Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Birthday tomahawks for a family member wanted to cook for them., also did red wine sauted mushrooms

    Click image for larger version  Name:	3713.jpg Views:	13 Size:	5.85 MB ID:	1881552

    Click image for larger version  Name:	3715.jpg Views:	13 Size:	5.43 MB ID:	1881553

    Click image for larger version  Name:	3719.jpg Views:	12 Size:	4.78 MB ID:	1881554
    Last edited by Paintedr3d; August 31, 2026, 11:25 AM.

    Comment


    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Great cook!

    • Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy B'Day as well. That's a couple of hun worth of treat right there. I also like your cooking setup, may try that myself.

    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Yes Yes Perfection. 👍😎👍

    After posting fish pics the last few times I was ready for a steak. Bone-in Ribeye, the neighbors were all for it. Nope, did not share, much to their dismay. Turned out well but almost got away from me.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4502.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	6.09 MB
ID:	1881636
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4498.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	1881637

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4505.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	1881638

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s the char dreams are made of! 🍻

    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice flames... Made some tasty char. 😎

    ​

    I made some Smoked Pork Tenderloin today on the BGE this afternoon. I told my Wife it was Sandwich week with the garden tomatoes and peppers etc coming on pretty well. Since I will be slicing and eating this cold I took them up a little over 150* and they were still juicy and smoky! Seasoned with a local rub...Martin County Magic from the Martin County Minnesota Pork Producers.
    Last edited by Skip; August 31, 2026, 06:04 PM.

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure looks good! 🤪🙀🙃🤤😉

    Next cook with the Louisiana Blacken Seasoning. Rib eye done the same as the pork chop per Panhead John method. On Spirit side burner. About 3 minutes with a flip every minute or so. Tatars airfryed with SPG. It's a russet.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260831_185939.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	1881684

    Comment


    • Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d eat that!

    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice char on that steak! How was it?

    • RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John as you know the Cajun Seasoning makes it. A nice cut. Tender and delicious. Next a chicken thigh.

    So my Instacart shopper (it's a terrible habit; I'm trying to quit lol) made a mistake and I am....very thankful for it?

    I'm mentioned my love for HEB's crab-stuffed salmon and broccoli pre-made dishes before. Twenty-two minutes in the oven at 400 F and they are perfect. I knew I was getting late home yesterday, so I had my wife put in an order for one (and some other things, you gotta spread that delivery charge around, not to mention the 5% markup on everything).

    Well, my shopper got the wrong thing. At first I thought they had got me the two-pack of crab-stuffed salmon, just without the broccoli....but no, this is something different. Apparently HEB now carries a line of Cajun/Creole-inspired products called Bayou Boil House (similar to their existing Mi Tienda line for Mexican-style stuff).

    This was the usual salmon, but instead of stuffed with crab it was stuffed with cajun-seasoned crawfish and shrimp. Yes, please.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	188
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	1881734​

    I also noticed on the package that they are now including air fryer directions, so I did that. I had one last night and the second one tonight. 18 minutes at 320 F in the air fryer.

    They are good. They are really good. And $13 for both of them. I think they turn out better in the air fryer than a conventional oven. Just check out this color:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2544.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	1881735

    They've got a bit of heat to them and the crawfish is really good. Definitely cooking these again. Are they the best salmon I've ever had? No, but they are certainly better than many restaurant salmon plates I've had and only $6.50 and 18 minutes for a serving is a steal! (I had a salad to replace the missing broccoli lol.)

    Comment


    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve bought 3 of their in store made salads this past week, those ain’t bad neither! I really like their chicken Caesar salad, had some for dinner tonight.

    Sausage, kale and white bean stew. Kicked it up with fresh jalapenos from the garden.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260901_015027824.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	1881774

    Comment


    • Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      I want to eat that the day our first cold front comes through.

    • klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not a kale fan, but I could sub in collards. I have heard of this but it never sounded appetizing. Until you posted this pic. Now I am craving some. Great looking cook

    • theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers - Thanks. Yeah, any hearty green would work well in this stew. Collards would be great, although you might want to pre-ccok them a bit to get them tender.


    Ribeyes with grilled green onions from the garden

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260816_175439.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	1881879
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260816_175444.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	1881880
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260816_185835.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	1881881
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260816_191053.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	1881882

    Comment


    • Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d eat that!

    Another day, another Spam musubi:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260831_183236.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	1881894
    Just my DD and I for dinner, and we wrecked this. Steamed green beans on the side and lemon Jell-o for dessert. Homemade teriyaki sauce again. I'm getting better at making this, so that good. She saved 1 musubi to pack in her lunch for school today, smart girl.

    Comment


    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Pair that with PBR and Root Beer for the schoolgirl--for the win.
      Mug Old Fashion Root Beer none the less.

    • klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. I am going to send this pic to my daughter in Hawaii. She is a sushi fan and is getting very well acquainted with spam.

    • HotSun
      HotSun commented
      Editing a comment
      bbqLuv , +1 on the root beer.
      klflowers , my old boss had it when he was in Hawaii earlier this year. He said you can find it anywhere and was one of the more affordable snacks.

      Sharing the recipe again: https://playswellwithbutter.com/spam-musubi-recipe/

    I got my first Cast Iron Skillet so I could do this cook. I was pretty happy how this turned out overall. Pork T-Bone Chops cooked in butter with a blackened spice kit that was copied from a video by ATK (America's Test Kitchen). The meat got to temp before the char that I wanted developed but it was very tasty anyway. The side was inspired by the Crash Hot Potatoes recipe. Yellow spuds, melted butter and shredded parmesan.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	6D84FB95-15BD-45CD-9BD1-30E0E4BE258F.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	1882038
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BBB132FB-F682-4979-BF7E-82186814AFC0.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	1882039 Click image for larger version

Name:	8C67AF7C-0E80-436B-A251-75F3948B96EA.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1882040

    Comment


      Finally did that lake perch tonight. Meh! I’ve only ever done beer battered fish (cod or halibut) or blackened (salmon, tuna). And the occasional miso glazed sea bass. Served with broccoli slaw and homemade tartar. Forgive the bitten photo. Took two bites and remembered to snap the picture.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0503.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	4.18 MB
ID:	1882056

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        barelfly not GF

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        yep…when I googled saw that and said no “wondra” I don’t know about it….


        I’ll see my self out…..

      • texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that like the off brand wonder bra?

      Sous vide a couple of bone-in pork chops. Seared in CI with a pan sauce.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260902_022911439.MP.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	1882070

      Comment


      • klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        I did this a couple days ago. Can’t beat sv chops imo. Looks excellent

      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        What was your water temp? Those look delicious.

      • theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        @Hulagn 1971 - thanks. Water temp was 140F.

      Hump Half-pound Hamburger Day!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3236.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	1882247

      Comment


      • texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Good looking salad

      One inch bone in pork chops. Dry brined with Kosher salt about 3 hours. SV 4 hours @135. Then let rest in fridge for 3-4 hours. Tuffy's rub on one side only as it is a little spicy. Pellet grill cooking as low as it will go about 1.5 hours . Removed @140 IT. Very pleased with results.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4682.jpg Views:	15 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	1882272​
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4683.jpg Views:	15 Size:	78.0 KB ID:	1882273​
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4685.jpg Views:	15 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	1882274​
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4686.jpg Views:	15 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	1882275Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4687.jpg Views:	15 Size:	83.3 KB ID:	1882276​​
      Last edited by randy.56; September 2, 2026, 08:32 PM.

      Comment


      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice!

      After the big lunch at El Pinto with 58limited this afternoon and then a drive to the lake….I went with a light dinner…because I knew David was going to have ribs and a burger for dinner - 😂 grilled a few of these, one for tonight and one for lunch tomorrow!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1253.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1882291

      Comment


        Not cooked yet. Coming up on Labor Day. The official last Q weekend. Yea right. I pulled 3 racks of St Louis cut ribs out of the freezer. Planning on a Friday cook on the Pit Barrel, weather is a bit suspect for the weekend. I have no idea if/who from family will show up. They know what is here. I'll certainly send them pictures.

        Comment

        Announcement

        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        0
        Guest
        Guest
        500
        ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
        7