Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I did a quick cook, but a timeless classic - smoked salmon. Easy to do, but hard to beat. I used my PK300 grill, with two zones. I bought a few bags of BGE charcoal. I'm a big fan of their charcoal.

    I also added a chunk of oak wood for good measure.

    But to add more flavor I made an Asian style dressing. Here's the recipe, this is for 600 grams of salmon.

    Asian dressing
    • 4 green onions
    • 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
    • 1 clove garlic
    • 4 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
    • 2 tsp honey
    • 1 tbsp olive oil
    ​
    Chop the onion finely, crush the garlic and grate the ginger. Add everything to a bowl. Stir and let it sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.

    Now "dress up" the salmon with the Asian sauce. Smoke it until done, 52° C / 125° F.


    Big Green Egg charcoal in the PK 300

    Click image for larger version

Name:	salmon-indirect-heat.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	479.4 KB
ID:	1887910

    This is what I cooked, with some poor man's jalapeno poppers:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	salmon-pk-grill.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	1887911

    Comment


    • Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      This ....

    • WI Bubba
      WI Bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      What a great way to end the Summer thread!

    Unfortunately, with Summer's passing (), we must close this topic in favor of our new Volume 43, FALL 2026!

    Please post your cooks in the new topic here:
    https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...e-43-fall-2026

    Comment

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7