Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Well this doesn’t quite qualify as cooking because you don’t actually cook anything, but my heirloom tomatoes are coming in fast so I tried making gazpacho.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7395.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	1884751

    The only time I’ve had it was on vacation in Florida and it was delicious, but everything tastes good when you’re on vacation in Florida. I’d give this recipe a solid B. I don’t know exactly what it was lacking vs. my expectations, but I may try to doctor this up a bit or just try a new one next time. . Here is the recipe. If you have any suggestions or tweaks please share!

    Everything I've learned living in Spain about how to make the BEST authentic, delicious, tomato gazpacho recipe -- in just 15 minutes!

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve never made it, so I have no tips. This looks amazing!

    • barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks good!

    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks fantastic!

    Before the chimp went up in flames I planned on using it for more pastrami and a chuckie. Since i already had the meat ready to go, I just fired up the Bronco. I have some oakridge carne costa left so that went on the chuck. Came out pretty good
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260910_094904.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	1884856 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260910_100410.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1884855 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260910_190211.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1884853 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260910_200205.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1884854 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260910_200412.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1884852

    Comment


    • TheAmazingJohnJ
      TheAmazingJohnJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Those both look legit!

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6757.jpg Views:	79 Size:	4.51 MB ID:	1884863
    Easy tonight. Frozen hamburgers and store bought Arby curly fries. The burgers were reverse seared over charcoal on the Performer using the Smart ring blowing like crazy on the coals while the bacon cooked on the Searwood like you would in the oven. The oven had the curly fries. Made GLOP sauce which my children refuse to use that term so they call it awesome sauce. I’m a Dr Pepper fan and I love this limited edition flavor.

    Comment


    • dpearce
      dpearce commented
      Editing a comment
      The glop sauce is awesome, so they aren't wrong!

    SV pan seared pork chops. Pan sauce with reducing chardonnay and fresh lemon juice down with shallot & garlic, then finished with cold butter and mushrooms., had a side plate of tomatoes, feta, …

    Click image for larger version  Name:	253318E3-3D8C-4117-8292-3B4EFFE9C0BD.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	1884865

    Comment


    • Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re killing me with these pan sauces!

    My son and I have had fun collecting and trying as many different barbecue rubs that we can find in local stores. Tonight we smoked boneless chicken thighs, each one rubbed with something different. I meant it as meal prep for three or four days, but he's 15, so hopefully there will be a piece left over for me tomorrow. We find that we tend to prefer Meat Church brand and sweeter profiles.

    For anyone interested, starting in the top left corner, then working down...

    Blues Hog - Original
    Dan-O's - Outlaw Sweet and Tangy
    Hardcore Carnivore - Tex Mex
    Heath Riles - Competition
    (2nd column)
    Heath Riles - Sweet BBQ
    Killer Hogs - The BBQ Rub
    Kosmo's Q - Dirty Bird
    Kosmo's Q - Honey Killer Bee
    (3rd column)
    Lane's BBQ - Spellbound
    Meat Church - Gospel
    Meat Church - Hickory
    Meat Church - Honey Hog
    (4th column)
    Meat Church - Texas Sugar
    Sucklebuster - Clucker Dust
    Meat Mitch - Competition Whomp!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	1884871

    Comment


    • bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Families that "Q" together stay together

    • TheAmazingJohnJ
      TheAmazingJohnJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by DaveD
      Wow! Now that's variety. Could you tell one from another?
      Just did them at 275 for an hour, hit with cider vinegar a few times.

      Blind I would have had a hard time telling most of them apart. Clucker Dust, Texas Sugar and the TexMex were all distinct in a good way. Meat Mitch and Dan-O's were distinct in how much we disliked the flavor. The rest had very little distinction for our taste, other than some difference in sweetness.

    • realdocBBQ
      realdocBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd suggest Meat Church's pecan rub, Deez Nuts. It's good, pretty mild, though, I tend to go a bit heavy with it.

    This is what I am going to be cooking... Paid a visit to Two Drummers Butchers and BBQ Provisions to pick up Prairie Fresh ribs and Heath Riles rubs / sauces for competition practice this weekend and first competition next weekend... never thought I would be buying sauce by the 1/2 gallon...

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1178.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.10 MB ID:	1884882

    Comment


    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Best of luck Chris!

    • Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      I certainly understand practice and trying different rubs and sauces as part of that. Did it myself last year (when I came in second. Contest was called off this year. I figure it's because two years ago I took third place, last year second, and this year was my time for first, so the good old boys cancelled ) Anyway, for the competition next week do you supply your own ribs, or do they give you the same ribs as everyone else gets?

    • BKYDBBQ
      BKYDBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Bogy We have to supply all of our meats - Ribs, Chicken and Butts (people's choice)

    Salmon Piccata with Black Rice and Mizuna (from the garden), and tomatoes.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9728.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	1884964

    Comment


    • realdocBBQ
      realdocBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Mizuna (ミズナ(水菜) , "water greens"), kyouna (京菜), Japanese mustard greens, or spider mustard is a cultivar of Brassica rapa var. niposinica

      Had too look that one up. Interestin'...

    • JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      realdocBBQ yeah I’d seen it called for in a couple recipes and never saw it in stores so my wife grew it this year. Really delicious and definitely has a mustard taste.

    Sirloin tip roast, rolled and tied smoked and sliced.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1552.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	1885191

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1549.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	1885192

    Comment


    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful piece of meat right there

    Brisket smoked and served with corn on the cob and homemade sourdough naan and garden fresh salsa.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1536.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	1885197

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1528.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	1885198

    Comment


      You asked what we're cooking, so here are before and after shots of an ~18-lb. brisket smoked over a mix of hickory and pecan on my Pitmaster-recommended Camp Chef pellet smoker (I know, I know, but they're really convenient). I started it about 6:00 PM one evening, and it didn't reach the ideal internal temperature until almost that same time the next day! So, it was a later dinner than I had originally planned, but most guests reported that it was worth the wait. The menu featured brisket hot from the smoker, accompanied by blueberry-chipotle BBQ sauce (recipe courtesy of Cook's Country magazine), roasted poblano macaroni and cheese (my own recipe!), grilled Texas toast made with home-baked bread, watermelon (of course), Carlisle Winery Petite Sirah (2 bottles!), and espresso brownies with home-made vanilla ice cream.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Brisket Before.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	1885209
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Brisket.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	4.15 MB
ID:	1885210

      Comment


        Today I hosted our Men's Book Club Discussion at my house. The book was H is for Hawk by Helen McDonald. It's a book about falconry and the history of keeping birds of prey. It's also a story about loss, grief, and recovery. Not sure I recommend the book to anyone, but I enjoyed reading it.

        Today's menu was supposed to be pheasant and mushrooms, which is a traditional English countryside dish made with pheasants hunted by hawks and falcons. I ordered three pheasants from my local butcher, but that fell through last minute. So this is Air Quote Pheasant (chicken) and Mushrooms served over mashed potatoes.

        We enjoyed it and had a good discussion.

        Brian

        Click image for larger version

Name:	image185333.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	1885327​

        Comment


          Ribs and Chicken practice...came out pretty good...

          Edit...accidentally uploaded last weeks pictures...fixed now...


          Click image for larger version

Name:	806389960_18457340668142138_1519061585174166470_n.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	641.5 KB
ID:	1885408

          Click image for larger version

Name:	806416207_18457340713142138_5753187595381101434_n.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	644.8 KB
ID:	1885409

          Click image for larger version

Name:	806366247_18457340689142138_411274625197139853_n.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	771.2 KB
ID:	1885410



          Last edited by BKYDBBQ; September 12, 2026, 05:58 PM.

          Comment


          • BKYDBBQ
            BKYDBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            @Drazzni - Thank You...I uploaded the wrong pictures...They were from last week, correct ones are now uploaded and I think this week looks better...

          • SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            I keep scrolling back over these pics! 🥇 🏆

          • dpearce
            dpearce commented
            Editing a comment
            Lookin' awesome!

          Seared some lamb chops & oven roasted prosciutto-wrapped figs on the side..

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260912_171647.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	1885364

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20260912_173214.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	1885365

          Comment


          • Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Love figs off the tree.

          Smoked Shotgun Shells anyone? Comes with a cooler of adult beverages.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20220619_120344.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	4.10 MB
ID:	1885372

          Comment


          • Skip
            Skip commented
            Editing a comment
            Great post! Those look so fun. I need to try to make them for my Family.

          • Finster
            Finster commented
            Editing a comment
            realdocBBQ
            When I make them, I stuff and wrap them in bacon the night before. Sitting in the fridge over night seems to soften the pasta shells enough so that when you smoke them, the shells come out al dente

          • bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            I see no Adult Beverage. Adult Beveage?

          Massaman Curry Beef. I had never had massaman curry before. It's delicious. Very different from other Thai coconut milk curries. This one has Japanese sweet potatoes and peanuts in it. Side of plain jasmine rice.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260912_230437204.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	1885386

          Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20260912_230751991.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	1885387

          Comment

          Announcement

          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          0
          Guest
          Guest
          500
          ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
          7