Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fuschia Dunlop 's Fish Fragrant Eggplant a/k/a Eggplant in Garlic Sauce. Side of plain jasmine rice.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260830_000319230.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	1881088 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260830_001118277.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	1881089

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you deep fry or shallow fry your egg plant? Looks and sounds incredible.

    • Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz - I deep fried it They were Chinese eggplants which I quartered lengthwise and then cut each quarter in half.
      Last edited by Dewesq55; September 4, 2026, 02:00 PM.

    • texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Worlds largest berry there.

    After checking to make sure my sauerkraut in the fridge was ok….it was on!!!!!!!! Hahaha. Last week was pastrami and Swiss….tonight pastrami and kraut and this kraut just make this sammich so much better! Oh gosh! Hahah. cruiseplanner1 this would be right up your ally! 😎

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1244.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	1881098

    Comment


    • texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      The things id do for one of those

    • Finster
      Finster commented
      Editing a comment
      How can you tell if your sauerkraut isn't "ok"?
      I have a half jar of homemade that I made about months 6 ago that got pushed to the back of the fridge and forgotten about. I'm 😱 to try it at this point

    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Finster - I read up on the interwebs - and everything said if it’s covered in liquid, shows no signs of yuckies and smells like kraut, it is ok. I don’t know how old mine is…2 years probably. The seal was solid and it smelled like great kraut and had no signs of any nasty. So…that’s how I went about it.

    Fired up the Recteq today to host 20 friends from church. Brined boneless turkey breasts, then rubbed with Kosmos Q Dirty Bird, 2 hours at 300 Also did 4 tri-tips (a 12-tip 😁) brisket style, covered with Sucklebusters 1816 and wrapped with homemade tallow. 5 hours at 250. Loved the look of the smoke ring on the beef.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260829_114107~2.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	1881125

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260829_165931~2.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	1881126

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260829_165314~3.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	1881127

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260829_162925~2.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	1881128

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260829_163403.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	1881129

    Comment


    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      What a great cook! I bet all that meat disappeared fast.

      I love seeing a pretty smoke ring.

      Kathryn

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes looks wonderful. Amazing to cook for so many. And I am concerned about my smoking for fourteen next weekend at our annual deck party. Always worry but it always turns out well.

    Chicken thighs on the Weber kettle with vortex. Brined with Meat Church Bird Baptism. Seasoned with Meat Church Deez Nuts. Chunk of apple wood over the vortex. Dipped in Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce. Cook time approximately 1 hour at 350-375. Very moist and delicious.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3231.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.52 MB ID:	1881138
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3233.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.05 MB ID:	1881139
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3234.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.81 MB ID:	1881137

    Comment


    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the β€œdipped” in comment! I watched a MeatChurch video this week and he dipped the butterflied chicken legs in a Yeti cup full of bbq sauce!

      Yours looks like some good ol yardbird!!!!!

    • jayjordan
      jayjordan commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly - I might seen that video as well. πŸ˜‰

    • valvoline10fan
      valvoline10fan commented
      Editing a comment
      after seeing this recipe jayjordan im going to do this for sunday dinner tonight , i love to bbq chicken thighs on my performer too ! hopefully mine come out as good as yours !

    Seared panko-crusted albacore loin on the plancha. Served with furikake rice and quick pickled cucumbers.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260830_014600023.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	1881143

    Comment


    • Carolyn
      Carolyn commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks like a dish you would get in a high-class restaurant. πŸ‘

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks beautiful and cooked to perfection. You always have nice cooks and different sides and sauces, not as much as the traditional I see on here. Look forward to your posts.

    Well, Yvonne REALLY needed a grandkid fix this weekend. So we got one batch of kids on Friday night, and another batch all day Saturday (and I mean ALL day. About 11am until 10:45pm!).

    Friday night's menu, post swimming, was basic fare - burgers, brats, corn, and some crinkle fries in the oven.

    Ran Friday on the SNS Kamado, with briquettes, because that is all I have at the moment....

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6469 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.59 MB ID:	1881160


    And boy did it produce a TON of smoke. Been a while since I did a pure charcoal cook. Not sure if the smoke was due to the charcoal or just the drippings hitting the lit coals.... even the corn tasted smoky!

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6470 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.98 MB ID:	1881163

    For Saturday's crew, they got leftover burgers and brats and corn for lunch, then I hung two chickens (split) on the PBX, and ran them about an hour and 20 minutes, to perfection, also grilling yet MORE corn on the Weber Genesis this time...

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6476 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.29 MB ID:	1881161

    And the results speak for themselves.... Yvonne worked hard on salad (well washed and not from a Taylor bag!!!), and chocolate dipped strawberries.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6479 (1).jpg Views:	9 Size:	4.36 MB ID:	1881162

    And as always, that PBC/PBX chicken is JUICY! Look at the cutting board with what's left of the first chicken...

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6482 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.93 MB ID:	1881164

    That PBX has become my go-to chicken machine. I am sure I will fire up the Vortex on the kettle for wings and such, but the crispy skin and still juicy breasts with the PBC style chicken, and the flavor itself, is a game changer. It is Yvonne's favorite chicken, so well worth the entry price of $160 into the PBC cult!

    Hope everyone else has as good of a weekend. The only think marring ours was that Yvonne could no go outside and swim with the kiddos like she wanted (leg wounds, and too hot to sit out there if you were not in the water). She held sleeping babies inside though...
    Last edited by jfmorris; August 30, 2026, 07:39 AM.

    Comment


    • klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a beautiful spread.

    • texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Chicken master

    • Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      She's fortunate to have such a great pitmaster to cook for her! I know that chicken is out of this world great.

    This was yesterday's meal. Not the best image with a somewhat light Γ‰touffΓ©e on top of a yellow towel. Looks like one of those bad restaurant menu pics. 😬

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6696.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	4.59 MB
ID:	1881216

    Comment


    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      YUM!!!!!

    • Carolyn
      Carolyn commented
      Editing a comment
      theroc barelfly Thank you.

    • Carolyn
      Carolyn commented
      Editing a comment
      cruiseplanner1 Thanks.
      My hobby is photography, so I tend to be kind of hard on myself when I post images.

    Competition practice yesterday...Ribs on the PBX and Chicken on the PBC...

    Taste was pretty good but need to work on timing and appearance...

    Next week going to add turn-in box building...I would have done that but I bought the wrong size boxes...

    ETA...I would have done box building this week but when I went to put the meat in the already garnished boxes I realized I bought boxes that were too small and wouldn't hold everything, so now I have whole stack of clamshell containers. Correct boxes are on order from Amazon...

    Click image for larger version  Name:	791465586_18454985095142138_8718452655268664677_n.jpg Views:	9 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	1881229
    Click image for larger version  Name:	790591464_18454985074142138_3868155419236256511_n.jpg Views:	9 Size:	968.7 KB ID:	1881228
    Click image for larger version  Name:	790591464_18454985104142138_4722574624318132677_n.jpg Views:	9 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	1881230
    Click image for larger version  Name:	790268647_18454985065142138_3601766923137433802_n.jpg Views:	9 Size:	699.9 KB ID:	1881227
    Last edited by BKYDBBQ; August 30, 2026, 12:07 PM.

    Comment


    • jayjordan
      jayjordan commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d eat that….regardless of the box!

    • BKYDBBQ
      BKYDBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      jayjordan they were pretty tasty...

    • Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing your competition journey. As for the wrong size containers, I guess you’ll have a lifetime of to-go boxes for guestsπŸ‘πŸΌ

    5 lb. Dino ribs from a local butcher with BBBR. Smoked with oak for about 5 hrs, then wrapped in a warm oven for an hour while the sides finished. Home grown potatoes and sweet and sour slaw.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	0a8e5018-75ac-4426-ae43-bbd8801710ae.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.90 MB ID:	1881266 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260830_124925.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.97 MB ID:	1881264 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260830_132133.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.68 MB ID:	1881267 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260830_132310.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.17 MB ID:	1881265 Click image for larger version  Name:	20260830_132513.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.46 MB ID:	1881263

    Comment


    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Crazy good color on those ribs!

    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet this was great sippin the Four Roses with it!

    • Zman23
      Zman23 commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly nothing like a nice bourbon to balance the richness of a barbecued beef rib!

    Thai Green Curry Shrimp with jasmine rice. It was my first time eating green curry. It was delicious and SPICY!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260830_223219686.jpg Views:	19 Size:	4.83 MB ID:	1881371

    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20260830_224504875.jpg Views:	19 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	1881372
    Last edited by Dewesq55; August 30, 2026, 08:14 PM.

    Comment


      What to do when you are too lazy to cook lunch? Tomato sandwich with dukes mayo, Swiss, pickled red onions and black pepper. I was too lazy to toast the bread lol
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260830_124838.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1881379 M

      Comment


      • texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Throw out the veg, add some fried baloney, put mayo on BOTH sides of the sammich and toast it. Garnish with a squeeze of mustard on the inside with fritos on the side.

      • klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        texastweeter if my dr saw this she would suggest i never talk to you again

      • texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah I keep her in business

      Yardbird rubbed down with Heath Riles garlic jalapeΓ±o and a couple of sweet potatoes! This yardbird was outstanding!!!!!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1250.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	6.20 MB
ID:	1881393

      Comment


        Ribs on the smoker

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2437.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	1881414

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2438.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	1881415

        Comment


        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

        • bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Bark, smoke ring, PBR delight.
          Ribs done right.

        Bison 🦬 Chuck on my Karubecue.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7363.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	1881475

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7354.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	5.19 MB
ID:	1881476

        Comment


        • bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Great smoke picture.

        • Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          AWESOME COOK!

        • Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome!

        Finally got around to trying out the all purpose chili recipe from the free side.

        Decided to use my Dutch oven I'd gotten for Christmas, and hadn't used yet. (FYI, also used it to render beef tallow this weekend, no pics). Used the vortex on the Weber for direct heat. Didn't want to slow the cook down too much with a long indirect cook as time was a little limited. Which means, you gotta stir a bit. Don't want stuff sticking to the bottom.

        I did "slightly" alter the recipe. I added a pound of Italian sausage to the mix, then doubled all the other ingredients and spices. That seemed to work out pretty well! Great flavor, had lots of compliments on it, and will definitely be trying it again.

        Prepping everything up. There's two onions, and three red peppers, since I was using 2 pounds instead of the 1 pound of meat the recipe calls for:

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6350.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	5.06 MB
ID:	1881498

        Cooked the ground beef/sausage mixture right on the grill, added some hickory for smoke:

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6352.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	6.08 MB
ID:	1881499

        Looking good about 2 hours in:

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6354.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	1881496

        After about 3 hours, everything tasted really (really!) good, so I took it off the Weber and let it cool down just a bit on the stove indoors. House smelled phenominal!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6355.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	6.01 MB
ID:	1881500

        A little bit of shredded cheddar and sour cream, and it was time to eat:

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6356.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	1881497

        Definitely, a good chili mixture. Slightly different than my mom's recipe, but good nonetheless. I usually add a little bit of cayenne pepper to the mix, since my parents were a little on the bland side. Did not add any this time, as I wanted to compare as close as I could.

        And yes, there are pinto beans in it. Sorry Texans, but I do intend to do a full on true Texas recipe at some point (Brisket chili, for sure).

        Comment


        • jayjordan
          jayjordan commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks delicious. I’m so looking forward to cooler weather to make chili, soups and gumbo again.

        • dpearce
          dpearce commented
          Editing a comment
          jayjordan why wait? Oddly enough, my boss, my co-worker, and I literally made chili last weekend. What Are the chances?

        • texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          You had me up until beans...

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7