Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Smoked a tri tip last night for some friends, used Meathead's cowboy java rub.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3106.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	1863833

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3105.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	1863834

    Comment


    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfection!

    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks perfect. Coffee adds nice earthy notes to beef. You done did good.

    • Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. It was amazing if it tasted even half as good as it looks.

    #77
    I have been on a roll lately with random thrown-together foods. Looking in my refrigerator, I noticed I had some brown rice I needed to use up as well as some of the leftover mayo-yogurt-garlic sauce I used on my doner kebabs last week. I then spied some pico de gallo that needed eating as well.

    I defrosted a salmon filet and spread some of the mayo sauce on top of it and got it going in the air fryer. I then got some olive oil quite hot in a skillet, then added the rice and fried it up (just like making fried rice). I then added the pico to get it heated through.

    After six minutes at 400 F the salmon was perfect so I plated it up with the rice/pico.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2327.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	1863882

    Wow that was better than it had any right to be. The salmon was delicious and the skin crisped up nicely too (yay air fryers); moreover, the bits of garlic in the sauce roasted in the air fryer (the brown specs on top of the salmon in the photo)! A dab of extra sauce made a very nice stand in for tartar sauce.

    The rice and pico was really good. It didn't taste Mexican, just a very flavorful rice pilaf.

    I'm going to make this again soon, purposefully!

    Comment


    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!!

    #78
    Two Picanahs on the 32" Weber kettle. Seasoned with Kinder's "The Blend" - salt, pepper and garlic. Turned out fantastic. Click image for larger version

Name:	20260628_181331.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	1863982

    Comment


    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful looking and I am sure they tasted great. Wife now loves that steak so will be doing more of them in the future. We just finished eating the rest of ours as I am typing this.

    • randy.56
      randy.56 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nicely done, welcome to the posting side.

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks perfect!

    #79
    Fried up a pork chop tonight, made some rice and used some gravy from Laura 2’s In Lafayette and some of her white beans as a side, darn good!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6470.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	1864036

    Comment


      #80
      I picked this Idori Wagyu Tomahawk from Creekstone Farms with the gift certificate synodog gave me for the 2025 Secret Santa. I got this lovely steak back in January with plans to cook it up soon. But beginning of February, I learned that I was going to be impacted by a restructure at my company where I had been for nearly 21 years. It was at that time that I said I would cook this once I had my new role secured. And after three months of being out of work, last week I accepted an offer to join a new company! So….tonight was the first night that weather/wind cooperated enough for me to fire up the kettle and cook this sucker up to celebrate my wife! A bit of a splurge when I bought this and it was such a generous gift from synodog I have to say thank you again! But I gotta say this Idori Wagyu was outstanding!!!!!! It’s been a while since I’ve cooked a ribeye and this may have ruined any ribeye I have in the future!

      But it was outstanding! Served with roasted brussels cooked in bacon grease as well as roasted fingerling potatoes. Such an enjoyable meal for my wife and I to celebrate a wonderful gift and my next step in my career!

      Getting the kettle up to temp and enjoying a cocktail!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0844.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	1864066

      up to temp and ready to cook

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0845.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	6.29 MB
ID:	1864070

      And starting that reverse sear to get the kiss of the flames!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0847.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	4.89 MB
ID:	1864069

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0849.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	5.63 MB
ID:	1864068

      and sliced and ready to serve!!!!!!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0851.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	1864067
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good, and good luck to you on your new job

      • Sid P
        Sid P commented
        Editing a comment
        Great cook, and congrats on the new position!

      • RhodeHog
        RhodeHog commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations on the new job! What a way to start!!

      #81
      Tonights cook was really good. I had a USDA prime rib primal from Costco that I broke down a while back. I kept the spinalis for later and trimmed the eye up so it was all meat. Sliced off a couple of 1-1/2 steaks rubbed down with "W" sauce and seasoned with Hardcore Carnivore Black. My wife made some quartered Yukon Gold potatoes with garlic slices and baked in the oven, a little salad and we were happy campers.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1483.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.85 MB ID:	1864076 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1484.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.87 MB ID:	1864075
      Last edited by wrgilb; June 29, 2026, 08:45 PM.

      Comment


      • HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, my kind of meal. I will have to consider carving my next rib roast as you did here. Nicely done!

      #82

      "Trisket" aka Tri Tip like a Brisket


      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2990.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1864083 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2993.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	1864082


      Comment


      • Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        You always get a serious smoke ring on your Traeger.

      #83
      Belated birthday dinner for BF. He loves lamb chops and Greek salad. Reverse sear with a hint of white oak.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	1864102



      Comment


      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Baby tomahawks!!!!!! Love these!

      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lamb is definitely one of my top favorites. Looks great!

      • Trunkmonkey
        Trunkmonkey commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the presentation. That must have been delicious.

      #84
      Redneck backyard chicken night. Cooked some chicken quarters on the Weber kettle last tonight. Did them a little different. Dusted with a rub and cooked indirect using FOGO lump charcoal. Here's where the redneck comes in..
      Basted with Carolina Treet during the cook, flipping a couple times. If you've never done a chicken cook with Carolina Treet you are missing out. This is straight up down east North Carolina chicken cooking.
      Finished directly over the coals then rested. Cherry wood used for smoke.
      The chicken was $7. Easy cheap dinner. Sides were fresh corn on the cob, macaroni salad, jalapeño poppers and a watermelon and feta salad (not redneck but necessary).
      I've been called a redneck all my life from friends and others.. I'll wear that badge with pride.
      Don't be skeered. Be a redneck and love life.
      Truck pic is my old F350 from 18 years ago.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-87918117.jpg Views:	12 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	1864181 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-1491770327.jpg Views:	12 Size:	855.5 KB ID:	1864177 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-1815732652.jpg Views:	12 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	1864183 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-1734399648.jpg Views:	12 Size:	977.7 KB ID:	1864180 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-420181527.jpg Views:	12 Size:	1,019.7 KB ID:	1864178 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-971601244.jpg Views:	12 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	1864179 Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-1232623093.jpg Views:	12 Size:	1.19 MB ID:	1864182

      Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1782791885571.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1864174

      Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1782791902561.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1864175

      Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1782791892294.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1864176

      Last edited by Hulagn1971; June 30, 2026, 09:03 AM.

      Comment


      • Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Hulagn1971 ! Can’t wait to try it, your pics look awesome!

      • Draznnl
        Draznnl commented
        Editing a comment
        Skimmed through looking at the pics before I read the write up. First thought was, “oh my, he cooked a truck.”

        Nice job on the chicken.

      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Draznnl nope, I never cooked the truck. It was a 6.0 diesel but I traded it in before it hit 100k miles 😁

      #85
      Filet and eggplant. Filet was great, eggplant was bitter

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260625_171245~2.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	1864371

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260625_182607~2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	1864372

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260625_182615~2.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	1864373

      Comment


      • theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice. Love the eggplant!

      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love eggplant.

      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        I have clean and butchered a number of birds and never found eggplants.

      #86
      My wife and I had a miscommnication issue today, realized this afternoon that we had no plan for something to eat tonight. We had a package of chopped brisket in the freezer so tacos were on the menu. My usual crappy photography, especially the second pic taking a picture with my left hand.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	186
Size:	378.3 KB
ID:	1864388​

      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	162
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1864389​

      Comment


      • klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks pretty good for crappy photography

      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Frozen Chopped brisket tacos. sounds and looks great.

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      #87
      I needed something cooked fast tonight as I had a Zoom meeting, but I had no leftovers.

      So a facsimile of a cheesesteak is what it is. I love these things....as they cook in just minutes, start to finish.

      First slice an onion (I used a mandolin) and get that going in a hot skillet with some oil....then add the meat (HEB has shaved beef) and season it up. Pay attention; this stuff cooks fast!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2330.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	1864410

      Then when the meat is nearly done, add the cheese (I use two half slices of American and one slice of Cheddar).....

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2331 2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	1864411

      Put the bread on....which you have toasted in your air fryer at 385 F for three minutes....

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2332 2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	1864409

      Scoop it up and enjoy!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2333 2.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	1864408

      So, so good. And for ~10 minutes start to finish, it is delicious.

      Comment


        #88
        Spicy teriyaki shrimp skewers on a Weber kettle. Steamed green beans and some sticky rice. Topped with a dash (a very generous dash) of Bachman's Spicy Sesame, and an equally generous dab of hoisin sauce on the rice. Served it with an inexpensive Santa Barbara Pinot Noir.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260628_185830.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	1864472

        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260628_190423.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	1864473

        Comment


          #89
          Smoked yard bird, quick whiskey baked beans, rye toast.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260701_185559.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	4.21 MB
ID:	1864663

          Comment


          • texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol yeah turkey, Swiss, bacon and dijon on rye is one of my favorite road sammiches. SheilaAnn

          • bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Those beans look amazing, so does the chicken.
            You done did good.

          • cruiseplanner1
            cruiseplanner1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I grill all my sandwiches on light rye from our local bakery. Takes the sandwich to a much higher level.

          #90
          My wife wanted some beef and remembered my dad used to marinate chuckies in Worcestershire sauce and then grill them. So did I. I still had two chuckies left from the last quarter, so I got one out on Tuesday and started the marinating. Brought it along to the lake house on Wednesday and grilled it on the Blaze on indirect heat, then finished on the sear burner. Not the most tender beef I've ever had, but it tasted good.

          Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260702_002959490.MP.jpg Views:	14 Size:	4.05 MB ID:	1864716 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260702_003100846.MP.jpg Views:	14 Size:	4.55 MB ID:	1864717 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260702_003600159.jpg Views:	14 Size:	3.70 MB ID:	1864718
          Last edited by Bogy; July 2, 2026, 08:47 AM.

          Comment


          • klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            I use Worcestershire as a binder instead of mustard. I use lots of the stuff. I love it.

          • theroc
            theroc commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. When we were young, we marinated chuck steaks in Worcestershire sauce and grilled fast. Not as chewy as the roasts, but the same great beef flavor.

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7