Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Meal prep for Sabrina’s work weekend. All she wanted was skirt steaks for each shift. Women of my dreams!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0202.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	4.91 MB
ID:	1871398

    Comment


    Bought 45lbs of choice Tri-Tip last week and decided to cook one tonight even though it was 98* and windy. Burn ban still in effect so this was cooked on the OK gasser.
    Roast was close to 3lbs (I left about a 3/8 inch fat cap on after trimming), 2 day dry brine and a light coat of lime juice.
    BBBR for the rub (I added some powered beef broth to the mix) and Alder wood in the packet.
    Sides were Stove Top Stuffing with Craisins and Costco 4 bean salad.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	28599ABE-7355-45DA-B003-A00BFA4E32DE.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.98 MB ID:	1871406 Click image for larger version  Name:	460098BD-8B11-424C-8EF3-8198A88FDA32.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.32 MB ID:	1871407 Click image for larger version  Name:	0E1092D4-E1CA-4A49-A0BB-E97DA85A84A1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.36 MB ID:	1871408

    Comment


    • Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      The first pic I thought I was looking at a 45 lb tri-tip.

    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard 🤣🤣🤣🤣
      Yep, I kinda worded that weird. I actually bought 15 Tri-Tips that weighed an average of 3lbs ea and was on a good sale (for my area) at $6.99/lb. Shared some with my son. 😊

    • Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah man, I saw the picture before I saw the wording. #swole

    Couple briskets for VBS sammiches. 16.5lbs and 17.08lbs was the two lightest in the bin.

    Firing her up. First with CookinPellets.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	20260724_232532.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	1871442

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      #baller

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Quite the setup!

      Kathryn

    First HLT of the year, (with home grown tomatoes). It was good, but I think the tomato plants were mislabeled and I did not get the variety I wanted. The ones I got are OK, but not as good as what I normally grow. The core is larger and the taste just not as good as the variety I like.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4612[1].jpg
Views:	203
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1871500

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4613[1].jpg
Views:	191
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	1871501

    Comment


    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent... 👍

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Wash that lettuce good! Oh. It probably came from your garden, so no worries.

      Love the sizzlin' burger photo. It's a shoo-in for the next SUWYC newsletter. Spinaker

      Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; July 25, 2026, 02:53 PM.

    • DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that is one beautiful salad.

    I say wibs it. Into shape.
    Shape it up. Get straight.
    Go forward. Move ahead!
    Try to detect it, it's not too late.
    To wibs it... wibs it good​!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260720_120036.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	1871546
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260720_140256.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	1871547
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260720_160027.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	1871548
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260720_182518.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	1871550
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260720_182525.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	1871549

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Now Devo is stuck in my head!

    • DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn There are waaaaay worse earworms, amirite???

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely DaveD




    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260724_172444.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	1871574 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260724_172430.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	1871575


    Another Pesto, Chicken, Bacon,Onion, Green Pepper, and Smoked Mushroom Pizza on the BGE last night.

    Comment


    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nicely done. Love those ingredients... 😊

    • Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Well color me inspired. That looks really good!

    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful pie Skip!

    One of my favorite Amazing Ribs recipes. Crab cakes with a rosemary aioli.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2646.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	1871589
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2648.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	4.48 MB
ID:	1871590
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2650.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	1871591

    Comment


    • Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Love crab. That baked potato looks like it sure gave up on life.

    Graph Test. Take a wild guess on this graph what time I was notified that I had to, not only go to work, but now I'm going to work at 2pm instead of the 5:30 p.m. that I knew was a slight possibly but still figured I'd be cutting grass at sundown.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20260725_145144_FireBoard.jpg Views:	0 Size:	306.0 KB ID:	1871632

    Comment


    • Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      Rhetorical question? 8:30

    • Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Bogy close....9:01am.

    Smoked pork belly nachos at home today since I had to work. Candied jalapeños on my half. 100% legit.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	83675c27-8c49-40d0-b77f-17cdc1af0b75.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	3.79 MB
ID:	1871649

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      So much Yes! I'm doing this for a game day cook.

    I've been messing around with my fermentation schedules, percentages, and playing around with diastatic malt powder again. Im doing it more for my oven baked frozen doughs. I’m using my gozney oven as a known reference-point.

    Fresh mushrooms, Italian sausage, and pepperoni, san Marzano sauce from the garden. Mushrooms were part of a farmer swap, they get 20 dollars in dough ( 4 doughs), i get 20 in produce. Total win win.

    The slice was drizzled with roasted garlic oil from a confit, a bit of grated romano, and bit of Aleppo pepper.


    Click image for larger version  Name:	255C2E4E-B12E-435B-A9B4-7AACDA1006D1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	383.1 KB ID:	1871668
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; July 25, 2026, 06:32 PM.

    Comment


    • Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks delicious!

    • Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Get in my belly!

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You folks and these beautiful pizza's on here are killing me!

    Salmon for dinner. Longevity cook 😉
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-1580126209.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	1871715 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-1919186142.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	1871712 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-57087566.jpg Views:	0 Size:	966.4 KB ID:	1871713 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-22539573.jpg Views:	0 Size:	954.6 KB ID:	1871716 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-1224275358.jpg Views:	0 Size:	953.0 KB ID:	1871711 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-1612793739.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.13 MB ID:	1871714

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-840017169.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	1871710

    Comment


    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect. I take mine to 130 but so many people don't watch the temp on fish. It makes as much difference as on a beef. Love them blackened like that with a side of homemade dill sauce to dip them in lightly.

    Cooking Lasagna on my Weber Spirit. It does a Fantastic job!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4038.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	1871721

    Comment


    • Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it does!

    • Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Can I just have that entire top layer??

    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes please

    Grilled Big Glory Bay king Salmon over an oak live fire on the Buckaroo. Served with a corn and shishito pepper salad.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260726_011440857.MP.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	4.11 MB
ID:	1871746
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260726_015429680.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	1871747

    Comment


    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect looking cook. Temp 125?

    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      cruiseplanner1 - thanks. I didn't temp it, but 125-130 sounds about right.

    This little experiment didn't turn out half bad. I took some HEB frozen beef ravioli, let them thaw a little bit, and then coat them in buttermilk, then in Italian-seasoned bread crumbs, then air-fried at 400 F for seven minutes.

    Buttermilk is rather sticky, so the breadcrumbs adhered quite well. Here is what it looks like out of the air fryer.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2423.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.08 MB ID:	1871751

    Plated up with some steamed brocolli....

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2424.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.13 MB ID:	1871752

    And sauced (store bought) and topped with Parmesan cheese...

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2425.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.37 MB ID:	1871753

    A minimal amount of effort and is far cheaper (and healthier?) than Olive Garden's equivalent. When I do this again, I'll serve the sauce as a dipping sauce as it makes the ravioli soggy after just a few minutes.

    Still, it was delicious.

    Comment


      Foolproof pan pizza..
      so easy, even this fool can make it.
      This one featured homemade ground sausage, green peppers, and onion. Spread the cheese all the way to the edges this time, as others here suggested the last time i made one...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260725_184006.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	1871765 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260725_184521.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	1871766

      Comment


      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        And another great looking pizza tantalizing me on here today......

      • Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        And the crust on this is always soooo good.

      • Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Dayuum! 👍👍

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7