Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rotisserie chicken. I did it with the Smart Ring. Won’t do it again. Seasoned with Oak Ridge Bird/Game rub. Good stuff!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0510.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	1882322

    Comment


    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice Nice Nice... 🐔

    • surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Won’t do it again..?

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      surfdog I will rotisserie chicken all day long. I just don’t think the smart ring brought anything to the party. It was too far away from the coals.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1184.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	6.32 MB
ID:	1882349 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1186.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	5.45 MB
ID:	1882350
    16 pound Black Angus briskit smooked on a Yoder for 14 hours

    Comment


    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfection 👍👍👍

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks very good. Couldn't cut mine so nice, it was too wobbly

    • BBQPhil
      BBQPhil commented
      Editing a comment
      For this event I smoked the brisket the day before, let cool, refrigerated overnight and then sliced. Brisket was heated with a homemade bbq sauce. Normally I prefer to eat right after smoking, but this worked really well.

    First time smoking a Beef Eye of Round on my WSM. Turned out pretty darn good!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2721.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	4.19 MB
ID:	1882489

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2714.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	4.68 MB
ID:	1882490

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2719.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	4.91 MB
ID:	1882491

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2709.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	5.03 MB
ID:	1882492

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2715.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	4.70 MB
ID:	1882493

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2717.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	5.17 MB
ID:	1882494

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2720.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	5.07 MB
ID:	1882495

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0083.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	5.52 MB
ID:	1882496

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2707.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	6.50 MB
ID:	1882497

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2722.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	4.74 MB
ID:	1882498

    Comment


    • Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks really good!

    • jsaniga
      jsaniga commented
      Editing a comment
      HotSun I am having trouble replying directly to your comments for some reason. The sauce is a combination of the juices from the sear, heavy cream, and a bunch of seasonings. I got the recipe from HeyGrillHey https://heygrillhey.com/smoked-eye-of-round/ . cruiseplanner1 I think it was more like prime rib, maybe a little stiffer. I need to learn to make thinner slices. Henrik this was even better being warmed up for lunch a few days later. Incredible!

    • HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      jsaniga , the recipe answered my questions, so thanks for sharing.

    Good evening and Happy Labor Day weekend. The weather looks good. Lower humidity and no rain in the forecast. I'll be doing 3 racks of St Louis cut ribs tomorrow on the PBJ. Prepped, in fridge and ready. PBJ also ready. Oh, that's not why I'm here.
    Nancy asked me to grill some chicken. She marinated with Balsamic vinegar, EVO, garlic powder and pepper. She said it was the best chicken she ever had. Certainly not my cooking but her marinade. I had to put the Spirit in grill mode taking the griddle out.
    I did something I've never done before. I have sausage links both sweet and hot. I took one of each, removed from the casing. Mixed them together. Each were 3oz. One seasoned with Meatheads Pork Rub. The other Killer Hogs. I had the Killer Hog one on a toasted burger bun, painted with Dukes. A unique blend of sweet and hot. I'll certainly be doing again.

    Quick update: ribs done. A little more than 5 hours. Wrapped in foil after the rest. Looking at and aroma had me drooling. Pictures tomorrow. O
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20260903_164105.jpg Views:	50 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	1882568 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260903_185518.jpg Views:	44 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	1882569
    Last edited by RichieB; September 4, 2026, 07:48 PM.

    Comment


    • HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      Very creative 'burger', looks great.

    • RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      I've coined the phrase "SauBurger"

    This is from last weekend...having trouble with my photos app...Anyhow, here are cheddar brats on the Hasty Bake. I'm learning how to use the HB for different cooks:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20260828_175004.jpg Views:	6 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	1882725The grate slopes towards the center to assist with grease capture, so they roll. Ha, funny.

    Served on Aldi's deli sandwich rolls, with mustard, sweet pickle relish, and saurkraut. I bought to try them out and compare again Amoroso's.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20260828_180201.jpg Views:	6 Size:	2.37 MB ID:	1882727
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20260828_180211.jpg Views:	6 Size:	2.46 MB ID:	1882726Pretty good dinner. The Aldi rolls are not as good as Amoroso's, but good enough in a pinch. Now I know for sure.

    Leftovers...reserved for SUYL:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20260828_180217.jpg Views:	6 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	1882728
    Last edited by HotSun; September 4, 2026, 08:47 AM. Reason: Relish! How could I omit relish?

    Comment


      I stopped buying lunch meat awhile back, so I make my own turkey breast lunch meat. Trader Joes sells bone in, skin on turkey breast. I buy them, remove the skin and bones, season, roll and tie them and SV them at 150 for 2.5 hours. This one has The Gospel by Meat Church and black pepper. Made a turkey "reuben" with swiss, Sauerkraut and marble rye.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260904_114500.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	693.5 KB
ID:	1882756 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260904_114853.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	1882757 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260904_120328.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	886.0 KB
ID:	1882758

      Comment


      • klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        cruiseplanner1 next time i am going to smoke it at ~225 for about an hour before the SV to see how it comes out

      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds interesting. Should end up quite tender

      • Hedgehog BBQ
        Hedgehog BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe a Turkey Ruben is called a Rachel sandwich

      It turns out, if you want a skillet burger at 3 pm on a Friday, no one will stop you.

      1/3 ground chuck patty.....3-4 minutes a side and it's nicely at 160-165 F. Cast iron, of course.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2550.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	3.72 MB
ID:	1882822

      Bun in the air fryer (2 mins at 390 F, no preheat) and it is nicely toasted. Then mayo on the bottom bun, mustard on the top. Large leaf of butter lettuce on the bottom bun (to catch the dripping fat, of course!), then patty, then sharp cheddar cheese (forgot to put this on during cooking, but it melted quickly), then some red onion, and homemade dill pickles.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2551.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	1882821

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2552.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	1882820

      THAT is a good burger. I've been on a smash burger kick when I typically do burgers recently, so it has been awhile since I've done a thick one.

      I've settled in on 1/3 pound as my preferred weight. 1/2 lb is just too big and 1/4 lb is lacking. And I need to do these more often in a skillet. You get that smash burger crust! I wish I could get a smoke element in here, but once the crust is formed, the patty is done and smoking would overcook it.

      (And if I had been thinking, I would have defrosted some hatch chiles....those would have taken this over the top, but I forgot alas.)

      Comment


      • Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Like you I’ve decided 1/3 pound is the ideal size for us. I normally add just a bit of a savory rub and for now it’s into a CI skillet in the house. It’s too hot and humid to grill burgers outside right now. I like a crust and a thick patty. The CI takes care of the crust nicely. Enjoy your burger!

      • Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        (And totally forgot....seasoning on both sides of the patty was Meat Church Holy Cow.)

      Also, as it turns out, if you want a skillet burger twice in one day, no one will stop you. So, I couldn't get the idea of a hatch chile burger out of my head and as I unexpectedly found myself on my own for dinner....why not??

      Same process as before, but just a borderline-obscene amount of diced hatch chile instead of pickles.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2554.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	1882896

      Served with some air-fryer hashbrown sticks.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2555.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	1882895

      That hit the spot. (I'll eat like a salmon filet tomorrow or something lol.)

      Comment


      • surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you missed a spot with your chiles…

      • Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        surfdog Yeah...I think you're right....cheese and lettuce is still visible.

      Just one pic of this dinner from a couple nights ago. Yes, the sandwich is upside down.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20260902_172117.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.26 MB ID:	1882934
      Pulled hickory smoked beef with Kewpie mayo on an Aldi deli roll. The mayo is our go-to now for sandwiches, even though it is pricey....one of our splurges. Normally I eat something like with an au jus for dipping, but my DD likes hers this way and gave it a try.

      Served with apples, fresh romaine, and elote seasoned corn. Delicious.
      Last edited by HotSun; September 5, 2026, 05:52 PM.

      Comment


        I'm doing pulled beef today. I actually put it on the grill straight from the freezer. Haven't done that before, but forgot to take it out of the freezer yesterday. I've been smoking it for many hours now, just wrapped it in aluminum foil, 2 layers, with 1/2 beer in it. Now running at 150° C / 300° F to get it to 203° F, then hold.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6455.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	5.86 MB
ID:	1883029

        Comment


        • DTro
          DTro commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good. Keep us posted.

        • Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is going to be delicious!

        Alright, here's a follow-up photo of the pulled beef. I did end up with a hybrid - half sliced, half pulled. Simply because it meant a nicer presentation on the plate. I served it with red beets, feta cheese, a little honey, and pickles.

        I'm very happy with the final product. Very juicy, tender, and just the right bark. I used 16 mesh black pepper and kosher salt.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6459.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.79 MB ID:	1883125

        Comment


        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼


        This weeks Competition Ribs and Chicken practice. Came out pretty good I think. The PBC and PBX did an excellent job as always.

        PBC...PBX...PBC...PBX...

        Getting Started...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	796497690_18456066610142138_6069078907290948222_n.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1883163
        Ready to sauce...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	796460780_18456104287142138_4978119879761174551_n.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	1883164
        Finished Product...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	797775632_18456104278142138_3897252555792329044_n.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1883165
        Finished Product...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	797775639_18456104263142138_7362749590030263709_n.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1883162

        Comment


        • klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Only a 9 hour drive. Guess I'll have to pass this time

        • Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          Those first two shots really show how large the surface area on that PBX is!

        • BKYDBBQ
          BKYDBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Michael_in_TX The ribs were cooked on the PBX, the Chicken was on the PBC...

          Three racks side by side on the PBX is pretty good in my book. I know it will hold a lot more if I was hanging them...

        Simple redneck dinner, air fryer style. The most difficult and time consuming part was cleaning both chambers of the unit. Gidget had water.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260905_215222.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	1883338 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260905_213742.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	1883339 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260905_213620.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	1883340 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260905_220513.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	1883341


        Comment


        • RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          Love them Nathan's Fries.

        • Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John it's easier to hide 😎

        • Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn Gidget's number one fan! She licked my phone after seeing your comment.

        Hulagn1971 I’ll see your Redneck dinner and raise you a Hillbilly dinner! 🥸 Hillbilly Ghoulash, cornbread on the side with melted cheese on top……..

        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6697.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.17 MB ID:	1883348

        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6699.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.95 MB ID:	1883347

        Comment


        • Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bro, I'll eat the entire pot full. Don't test me lol.

        • bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Hillbilly transplanted to Texas. I'm inpressed.

        TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of the flank variety this go! After a fun day at the Hatch Chile Festival, went with an easy meal that included a few things from the festival - two salsas and these dang chips! Oh man are they good! We crushed the bag too!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1285.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	1883354

        Comment


        • Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          I need this.

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7