Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Went with one of my wife’s favorite’s for dinner.

    Steamed shrimp served over noodles and a Beurre Blanc sauce, topped with a bit of fresh chive..

    Beurre blanc sauce broke at the last second, but i think i know what i did wrong, i followed Kenji’s this time, i loved the amount of shallot he used. https://www.seriouseats.com/beurre-blanc-recipe-7643412


    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6433.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	1880271

    Comment


    • klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't afford the motorhome either

    • surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good.

      When I was looking for a new 3qt saucier not too long ago, All-Clad didn’t have it in stock. They’re my go-to pans of choice. Anyway, needed one and needed it fairly quick. So rather than wait for them to return to stock, I ordered a Made In. So far, so good. I’ve been pleased with it. I would happily order another one of their pans. And it works with my induction cooktop.

      FWIW, 3qt is THE ultimate size for a saucier. 2qt & smaller are very limiting IMO, and 4qt+ are unwieldy.

    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers after a bunch of searching, i ordered this. My wife had some sort of app that took off the shipping, and reduced the price to 134, with tax it ended up being 142 and change. For a 300 dollar pan, it seemed like a smart buy, graphite will lighten it a bit. I have bought all of my all-clads through these sales. https://homeandcooksales.com/index.p...5-quart-1.html
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; September 13, 2026, 07:11 AM.

    Trying out BGE Pizza Wedges with home made dough, sauce, peperoni, salami, and lomo.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	cooking.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1880273
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cooking close.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1880274
    Click image for larger version

Name:	plated.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1880275

    Definitely tasty

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🍕💗

    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice... 😎

    Dusted skirt steak with Meat Church Holy Voodoo and seared fast on the gasser. Served with slow roasted black kale and some leftover rice.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260827_024002350.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	1880452
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260827_024952007.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	1880453

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I love a great skirt steak, the whole plate looks so good.

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovely color

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfecto.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7106.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	6.46 MB
ID:	1880521 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7098.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	6.63 MB
ID:	1880520 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7105.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	6.37 MB
ID:	1880519 Today was beef plate ribs day at my house.

    I had a rack of prime grade from Wild Fork. Trimmed and seasoned with Meatheads Red Meat Rub and Dry Brine yesterday afternoon. On the Recteq at 7:30 AM running at 250 degrees. Pulled at 3:00 PM, wrapped in butcher paper, and held in the kitchen oven for 2 hours on the “keep warm” setting. Served at 5:00. Yum. My favorite Q as I have said here often. And so easy too. 👍

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      No doubt one of the absolute favorites of mine. King of bbq for me.

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a rack and a half of beef ribs I will be smoking next weekend. Those are so good

    Tonight's dinner.
    I've posted this before but its been awhile, so here it is again...
    Inspired by Tuffy Stone.
    4lb chicken split. Tuffy's game hen rub. Finished with his Spicy Apricot Glaze.
    Apple chips in the smoke packet.
    Side was yellow corn, white hominy, onions, green peppers, jalapenos and the usual Tex-Mex spices.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	FAA771A5-16AF-4D4F-89E0-8DE2ADC6C39E.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	1880530
    Click image for larger version

Name:	82D0544E-F8F5-4497-9C50-BD78A4E71C4E.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	1880531 Click image for larger version

Name:	635AE226-9D5B-44A4-A8C1-34B70B016166.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	1880532 Click image for larger version

Name:	F9D4245C-C442-440A-AE34-11054FABF9D5.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	1880533

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks killer

    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Let’s talk about that apricot glaze……

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Smoked chicken is bomb. I always did the split fryers like you but this year we have a butcher shop that will cut your meats anyway you want so I told them to spatchcock four for me. Been doing that all summer now. Much more even cook. We all love the smoked chicken. I ruin the skin by dry brining it the night before but the meat is so tender and juicy we don't care.

    SheilaAnn
    Here ya go.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3FEF0C11-B3DB-4CBF-9BB9-AE968B092956.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	1880668

    Comment


      Todays project is smoking a pork shoulder and a full packer brisket. Went to the store and they had Black Angus whole packers for $5.49 lb so of course I grabbed one. Here are a couple pictures of the start. Dry brined them last night and dry rubbed them this morning. I do nothing fancy with rubs I always use the Memphis Dust on our pork and the Big Bad Beef rub on beef cuts. They taste good so I do not look further. I also cut the thin end of the flat off to smoke seperately as I know it will come to temp quicker. First pic is getting ready and second pic is pulling to wrap. The flat was already stalled then wrapped with foil I wrapped the two big pieces with butcher paper. Will post the final whenever it finishes. Hopefully before midnight....... Click image for larger version

Name:	Brisket 1.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	619.6 KB
ID:	1880735 Click image for larger version

Name:	Brisket 2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	748.2 KB
ID:	1880736

      Comment


      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sun was shining in on the grates and made them look brighter than they were

      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet you had a ton of fun doing that cook. Everything looks and sounds wonderful.

        Kathryn

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7560.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.05 MB ID:	1880803 3 Dog Night! on the Taylor River! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7562.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	1880804
      Last edited by smokenoob; August 28, 2026, 06:55 PM.

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        With copious amounts of mustard!!! On dem fancy plates!

      • smokenoob
        smokenoob commented
        Editing a comment
        SheilaAnn haha I knew I could flush you out with a mustard dog! 🤣

      Blackened chicken breast and a Greek salad……. If you’re looking for a way to put the giddyup on a chicken breast, this is it. Tender, juicy and full of flavor!

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6675.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.00 MB ID:	1880807

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6679.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	1880806


      Last edited by Panhead John; August 29, 2026, 06:05 AM.

      Comment


        Followed the basic bacon recipe from AR. Beef on the left, pork on the right. Sooooo good!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260828_201403.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	5.05 MB
ID:	1880812 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260828_201542.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	4.76 MB
ID:	1880814 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260828_202005.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	1880813

        Comment


        • smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          Zoundz great! Lookz great!

        • cruiseplanner1
          cruiseplanner1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Both look great. Never heard of beef bacon before but if it tastes as good as it looks a winner for sure.

        Our neighbor gave us 94,000 peaches from her backyard, so I tossed some in Sucklebusters Sugar Daddy and threw 'em on the grill.

        Meanwhile, on the other side of the grill, I believe in using the whole animal. Which is to say, both the belly and the sausageous italianus muscle. 😂

        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260828_194517~2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	1880823

        Click image for larger version

Name:	20260828_195602~2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	1880824

        Comment


        • Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Lotta muscle in that group.

        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          🤣🤣🤣

        • fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Great cook!

          Kathryn

        Tonight: Biscuits and Debris. Kent Rollins' Cathead Biscuits (I added 1 C cheddar and a big handful of diced Hatch chile); sausage and Hatch cream gravy; topped with shredded Dino Rib meat.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	biscuits and debris1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	1880827
        Click image for larger version

Name:	biscuits and debris2.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	1880826


        Comment


        • SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          I say, gol dang!!!

        • Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Star Gazer pan is so underrated. I use mine all the time.

        • fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Comfort on a plate.

        I (somehow!) survived the first week of classes. Man, it always takes a bit to get back into the swing of things. It also has been as hot as the surface of the sun outside.

        Much hugging. (It's a thing. We haven't seen most of us for nearly three months.)

        I love our freshmen....they bring everything including the kitchen sink to their dorm room. It's okay, I did the same thing. Now, seniors......they are living it up! This is our centennial year....and you can tell them, too.....the show up with.....basically just a backpack? (Granted, I did the same!) I love it!

        After five days of eating horribly, I decided to at least try to do a decent dinner. Pork tenderloin dry-brined in Holy Cow for three hours, grilled on the pellet grill, served with Pioneer Gravy (if I remember right, Panhead John clued me into this, the dollar more over McCormicks is worth it!), and a small salad.

        This is my wife's plate, so it has ranch dressing. Mine was just olive oil and salt and more tomatoes. Also, these air fryer hash brown finger-things from HEB are killer. Yum!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2541.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	3.47 MB
ID:	1880855

        Comment


        • glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          The hash brown things, do they have an onion flavor? Kwikstar/Kwiktrip up here sells hashbrown sticks that look like that with a pretty hefty onion powder ratio and are very tasty.

        • Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          glitchy Not really, but I suspect there is a little of that seasoning in there. Onion-powder flavor forward hash browns does sound really tasty!

        Finally cooked some ribs on the Searwood that came out really good. They got gobbled up.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6702.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	6.35 MB
ID:	1880886 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6703.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	5.82 MB
ID:	1880885

        Comment


        • cruiseplanner1
          cruiseplanner1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang I hope mine turn out that nice next weekend! Nice work there

        • fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          They look great. Were you happy with the amount of smoke deposited on those ribs?

          Kathryn

        • LegoMySearwood
          LegoMySearwood commented
          Editing a comment
          @fzkdoc I thought they had pretty good smoke actually. I think next time I will use my new stainless steel Rollbox and also do smoke boost for 30 minutes at the start and see if it makes a difference.

        Here is the final results of my smokin' adventure yesterday. Not sure that I will do a shoulder and packer brisket at the same time again. Dang that was some work. Had a good dinner last night with the brisket slices on some tortillas. The larger point was held until 4 am this morning along with the shoulder and I was up working on them this morning. Just put on a pot of homemade baked beans and used some of the meat from the flat that finished up early for dinner last night. Those should be ready around 5 tonight. Didn't get picttures of the brisket before slicing this morning. I guess I need a new camera as it does not take that clear of pictures close up. But boy was that pulled pork great. Did make a small Vinegar sauce and put on. Was snacking on that pork with my coffee about 5. Dang good
        Click image for larger version

Name:	brisket 3.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	531.3 KB
ID:	1880917 Click image for larger version

Name:	brisket 4.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	599.3 KB
ID:	1880918

        Comment


        • fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          What a job that cook was, but I bet it was still fun. Hope you got caught up on your sleep.

          Kathryn

        • cruiseplanner1
          cruiseplanner1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Kathryn, well I did take a slight nap today which is unusual. Must have been the rain...

      Announcement

      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      0
      Guest
      Guest
      500
      ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
      7