Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

    We've Made It To Summer! (in the northern hemisphere, anyway)...

    Welcome to the new SUWYC topic, Volume 42 - SUMMER 2026! ​


    Here's a link to the now-closed Vol 41, Spring 2026:​ https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...41-spring-2026
  • Answer selected by Huskee at September 22, 2026, 07:14 AM.

    Unfortunately, with Summer's passing (), we must close this topic in favor of our new Volume 43, FALL 2026!

    Please post your cooks in the new topic here:
    https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...e-43-fall-2026

    Comment


      #2
      jfmorris your first PBX rib cook (back on the previous SUWYC topic) looks absolutely spectacular! Look at all the rib room you had on those rebars. Throw away those rib racks you've purchased over the years.

      You are off and running with that cooker, for sure. I'm so happy for you.

      Kathryn (who can't comment on the previous SUWYC because it's a closed topic)
      Last edited by fzxdoc; June 21, 2026, 06:42 AM.

      Comment


      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I think the deal you got was well worth the wait, jfmorris .

        K.

      • dpearce
        dpearce commented
        Editing a comment
        jfmorris. The Pit barrel does not
        disappoint.

      • HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        jfmorris PBJ, PBC, PBX!

      #3
      Richard Chrz , leg quarters with baharat rub and toum...out of the ballpark with that one. If you had let me know, I'd have brought the tabbouli.

      K.

      P.S. Since the earlier topic is closed, I can't leave a comment there.

      Comment


        #4
        BKYDBBQ your first competition chicken practice looked perfect to me!

        Kathryn (who can't comment on the previous SUWYC because it's a closed topic)

        Comment


          #5
          Ace , I'm liking that little Cuisinart griddle of yours more and more as I see your cooks roll off of it. What a great way to keep the heat out of the house, especially when cooking for two, as you seem to do much of the time. I bet cleanup is a snap--much easier than washing skillets.

          Kathryn (who can't comment on the previous SUWYC because it's a closed topic)

          Comment


          • Ace
            Ace commented
            Editing a comment
            @fzxdov The learning curve for me was actually pretty short and you're correct, cleanup is easier than I thought. A little cold water at the end and the steam does all the work... 👍

          #6
          wrgilb , those party ribs and that porterhouse pork chop look gorgeous. The light bulb went off when I saw those party ribs. It's a perfect way to smoke those babybacks with a lot of loin meat instead of trimming the loin away and making chef's bites out of it.

          And that porterhouse-- 🤩🤩🤩--you got great color and crust on it. We're not worthy...

          Kathryn (who can't comment on the previous SUWYC because it's a closed topic)
          Last edited by fzxdoc; June 22, 2026, 06:20 AM.

          Comment


            #7
            Michael_in_TX , the pork schnitzel you prepared for your wife on June 19 looks great. Two techniques I liked, mostly because I haven't done it that way before
            1. You used pork tenderloin slices instead of pork chops
            2. You pulverized the panko. Great idea. Kikkoman panko (and a few other brands) is so chunky--not something I want for tonkatsu or schnitzel.

            FWIW, lately I've been squishing my chicken and pork cutlets with a taco press. Works wonderfully. I never did like pounding meat in a plastic bag (to avoid the mess). It felt like I was giving the meat a nice microplastic coating. So the taco press with a couple of sheets of parchment paper works well for me. Just FWIW, as I said.

            K.
            Last edited by fzxdoc; June 21, 2026, 11:16 AM.

            Comment


            • Michael_in_TX
              Michael_in_TX commented
              Editing a comment
              I think the use of tenderloin did make it more tender....but I am very sure it made it far more juicy than when I have used pork chops. Tenderloin, as it is a cylinder, is bit more work to pound out flat, but it is very do able.

              The pulverized panko does work very, very well. You get the crispiness of panky without it being so jagged. It also aheres better to the meat as the particles aren't so big/heavy.

            • jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Now I need to go look for a taco press! 😂

            • fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              jfmorris, I've always wanted an excuse to buy the Masienda taco press, but I already have a really cute red enamel CI one that I like a lot. The Masienda press is larger, IIRC, so I could make really big tonkatsu and schnitzels. As if we needed that...

              K.

            #8
            I made some of the best fried rice I've ever made this morning by.....simply winging it?

            I had some brown rice in the fridge that I needed to use up and I found myself with a craving for some fried rice, so I went through this process, completely just winging it.

            I got a cast iron pan and some avocado oil to about 425 F, then added in about a cup of cooked, several days old, broken up, brown rice. I got that into as flat as layer as I could and let it go until it was just starting to develop some color. (Just a hint of color; the rice is, well, already brown lol.)

            I then added in about 1/4 cup of frozen peas and carrots. I mixed that in, returning everything to a flat layer, then added a small pinch of salt, plus a bit of sprinkling of MSG.

            After a moment or two more, I gave everything a taste, primarily to make sure the vegetables were heated through. It needed more salt, but soy sauce is coming.

            I pushed everything to the sides of the pan to leave a hole in the center and cracked in one egg, which I quickly scrambled, then mixed everything together. I then added no more than two teaspoons of soy sauce (we want fried rice, not soup) and mixed that all in. Once most of the water in the sauce had evaporated I plated up.

            I garnished with a bit of togarashi and green onions.

            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2291.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.55 MB ID:	1861255

            Wow that was good and better than it had any right to be. (I didn't even use a wok!) Maybe it was the MSG, but I'd like to think at least some of it was that I wasn't overthinking it. I think there is a lesson there for me.

            Comment


            • klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great! I have some leftover rice from the red beans and rice I made the other day. Think I’ll come up with something like this in the next day or two. Thanks for the idea!
              Last edited by klflowers; June 21, 2026, 04:14 PM.

            #9
            Today is pork shoulder day... But it was very strangely shaped.

            Click image for larger version  Name:	92EDEAF7-0D39-468F-84D5-A176D903AFD2_1_105_c.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.5 KB ID:	1861374

            So I tied it up.

            Click image for larger version  Name:	054EC62F-1461-4BF5-A325-DCCE457A601F_1_105_c.jpg Views:	0 Size:	244.2 KB ID:	1861375

            In process shot from about 7am this morning, as I burned some wood for nice smoke



            Click image for larger version

Name:	18A05995-C4DA-4FAD-93B6-C0FAA87C9D4D_1_105_c.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	1861376

            It's resting as we speak. Updates coming...

            Comment


            • Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice decision to tie.

            • ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Jerod Broussard we said basically the same thing at the same time ... go figure

            • Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              ecowper I'll tell my parents, they will send their condolences

            #10
            Big warehouse fire near downtown LA sending a lot of smoke our way, so kept the cooking indoors last night. Roasted Icelandic cod with sungold cherry tomatoes from the garden and capers that we brought from Salina near Sicily. Served with sauteed shitake. Delicious.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260621_014355119.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	1861387
            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260621_014717516.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	1861388

            Comment


            • ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great

            • Elton's BBQ
              Elton's BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              This looks soooo good!

            • Michael_in_TX
              Michael_in_TX commented
              Editing a comment
              I need to do more dishes with mushrooms....they are so good.

            #11
            Originally posted by pinot59 View Post
            Today is pork shoulder day... But it was very strangely shaped.


            So I tied it up.


            In process shot from about 7am this morning, as I burned some wood for nice smoke



            It's resting as we speak. Updates coming...
            Well the pulled pork turned out great! Served with pan seared broccoli rabe and some leftover potatoes from last night, as well as a variety of sauces - KC, "Sabrina" sauce (Franklin's Espresso sauce), and Lexington dip. I think the sweet ketchup-based sauces were the best with it.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	51E95316-57C5-4FC1-9AA5-F73F67DFEC14_1_105_c.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	1861496
            Click image for larger version  Name:	60F22989-8A6E-4970-9777-3D1D619AFE04_1_105_c.jpg Views:	29 Size:	251.5 KB ID:	1861405
            Click image for larger version  Name:	430E8C46-B590-4E4A-B5BA-CB85A005E4B0_1_105_c.jpg Views:	29 Size:	201.1 KB ID:	1861406
            Last edited by pinot59; June 22, 2026, 04:01 AM.

            Comment


            • jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great!

            • Elton's BBQ
              Elton's BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Ahh.. yessire

            • jayjordan
              jayjordan commented
              Editing a comment
              Great bark on that

            #12
            Pulled lamb and homemade pita. Seasoned a boneless lamb shoulder with a shawarma style rub that I riffed from a bunch of online recipes (cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic, zaatar, cinnamon) and smoked on the PBC. Took it to ~170ish and the wrapped until 203. Took much quicker than I was expecting so had a nice long rest.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5101.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	4.47 MB
ID:	1861412

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5104.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	5.28 MB
ID:	1861413

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5105.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	1861410
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5102.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	4.23 MB
ID:	1861411
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5106.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1861409

            Comment


            • fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Look at that pita puff! 🤩

            • Elton's BBQ
              Elton's BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks really good!

            • JCBBQ
              JCBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Outstanding

            #13
            Nothing better than Father's Day beef ribs. I also made Leroy and Lewis' Beet BBQ sauce and it was outstanding.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260621_221640265.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	4.08 MB
ID:	1861418

            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260621_221731085.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	1861419

            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260621_224804499.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	1861420

            Comment


            • ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              oh my

            • Elton's BBQ
              Elton's BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice!

            • JCBBQ
              JCBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Incredible!! And that after pic 🤣🤣

            #14
            Keto friendly Meatloaf,
            made with almond flower instead of bread crumbs.

            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2973.jpg Views:	9 Size:	1.99 MB ID:	1861434 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2975.jpg Views:	8 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	1861435

            Comment


            • dpearce
              dpearce commented
              Editing a comment
              I've done that before, and it came out pretty good! Looks good!

            #15
            Brisket flat spent 9 hours on the SnS and 2 hours in the oven at 170F holding ... Stacy made a German potato salad and a pasta salad. None of the kids could be here today, but I had a fathers day feast anyhow

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1119.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	6.18 MB
ID:	1861473
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1120.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	5.23 MB
ID:	1861474
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1126.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	1861471
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1127.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	5.41 MB
ID:	1861472

            Comment


            • Elton's BBQ
              Elton's BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good & well deserved!

            • barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              The potato salad, does that happen to be Gurken-Kartoffelsalat? It looks like what my Oma makes!

            • ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              barelfly Stacy says it is a Schwäbischer potato salad .... broth, vinegar, oil, mustard. It's what I remember as typical in a Gasthaus for dinner.

          Announcement

          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          0
          Guest
          Guest
          500
          ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
          7