Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260621_164117.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	1861507 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260621_165306.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	1861506
    It was an overcast day yesterday and I had leftover Turkey from a Turkey Breast that I had Smoked last week so I made Turkey Pot Pie with Bisquick Biscuits on top. It's kind of a winter time meal but still tasted really good...even in the summer! Served with Pickled Beets and Grapes. I'm liking my Misen Enameled CI Pan.

    Comment


    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nicely done!

    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha! Man that looks good!!!!! Even in the summer!

    • Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Comfort food at its best.

    #17
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260621_081231.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	3.60 MB
ID:	1861562
    4 hours into the cook.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260621_182237.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	1861563

    For fathers day we put on some Beef Ribs. These were the biggest I have seen. Took 14 hours to cook.

    Comment


    • jhedges983
      jhedges983 commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW!!!! Very nice.

    #18
    Dino beautiful

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Deros69 is that a collar or super cool coloring on the kittle?

    • Deros69
      Deros69 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's Emmie, all natural beauty

    #19
    First time making ribs on the new Yoder 480 (new to me at least, my dad passed it down to me). So I went with the Last Meal ribs with Memphis Dust and a glaze made from Trader Joe's KC Style sauce, beer, ACV, and Memphis Dust, plus the brown sugar / butter / ACV & Beer mix that went into the foil packet for wrapping.

    Best ribs I have ever made, everyone in the family loved them and requested them again in a couple days haha

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3991.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	1861654

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3992.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	4.43 MB
ID:	1861655

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3993.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	5.59 MB
ID:	1861656


    Comment


    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look great. Good work on them

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks very good!

    • jayjordan
      jayjordan commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful, great color

    #20
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2034.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	3.47 MB
ID:	1861677 Found some nice small cuts of skin on pork belly at the local grocery so we did an open fire cook with them. Took about 4 hours to get them perfect. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1872.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	1861676 The skin crisped up nicely and the meat was super tender!

    Comment


    • JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m in love with that rig. Beautiful. And beautiful crispy skin on that pork belly - Damn!

    • Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't stop thinking about that setup. Feed the flame!

    • Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool setup!

    #21
    Smoked a chuck roast with Mesquite for tacos. Combined beef broth, can of crushed tomatoes, garlic cloves, Anaheim pepper, cumin, onions, fresh squeezed orange and limes and heated that with an hour to go on the meat. Once it hit 205 I shredded the beef and put in the sauce. Here is a picture of the finished product and no one left hungry. Absolutely awesome Click image for larger version

Name:	Beef Berria.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	698.7 KB
ID:	1861700 !

    Comment


    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a ton of flavor in that there pan, for sure! It looks delicious.

      Kathryn

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will be smoking a chuckie Friday along with one pork shoulder. And a Pichanta steak.

    #22
    Dueling Rib Steaks with my homemade beef rub, cooked on an Oklahoma Joe's gas unit. Alder chips in a smoke packet. Steamed broccoli florets dusted with grated parmesan cheese for the side.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	8EFDB731-3705-4A37-90ED-9DE115524514.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	1861764 Click image for larger version

Name:	B69D7DA2-6884-424E-A540-9A077080AC23.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	1861765 Click image for larger version

Name:	1754A021-0550-4EC6-9D97-449EBAF20460.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	1861766

    Comment


      #23
      Trimmed and dry brined this 7.5lb slab of Dino ribs, overnight. Cooked on the KJ at 250°, until 203° internal, about 9 hours. Tried KJ lump charcoal, for the first time and was impressed with the burn time. Still had half a chimney full left, after the cook. Used post oak chunks for smoke.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7552.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	1861783

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7555.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	7.13 MB
ID:	1861784

      Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	4.70 MB
ID:	1861785

      Comment


      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        A perfect summertime dinner. Good work!

        Kathryn

      • JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Oooh. Looks good.

      • Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Yessire!!

      #24
      Pork belly burnt ends for Father's Day snacking. I used Henrick's Pork and Poultry rub with a bit of Meat Church's dia de la Fajita mixed in then glazed them with Kinder's Original BBQ sauce.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260621_181004.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	4.54 MB
ID:	1861801

      Comment


      #25
      Peruvian marinated roast chicken with sweet potatoes and cauliflower.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260623_014532837.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	1861805

      Comment


      • Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks really good!

      #26
      So wanted to do dinner for me and my lady but also needed to know if vortex wings were legit and not all hype. They are great! However I don't know if they are better than pit barrel wings, but they cooked faster because I didn't need to add 8lbs of charcoal like using the pit barrel.

      But from the time I lit the charcoal it took maybe 40 min to get to temp.and I feel that's on par with. My old pit boss pellet grill.. and I wasn't even trying to be perfect..

      That's the beauty of being a member. All the info we need is here. Very happy with the results

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260622_195508.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	5.31 MB
ID:	1861816

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260622_221457.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	1861817

      Click image for larger version

Name:	3445 (1).jpg
Views:	231
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	1861818

      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260622_201235.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	6.25 MB
ID:	1861819

      Comment


      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice way to dirty up that clean cooking grate with your combo meal of wings and porterhouse.

        Kathryn

      #27
      I feel very humbled following all the early summer pics….. lettuce, tomato and avocado salad with bacon bits and croutons.

      🤪🤪🤪

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0358.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	1861823

      and I do celebrate the summer in style with only the finest serviceware.

      Comment


      • Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks very good!

      • jayjordan
        jayjordan commented
        Editing a comment
        My favorite time of the year is fresh tomato season- wife and I eat a lot of tomato sandwiches. Sliced tomatoes and Dukes mayo on white bread.
        And your dinnerware is perfect for that, we ate tomato sandwiches off cheap white paper plates earlier in the week.

      #28
      Weekend was taken up with Father's Day, kitchen cabinet painting (Serenity Now!), and the kids wanting to "go out to eat". At least it was Texas Roadhouse, and not Olive Garden!

      So with the kitchen being in disarray, I did get to use the Blackstone more times than usual, but nothing I'd worry about posting here. Last night, I had some thawed chicken thighs in the fridge just begging to go on the Weber.

      Prepped up with this rub I picked up from Pensy's called "Revolution". I think I've used it before but don't remember on what. The printing on the bottle was no help figuring that out (talks about 'Merica stuff), so I gave it a sniff and a taste, then decided it was worth trying out. Pecan and Apple wood for the smoke, Rotisserie for the win!

      Oiled and seasoned:

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6249.jpg Views:	4 Size:	6.60 MB ID:	1861881

      Halfway there:

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6252.jpg Views:	4 Size:	5.24 MB ID:	1861879

      Off the smoker to cool:

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6253.jpg Views:	4 Size:	6.78 MB ID:	1861880

      These came out great! Took them to about 180-185 and the seasoning was pretty tasty. Nice and crispy too! I really like that rotisserie. Didn't get to plate one up, I don't typically eat much later in the evening, so some went to work with me today for lunch. Maybe if I think about it, I'll add a photo once I get one on the plate.

      Edit:

      Got a few plated up for lunch. No sides, too much going on today to bother, plus I got nuttin' here at work. Still juicy, the skin wasn't quite as crisp as last night fresh off the grill, but I expect that. Still perfectly edible.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6258.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	3.84 MB
ID:	1861945
      Last edited by dpearce; June 23, 2026, 10:55 AM.

      Comment


      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice job! Those birdie thighs look so delicious.

        Kathryn

      #29
      Last night was yardbird on the SnS ..... 90 minutes at 325F and a bit of applewood .... served with pasta salad on the back pa


      ​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1130.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	1861921
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1131.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	5.71 MB
ID:	1861922
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1132.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	1861920

      Comment


      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Some good yardbird right there!

      • Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice birdie!

      #30
      Got my hands on some US prime ribeyes...
      Served with potatoes mushrooms, broccolini and homemade bearnaise sauce..
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260623_162155.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	1861963 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260623_180611.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	1861965 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260623_180611.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	1861967 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260623_181437.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	1861966 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260623_183937.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	1861962 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260623_184122.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	1861964

      Comment


      • Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        SUPER-PRIME!!!

      • JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Elton! Congrats on an amazing cook. And congrats on Norway getting through to the knockout stage. Gotta say I’m in love with your countrymen. They’ve completely taken over NYC w their rowing cheers - Time Square, the subway trains, everywhere! It’s the best. The game last night in the Meadowlands was like a home game -a wall of red! Hardly a Senegalese in site. 🇳🇴🇳🇴

      • Elton's BBQ
        Elton's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, JCBBQ 🍻

        The cook was easier than keeping track of all the Norwegians invading NYC! 😂 We're a peaceful people... until someone hands us a rowing oar and a football jersey. Then suddenly we're chanting our way through Times Square, taking over subway cars, and turning the Meadowlands into "Little Oslo."

        Don't worry, we'll clean up after ourselves. We always recycle our beer cans.. 😄
        Last edited by Elton's BBQ; June 25, 2026, 06:25 AM. Reason: grammar fubar

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7