Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ahi tuna is as easy, and almost as fast, as making a PBJ sandwich...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260815_175853.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	1877479

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic!!! Love a good seared ahi.

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! I spray a steak with Canola oil and rub blackened seasoning on it. Little dill dip on the side and the guests love it and think that you did so much and are a great cook.....okay

    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Great crust on that fish! Perfectly done.

    Air Fried salmon. First run with Fireboard Pulse. Perfect for an Air Fryer cook.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260815_185643.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	1877511

    Comment


      Karaage (Japanese fried chicken bites) with a side of Chinese-style stir fried broccoli. I made a spicy mayo dipping sauce with some shichimi togarashi (also homemade) that was great with the chicken.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260815_233804964.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	3.47 MB
ID:	1877516

      Comment


      • Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        That's cool. I prefer breast over thighs. Something else I can do with the chicken I'm picking up tomorrow.

      • Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks so nice!

      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        😍😍😍

      We wanted a light seafood dinner tonight. So made up a big pot of moules (mussels) mariniere.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260816_013750800.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	1877539

      Comment


      • Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that before or after?

      • theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Cooked. Ready to serve.

      • Purc
        Purc commented
        Editing a comment
        I just need this with a glass of buttery Chardonnay and some crusty sourdough.....

      Client of mine loves fishing. I received this hunk of tuna as a gift. I need to know more fishermen!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9588.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	1877571
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9590.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	1877572
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9593.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	5.00 MB
ID:	1877573

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Double dog jealous!!

      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice job on the grillin'. Medium rare just like a good steak. Well done chef

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding!!!!!!

      Joanne and I kinda had the blahs yesterday. Looked in the freezer, chicken, steak, salmon, pizza……blah blah blah. Wait, we have bacon! 😁🙌

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7423.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	1877597

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7424.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	1877598

      Comment


      • Ace
        Ace commented
        Editing a comment
        Bacon... 👍 😎 👍

      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Bacon is an excellent cure for the blahs!

      Couple cooks on the slate. Gyros Friday and Fried Rice last night.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2414.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	1877604

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2415.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	1877605

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2416.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	1877606

      Comment


        Mmmmmm......bacon...from yesterday....
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260815_135918.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	1877624
        Accomplished two things: got rid of some bacon surplus (Aldi Black Forest) and tested the capabilities of the Hasty Bake Legacy. Learning what vent and damper settings to use, etc.. This was on 'Bake' mode, indirect heat, with briquettes, and a small chunk of hickory for fun. So, yeah, double smoked bacon.

        Temps are easier to manage on the HB compared to my kamado style. Highest I got was about 370F with dampers wide open. Took about 35 min. Only other comment....lots of work for something that disappears off the plate in 5 min. That's bacon for you.

        Weather permitting, tomorrow, dry-brined, thick-cut ribeye steaks. I'm deciding on the Kamander or Hasty Bake, as it is a send-off meal for my DS as he heads off for college for the first time and I want to do it right.

        Comment


        • 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          Cook on both and compare

        • HotSun
          HotSun commented
          Editing a comment
          58limited , good idea. I don't know if I have the luxury of time to run both cookers, but I might see what I can do.

        • Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Oven baked!

        Crankin' out some of my personal method pulled pork today!

        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	4.85 MB ID:	1877678​

        Comment


        • Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember you sharing that with me this spring when I was looking for different processes, and it continues to look pretty amazing!
          Last edited by Richard Chrz; August 16, 2026, 06:52 PM.

        Cuban sandwich! Cheese stuck to the foil so made a little bit of a mess when I unwrapped. And these gluten free baguettes are skinny, so makes it a little harder to fit everything on there, but these were outstanding! Spicy mayo elevates this and the Famous Dave sweet and spicy pickle chips!!!!!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1163.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	1877747

        Comment


        • klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          I like a good Cuban. Looks good

        I pulled out s chuck roast to dry brine this week thinking I could SV - live fire sear it only to realize I did not have enough vacuum seal bags to SV. Truly it was a blessing, not that I wanted to run the oven all day, but a roast is such a slow thing, the cook was not only okay with me, i was a bit excited to eat it.

        Perfect reason to make some creamy mashed potatoes and a gravy to serve with it .

        Click image for larger version

Name:	7788BC08-8B0D-45BD-97BC-742B529988A0.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	1877758

        Comment


        • theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, please.

        • Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks absolutely delicious.

        One of my favorite and easiest roasts to make is Mississippi Pot Roast…. H [short for HEB] had a sale on their Prime chuck roasts, it was $1.50 cheaper per pound than their Choice. I snatched one up for $5.99 lb. Sides were fresh green beans and skin on smashed red taters.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6603.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	1877770


        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6608.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	1877771

        In most states it’s a crime to not add bacon and onion to your fresh green beans. Being a law abiding citizen, I complied.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6612.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	1877772

        Ready for the crock pot…..

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6609.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	1877773


        No knife needed!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6613.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	1877774

        Comment


        • glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          PJ, your cooking game has grown exponentially in a few short years, beautiful dinner buddy.

        • fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried the NYT Mississippi Chicken recipe. Never again. It's definitely best done with a nicely marbled chuckie. Did you add some of the pepperoncini brine to your recipe?

          Kathryn

        • Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys! fzxdoc I didn’t have any pepperoncinis on hand, which is what I normally use. I used those Fresno chili peppers instead….didn't care for them, the skin on them is tough, even after an 8 hour cook. I have put some pepperoncini juice in my roast once before, but found I preferred it with no juice, just the peppers. Skinsfan1311 I did use a stick of butter but took the pic before adding it.

        Tri-tip cook from last night. Fresh corn from the local farmer's stand. Baked potato. Baby broccoli was for me. Sous vide the beef at 132° for a few hours after trimming and seasoning with HC Carnivore Black. Seared in a Lodge cast iron skillet with tallow, finished in a big hunk of butter.




        Click image for larger version  Name:	20260815_210458.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	1877812 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260815_200411.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.24 MB ID:	1877813 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260815_205454.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	1877814 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260815_193225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.29 MB ID:	1877815 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260815_171726.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.39 MB ID:	1877816 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260815_165827.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	1877817 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260815_172603.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.77 MB ID:	1877818 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260815_174329.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.50 MB ID:	1877819 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260815_170000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.94 MB ID:	1877820 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260815_171705.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.25 MB ID:	1877821 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260815_205609.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.01 MB ID:	1877822

        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260815_150711.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	1877824

        Last edited by Hulagn1971; August 17, 2026, 07:33 AM.

        Comment


        • HotSun
          HotSun commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful work. Amish roll butter is the best butter, as close as we can get to European style butter. I buy as much as I can whenever I'm at the Amish market.

        • OC Sandy
          OC Sandy commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a fine looking tri-tip!

        • fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          You did an amazing job on that TT. Beef Perfection!

          Kathryn

        Jaccard chicken breffs. Toasted buns, little mayo. Other piece will be sliced for soft tacos.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260816_213624.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	1877828 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260816_221800.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	1877829

        Comment


        Grilled green onions stuffed with hot Italian sausage seasoned with hoisin, mirin, and soy sauce.The green onions came from our garden
        ​ Click image for larger version

Name:	20260815_091446.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	1877832 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260815_100043.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	3.62 MB
ID:	1877833 ​ ​​​​​​

        Comment


        • HotSun
          HotSun commented
          Editing a comment
          Italian/Japanese fusion? Interesting....how did it turn out?

        • Hedgehog BBQ
          Hedgehog BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          They are awesome, I've made them for parties before. I used the hot Italian for the heat, but the sweet from the asian ingredients. the green onion shrinks down over the pork and gives a crisp texture. you have to grow the onions yourself because you cant get it large enough at the store.

        • fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got to try this. Thanks!

          Kathryn

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7