Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Back from vacation and doing a little grilling.


    This was a mixed bag.

    Hanger steaks. Turned out great! From Whole Foods, and once again we had some unevenness in cuts. There were two large ones, one medium, and one wee one. I fired up the Kamado, making sure to give it some time to burn off the dirty smoke. Chamber temperature was at about 300-320 which means surface temp was probably about 260-280, which is fine. Reverse seared the fatties to about 110 degrees and then hot-seared them after getting the grill surface temperature up. I threw in a piece of hickory to give a mild smoke flavor.

    These were served with "Sabrina" sauce, aka Franklin Barbecue Espresso sauce. That is an excellent accompaniment to beef and the mild amount of smoke.

    The broccolini did not turn out great. Too crunchy. Normally I par cook them and then char them in the pan, but today I decided to try something new. I took the advice of a certain LLM to just sear it, and it didn't work. All good, not everything works out. And I learned that robots don't know much about grilling.

    ​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0623.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1865836

    ​ ​
    ​

    Comment


    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful color to that meat there. I am eating leftovers of my Picanha steak right now and roasted asparagus. I put it in the toaster oven. Spray with a little Canola oil, some garlic powder, oregano and black pepper. 375 for 14 minutes and then some shredded Sharp Cheddar on top after pulling it out. Easy peasey way to cook your veggies and taste great.

    • wrgilb
      wrgilb commented
      Editing a comment
      We love hanger steak. I just pick up 2 this afternoon at a local gourmet butcher shop. Total weight was about 3-1/2 lbs. Even though it's $23.99/lb. it's worth it.

    • Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      I love Franklin BBQ's Espresso sauce on beef sausage. It's great!

    Did 2 tri-tips today on the PK360. Only slice up the bigger one.These were a Whiskey Pepper marinade from a local butcher shop

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1493.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	1865858
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1494.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	1865856
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1496.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	1865857

    Comment


      Rained today so I ended up doing these ribeyes in the hot tub and searing them in CI. Tried something different - zucchini fries in the air fryer. Baked potatoes were kind of nekid, my sour cream expired 2 months ago. Pretty good all around. The zucchini turned out very good.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20260705_182929.jpg Views:	17 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	1865864
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260705_181844.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	1865863

      Comment


      • Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG!

      • JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        What they said 👆

      • Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        That....that is a crust!

      This is not a great photo…but it’s been a minute since I’ve had a chile cheese dawg!!!!!! And yellow mustard just makes it!!! 😂

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0900.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1865873

      a great weekend for the 250th celebration! Green chile cheeseburgers, pulled pork, and now chile cheese dawgs! One more day of fun tomorrow and another fun cook coming.

      Comment


      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mustard always wins.

      • JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Hot diggity!

      • Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha, love it! That’s an appropriate amount of yellow mustard.

      Fried chicken


      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0391.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	1865884

      Comment


      • klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding!

      Smoked chuck short ribs on the Smoke Vault. Dry-brined with Meat head's Red Meat rub. Post oak chunks

      Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260706_024428058.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	4.57 MB
ID:	1865887
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260706_024702272.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	1865888

      Comment


      • jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding! And the amazing bark on this ribs makes me even sadder that I waited too long to buy a Smoke Vault...

      In celebration of the 4th and our nation's 250th birthday, I present the grilled Bald Eagle. In Alaska they are much like gnats. Seriously, you’d be having the same reaction if Benjamin Franklin had had his way and the Turkey was the national bird.

      Turkey on the Morphaque, two types of injection. Lettuce and peas side salad with a side of beans. Turned out very well.

      it was a great 4th.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4210.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	1865944

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4211.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	4.32 MB
ID:	1865945

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4213.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	1865946

      Comment


      • JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. That view. That set up!! 💪💪💪

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        That is quite the view there! I don’t know if I’d ever leave that spot!

      • Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I will be up there in September!!! I can't wait!

      Pulled together a naturally leavened roasted tomato focaccia. Still learning this new flour from a mill in Illinois, but it turned out pretty well. My wife said she liked it, and more importantly the QA department (in the last picture) approved...

      Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	1865993

      Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	1865994

      Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	1865995

      Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	5.20 MB
ID:	1865996

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Pup.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1865997

      Comment


      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks nice. Fido seems to think so also.....

      Looking for a really good, really ez “cheater meal”? These noodles are terrific. I just throw whatever leftovers in with them. Sometimes chicken, sometimes just a fried egg. Here I threw in spicy sauted bok choy and some sweet potato.

      Edit: Indomie Mi Goreng noodles. You can get them on Amazon if you don’t have an Asian Grocery nearby.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9253.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	1866088

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9255.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	1866089

      Comment


      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice plating and the colors too.

        On the food network I just watched, Food Network Top Ten Noodles
        Great noodles in "top ten" restaurants across the country.

      Two boneless ribeye steaks (they looked like choice to me).
      Slightly overcooked as I had the OK Joe gas unit running just shy of 600*
      Mashed baby red potatoes enhanced with bacon bits, sour cream, chives and shredded parmesan cheese for the side.
      A touch of Alder wood in the foil smoke pouch.

      ​
      ​ Picture repost try...
      ​ Click image for larger version

Name:	3BB6180D-C71C-4111-BA07-5F11B21352DC.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	1866099 Click image for larger version

Name:	D412D5FA-FB93-491F-88DB-B8C886AAD8CB.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	1866100 Click image for larger version

Name:	3DB6CD21-80CF-4AC1-B887-09209ACBACCC.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1866101
      Last edited by Ace; July 6, 2026, 06:15 PM.

      Comment


      • klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        The pics didn't show up

      • Ace
        Ace commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Kevin... The screen went gray when I tried to post. I'll try to repost from the "edit" screen and see if that works. LMK

      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good in the "steakhood". Beaver Horseradish for the win.

      Zucchini Boats
      First time we made them. It was a joint effort.
      Two of us in a one butt kitchen. LOL
      They were pretty good, as in do again good.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	1866118

      Comment


        This was yesterday…
        She wanted ribs, so ribs it is. LOL
        Well on their way to yummy goodness. Done on the Performer with nothing but a dry rub. My fave way to cook & serve them.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2026-07-06-182445.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	1866136
        FWIW.,,I’ve been told MANY times that I make the best ribs that people have ever tasted. I fully “blame” The Pit for that. ;-)

        Comment


        • bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty Ribs they are

        • cruiseplanner1
          cruiseplanner1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ribs are dry rub only here also.

        • Bogy
          Bogy commented
          Editing a comment
          This is the way!

        Yep, burgers again.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-691274050.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	925.6 KB
ID:	1866154 Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-184491240.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	814.8 KB
ID:	1866155 Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-2079159256.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1866156 Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-578963213.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	826.3 KB
ID:	1866157 https://youtube.com/shorts/QnEgjX4ZR...QX_CjvLW80nrA-

        Comment


        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks like you messed up slicing the buns, looks like there’s blood….. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

        • Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn just your favorite condiment...ketchup 😉

        TACOS!!!!!!!!!!! Of the carnitas variety. Leftover pulled pork from Saturday fried up on the flat top after a great day of boating! Always nice to have something easy to cook up after a day on the water. And this salsa was really good - picked it up at Walmart! Reminds me of the salsa taquera from Vitamina T!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0909.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	1866161

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0910.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	1866160

        Comment


        • Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          That avocado street sauce is the bomb.

        • JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s so nice to be able to quickly pull together something delicious w/o reinventing the wheel.

        Maybe not the most exciting picture, but these boneless, skinless chicken breast were really good and moist. If you've ever tried cooking boneless, skinless breast, you know how easy it is to dry them out.

        Enlarge this picture and you'll see how moist these are. Here's my method, sous vide the breasts in a baggie at 150 degrees for 90 minutes. I found this to be the sweet spot for time and temp., then sear in a pan or on the bbq to get some color. I seared these over charcoal for about 2 minutes a side, flipping every minute.

        Sauced them with a bourbon barrel sauce that I made (Meat Churches recipe). Linda did her macaroni salad which is always good, along with some green beans a Dutch Crunch French bread. I'm going to put this back in the rotation​.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1499.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	1866164

        Comment


        • Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sous vide always wins on chicken boobs. Nice cook!

        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Dutch crunch!!! I need to master this bread….

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7