Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Pork wings rubbed with Meat Church Honey Hog. Cooked at 285 for about 3 hrs. Topped with homemade buffalo sauce (butter, crystal hot sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder).

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260822_112405.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	4.27 MB
ID:	1879235 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260822_113046.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	1879236

    Comment


    • klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Those little nuggets are great. Looks like you did them justice

    • Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those were all the rage in the pubs around here some years ago. Like before covid. Then poof, they disappeared. Don’t know why. I love them. 🤷‍♂️

    Niman Ranch Baby-backs with Flavor Seed Zilch, Nada, None (no salt seasoning) on our Masterbuilt Gravity 800. I recently bought new SS grill grates so we have an allergen-free set, and the use the original cast irons for beef, steak, etc. FOGO lump charcoal and some hickory splits. These ribs were great!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0884.jpg Views:	28 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	1879253 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0883.jpg Views:	28 Size:	4.78 MB ID:	1879254 great.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0878.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	6.07 MB
ID:	1879255

    Comment


    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice looking Ribs!

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful there

    A very New Jersey welcome home for my daughter and her family. Towers of tomato-mutz and pesto pasta.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9632.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	1879264

    Comment


    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      And some Oyster Bay Sauv Blanc on the side. Been drinking it for years. It's consistently a pleasant quaff.

      Kathryn

    • JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc yep, I agree. Easy drinking and ez on the wallet

    Thai Red Curry Chicken over jasmine rice. I followed Pailin 's recipe very closely except I married the veggies. This has bamboo shoots, green beans and red bell pepper.


    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260822_235312934.jpg Views:	189 Size:	4.29 MB ID:	1879291 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260822_235850060.jpg Views:	175 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	1879292

    Comment


    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Curry Chicken is one of my favorites. Your's looks good

    • surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks great. I love curry…the next challenge is to get the SO to love it as well. ;-)

    • Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      surfdog - Oh, she does. She loved it.

    Today’s planned cook definitely did not go according to plan 😂

    Went out this morning to fill the hopper and discovered a mouse had decided my smoker looked like a great place to move in. So instead of firing it up, the morning started with a full cleanout, scrub down, and high-temp burnoff.

    About 3 hours behind schedule, the beef back ribs finally hit the smoke. Nothing a cold whiskey and a little patience can’t fix. 🥃

    Ended up being worth the wait. Beef ribs turned out great, and I threw on a turkey breast and some kielbasa for meals throughout the week while I had the smoker rolling.

    Not the cook I planned, but a damn good smoking day in the end. 🔥
    ​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1923.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	1879318

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1922.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	5.55 MB
ID:	1879319

    Comment


    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice pivot!

      Kathryn

    Troutman's Shrimp Sauce Piquant from his Louisiana Real and Rustic Series: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-sauce-piquant

    I've never made a sauce piquant before and I wish that I had: this is very very good! Yes, its spicy but you can control that to your taste. I used my Fiery Pepper Powder which is hotter than cayenne and my hot sauce instead of Tabasco. I also used two jalapenos instead of one.


    Made a stock from the shrimp shells.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	sauce_piquant1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.51 MB ID:	1879326

    Just added the trinity to the roux.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	sauce_piquant2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	1879327

    After 2 hours of simmering I added the shrimp.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	sauce_piquant3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.54 MB ID:	1879325

    Mmmmm!

    Click image for larger version  Name:	sauce_piquant4.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.38 MB ID:	1879324
    Last edited by 58limited; August 22, 2026, 08:11 PM.

    Comment


    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I can just taste the flavor in that!

    Been awhile since i did pastrami. I cheated and started with a prepared corned beef point. This is one of the recipes I follow to the letter; 7 hours on the Bronco. I need to do this much more often. Simple sandwich with just mustard and a salad.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260822_192255.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	653.0 KB
ID:	1879338 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260822_192344.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	904.5 KB
ID:	1879339 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260822_193214.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	1879340

    Comment


    • Logsmith
      Logsmith commented
      Editing a comment
      More inspiration to get going on pastrami! Looks amazing

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Kevin, for the tip about Aldi's. In the past I've bought CB from them, occasionally finding a point or two, but never consistently. You had the luck of the Pastrami gods on your side the day you found this one. I bet it was delicious.

      K.

    • klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc I was in Aldi today - nothing but flats now.

    Flat iron, caprese with arugula, baker. Seared hot and fast with mesquite. I’m darn happy with this meal.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0485.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	4.70 MB
ID:	1879354

    Comment


    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Outstanding!

    • JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect meal.

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      As JC said a perfect meal combo. Steak looks fantastic

    It is brisket Sunday! Costco started to carry Prime again so I had to go in on it while it lasts. ($97 Brisket.......ugh) l rubbed this down with Malcom Reed's Brisket Rub. It has become one of my new favorites. I love the coarse black pepper. I had my assistant to help handle the brisket on the way to the BBQ fridge. The Big Joe handles briskets like a dream. I use it almost exclusively for my brisket and shoulder cooks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0491.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	1879427 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0494.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	1879428 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0493.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1879429

    Comment


    • Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful!

    • Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      She is happy for now.......until the next brisket cook. @Ace

      BBQ side chic is a great one. LOL. mrteddyprincess

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      After seeing this I have to get a brisket in soon. Looks great

    Had some Pork Tenderloins in the freezer from Costco and turned them into an easy, lean and killer delicious Char Siu Pork on my Weber Summit Smoker

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Char Siu Pic.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	524.0 KB
ID:	1879446

    Comment


    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice. I have to get a batch of them done soon for my Chinese dishes through the winter.

    • klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow

    a great day crabbing in Manzanita Oregon, turns into a crab feast!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9269.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	900.9 KB
ID:	1879451

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2471.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	1879452

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Crab Fest.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	850.9 KB
ID:	1879453

    Comment


    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Fresh crab for the win.

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the tablecloth!! 🤪🤪🤪👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

    And pastrami & Swiss on rye!! I tell ya….there might not be a better hot sandwich than a pastrami on rye!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1190.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1879490

    Comment


    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      cruiseplanner1 - YES to sauerkraut! I usually add this but my homemade stash is pretty old and i didn’t check to see if it was still good. Need to because I still have half the chunk of pastrami otherwise I’ll buy a jar for the next sandwich!

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Barelfly, I usually go to Walmart or Aldi and just pick up a cheap can and that last's us for a couple days of lunch sandwiches. And we also put Baby Rays Secret Sauce on them versus Thousand Island. We like it much better. Make them with smoked turkey too but the bread is what makes it. We use the light rye also from a local bakery as I do not do dough as so many here are good at.

    • Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      AGREED!

    I had some raw shrimp left over from yesterdays Shrimp Sauce Piquant. So, today I made Panhead John's Louisiana Shrimp Creole. Now, I love a good shrimp creole and its been far too long since I've had one - I almost made it yesterday but the Sauce Piquant was calling to me. Not nearly as spicy as the Piquant but it does have a little kick to it. I used my hot sauce and pepper powder.

    This Shrimp Creole is excellent! Just what I was looking for.

    Sauteed Trinity with spices added.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	shrimp_creole1.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	1879502

    Simmered for about 45 minutes with shrimp stock, crushed tomatoes (Red Gold brand) and homemade tomato sauce. I added the shrimp and let it go another 20 minutes. Perfect!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	shrimp_creole2.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	1879504

    Served with some toasted bread that I made for the Sauce Piquant and forgot about.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	shrimp_creole3.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	1879503

    Comment


    You've seen this before. Next Friday is our first teacher pitch-in for the year held in four areas of our school. Feeding teachers. 64 thighs and 14 breasts (not pictured), and one vegan chicken patty (not pictured).

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image184357.jpg Views:	0 Size:	588.6 KB ID:	1879553​
    Bonus: When you process 60+ thighs there are chicken oysters to be had. I saved them and made Asian style kebobs for dinner.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image184448.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	1879598​
    Last edited by mrteddyprincess; August 23, 2026, 04:57 PM.

    Comment


    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      This always makes me smile even more when I see these cooks you do for the teachers and students! Enjoy!!

    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic. They’re going to be eating well!

    Roasted purple Adirondack purple potatoes on the pellet, yellow squash and onions on the griddle and strips over charcoal.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2809.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	4.78 MB
ID:	1879562
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2810.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	4.19 MB
ID:	1879561
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2813.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	5.50 MB
ID:	1879563
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2816.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	1879560

    Comment


    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great David!

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      fork it over!

    • JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yum!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
0
Guest
Guest
500
["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
7