over that before closing it up, layering with bacon, a little more mustard and rub on the outside, then tying it, and dropping it on the grill.

      Recipe calls for Dijon mustard, I opted for spicy German mustard. Used killer hogs rub, hickory and apple wood for the smoke, a few hours in the pit barrel and were good!

      butterflied
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6293.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.07 MB ID:	1867953

      sauced up.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6294.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.41 MB ID:	1867954

      tied up and on the smoker

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6296.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.51 MB ID:	1867955

      off the smoker

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6298.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.75 MB ID:	1867956

      finally on the plate. Paired with pan fried broccoli with lemon wedges. The florets needed a bit of pop, so hit them with killer hogs as well

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6299.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.15 MB ID:	1867957

      There’s a sauce with this recipe. Equal parts bourbon, brown sugar, and mustard (spicy German again, not Dijon). Just heat it up, dissolve it all, then use as a baste while cooking, and sauce at the end.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6300.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.29 MB ID:	1867958
      All in all a good cook. Leftovers will be a challenge.
      Last edited by dpearce; July 13, 2026, 06:46 AM.

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        🤤🤤🤤

      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great. Lot of work and nice finish

      Follow up to the brisket I posted above. We held it for several hours and sliced it Saturday afternoon. It was tender and very flavorful, probably one of the best briskets we've cooked on the ranch in Nacogdoches. The brisket was choice grade and had been in the freezer for 3 years. I had very little to do with this brisket cook other than give my friend some advice on using his kamado.

      Today we made some egg rolls with the brisket that were better than the pulled pork egg rolls that we usually make.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	brisket 7-11-2026BGEXL-2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.86 MB ID:	1867966

      Comment


      • Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks awesome!

      • texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I need to come inspect that first

      • Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        texastweeter get in line, you're after me!

      Oldie but goodie. Wings and a couple of drums to be converted to chicken salad. They were all what I call shake and grill. Remember shake and bake, same method. In plastic bag with baking powder. Shake it baby! On a plate in refrigerator for about 3 hours. Then on the Kettle with Vortex. The last 5 minutes, painted the wings with Frank's Hot Garlic and Buffalo Sauce. The drums will be seasoned when the chicken salad is made. I highly recommend the baking powder for this. It makes a crisp skin. Then season as you like. But cook the chicken naked other than the baking powder.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_172143.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1867969 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_180807.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1867970

      Comment


      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I have a bag of wings and will try this.

      Chicken thighs. Experimenting with Kosmos Cajun injection and Kosmos Blackening Cajun Spice. Put them on the 26 Kettle with the Vortex, it ran 425* at grate level. Sorry I did not get a pic on the Kettle. Too many Dales Pale Ales. But I did get a pic of the final product.

      Conclusion, very spicy but a whole lotta flavor. I'd probably do it again, but I need to find a way to balance the spice.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_133948.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	1867972

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_145423.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	1867973

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_172622.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	3.69 MB
ID:	1867974

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_172639.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	3.72 MB
ID:	1867975

      Comment


      • texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean, if I HAD TO, id eat that... lol

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        I can hear that crispy skin from here! Yard bird!!!!!!

      • Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Killer cook in those thighs.

      Smash burgers on the new slate. Today I added a tub on top of the shelf and two slider tubs under.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2377.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	1867977

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2376.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	1867978

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2378.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	1867979

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2379.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	3.86 MB
ID:	1867980

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2380.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	1867981

      Comment


      • Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        The bottom of your griddle must be more insulated than mine. I can't leave anything that might melt on the shelf.

      • texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Good looking salads

      • rmeugene
        rmeugene commented
        Editing a comment
        The lid of the tote got pretty warm but I am making sure there isn’t any sign of actual deformation. If I see ANYTHING, I will remove it.

      Beach trip next week called for some meal prep. Smoked a couple of boneless turkey breasts today and gave Holy Voodoo its first test run. Great color, great flavor, and super juicy. Definitely adding this one to the rotation.
      ​
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1672.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	1867987

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1670.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	1867988

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1671.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	5.31 MB
ID:	1867989

      Comment


      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        LSG!!!!!!!!!!!

      Been a bit since I’ve made my Paella. So with the backyard all finished up and patio cleaned, this was the first cook for that! Smaller paella for just the wife and I, so chicken, shrimp and chorizo in the 3 Nail Ironware Paella Pan. Had fun with the Weber SmartRing for this cook, although next time I’ll drop the grate to the normal height so I can get a better sear on the chicken.

      But enjoyed this paella tonight, makes me want to get the bigger paellera out and cook for a crowd!

      mis en place

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0934.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	4.16 MB
ID:	1868010

      Just about ready…

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0938.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	1868011

      And time to eat!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0939.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	5.91 MB
ID:	1868012

      Comment


      • dpearce
        dpearce commented
        Editing a comment
        Great looking cook, and nice view!

      • theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Stunning.

      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks absolutely delicious.

        K.

      Did some wings in the convection oven sprinkled with some Harley’s Texas All Purpose Seasoning, and then coated em in some Franks Original mixed with butter. This is probably my favorite way to do wings lately. I also did a small pot of a pink bean recipe which is very good, one of my favorites to make! hoovarmin turned me on to it. I’m gonna post the recipe because I think a lot of you might like it. I use chorizo sausage instead of the ham.

      ROSADAS CON ARROZ

      2 tablespoons olive oil

      1/2 cup chopped ham or chorizo

      1/2 cup chopped onion

      1/4 cup chopped green pepper

      2 cloves garlic, minced

      1/4 cup Goya tomato sauce

      1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves

      3/4 cup water

      1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pink beans, undrained

      1 packet Sazon Goya

      Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ham, onions, pepper and garlic and sweat til soft. Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.
      ​
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6499.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.17 MB ID:	1868021

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6500.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.91 MB ID:	1868022

      Comment


      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        You had me at beans.

      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to try it. I like your idea of substituting chorizo for the ham.

        Kathryn

      Burger time! Little hickory for a kiss of smoke. Pepperjack cheese, brioche bun.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	1868055


      Comment


      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes please!

      • Ace
        Ace commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes... 😎

      Needed something green, so how about collards? Cheated with a costco chicken. Got it yesterday, reheated today seasoned with some chicken $hit rub. Sweet potato, beets and some pickled green tomatos. A guy sells them at the chattanooga market - an event in downtown every Sunday in the summer. I am hooked on them. Just needed some cornbread
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_152920.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1868069 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_165542.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	1868070 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260712_171303.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	1868071

      Comment


      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Love this!

      • theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        What a feast.

      • Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Love a big pan of collards! Great looking plate, the whole meal sounds great!

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7