Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 42, SUMMER 2026

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This topic has been answered.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1416.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.93 MB ID:	1883741 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1417.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.43 MB ID:	1883742 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1418.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.59 MB ID:	1883744 Baby Backs ​
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • dpearce
      dpearce commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, those look exceptional!

    Did a rotisserie chicken and corn elote style. I dry brined it with just kosher salt over night in the fridge and used a local rub Spiva on the chicken and corn. It came out super juicy.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	file_000000001f4481fb90633be6d715c95d.png
Views:	223
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	1883785
    Click image for larger version

Name:	file_000000004de081fb9f6abcbfa849fac0.png
Views:	212
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1883786
    Click image for larger version

Name:	file_00000000b02081fbbb64d2c03a0899f0.png
Views:	220
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	1883787
    Click image for larger version

Name:	file_000000001d9481fb92f0a8cc2b598489.png
Views:	216
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	1883788

    Comment


    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      ^^^ +1 😎

    • Hedgehog BBQ
      Hedgehog BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it's not the normal way. Years ago, 2002, I worked at Costco doing the rotisserie chickens and at that time they came trussed similar to this but with type of plastic almost like zip ties. This way really keeps everything put. Plus it was a big bird. I had about 1/8th of an inch to clear the pan.

    • fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      When I saw the top photo I said to myself, "Well, that chicken is not getting away".

      Nice cook!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_145218.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	1883835
    What I call "Cabbage Hotdish" on the MAK Pellet Grill today. Seasoned Ground Pork and LOTS of Garden Vegetables...most from our own garden. Think of American Goulash with cabbage in place of pasta.

    Comment


    • Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great, sounds great and is right up my alley! Got a recipe you can share Skip?

    • Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yum.

    • Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John and Bogy the recipe I use is kind of a mess! I suggest you use your favorite American Goulash Recipe and go from there. I usually add anything from the garden that's available like Tomatoes, Onions, Peppers, Carrots, Sweet Corn, etc. Pasta Sauce of some kind and some Minute Rice to thicken it work well. A little shredded cheese for serving is good. Sorry but this is one time I use what's available and just wing it. Cook it covered and just adjust with rice and liquid as needed

    Beef rib on the Kamado, eggplant & carrots on the gasser...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_173203.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1883851

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_173026.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1883852

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_173535.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	1883853

    Comment


      Well, round two. This time I did Brats on the Pit Barrel, The Yukon Gold potatoes also on the Pit Barrel (much easier to control the heat, than the other day's cook on the vortex) and NY Strip Steaks on the Blackstone. The Blackstone is a searing machine.

      The brats, smoked with apple wood with some Sauerkraut on the pit barrel:

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6387.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.48 MB ID:	1883860

      Potatoes were grilled on the Pit Barrell near the end, but I only got a picture on the NY Strips. Dry brined with some steak seasoning I picked up at Niagara Falls this last spring:

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6389.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.95 MB ID:	1883858

      Plated up with the Yukon Gold potatoes, second time with this potato recipe, and I think I finally nailed it. This was my daughter's plate. She prefers closer to medium-well. My plate was medium rare. Why I didn't get a pic, I don't know:

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6391.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.51 MB ID:	1883857


      And finally, one of the brats. Yeah, was a lot to eat, but after all day without anything, it was worth it. Horseradish mustard, the smoked kraut, some yellow mustard to top it off, on a brioche bun. Oh, and the rest of the potatoes.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6392.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.99 MB ID:	1883859

      I'm full... Time for some firepit action, and maybe a bourbon & seltzer or two.

      Edit: Forgot to mention. This cook, I didn't bother to break out the Signals monitoring equipment. Just the ThermoPen. Kinda nice cooking without all the extra stuff to deal with. Once in a while, you just gotta go rouge.
      Last edited by dpearce; September 7, 2026, 04:36 PM.

      Comment


      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Great cook! And definitely bourbon sippers!!!!!!

      • realdocBBQ
        realdocBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good - what kinda brats? Like storeboought Johnsonville, or some local made kind or what? I really need to make me some more brats... after starting to make my own sausage, I just am thoroughly UNimpressed by anything I get from the store these days, unfortunately. I'm spoiled, but then, making sausage is kind of a big production, too. Lotta work, but so good. Great cook, though!

      • dpearce
        dpearce commented
        Editing a comment
        realdocBBQ these were just store-bought. Aldi’s throws a sale up once in a while and I’ll pick up a pack. I do have brats from Schmidt’s (a favorite local German restaurant) to cook up. I’m interested in making my own for sure, but that’s down the road.

      I needed to do some cooking, and i had a few short ribs dry brining.

      Red wine reduction sauce with onion, carrot, garlic, fish sauce, Cabernet sauvignon, then added some beef stock that i slow cooked the short ribs in.

      I took most of the braise liquid and made a gravy to serve creamy mashed potatoes over, then topped with a short rib, finishing salt, and topped with green onion.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; September 8, 2026, 06:25 AM.

      Comment


      • Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my. That’s it. I can’t keep up with you Richard. I may not ever post another picture of my cooking. 😊

        Amazing work Pitmaster. 🫡

      • Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is exactly how I like short ribs. Well done sir.

      • realdocBBQ
        realdocBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, some of you guys are just doin' it up fancy for home. Wow. Makes me ashamed to post anything. lol j/k j/k, but wowzers. What did we do last night... tryn'a remember... oh yeah, I made tacos. Plain Jane, simple, but satisfying. Yours looks awesome, I'm sure it was great, too.

      Teriyaki wings. Da#n. Wife loved them. So did I. And so did Roy.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	image185111.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	1883872​Click image for larger version  Name:	image185128.jpg Views:	0 Size:	426.7 KB ID:	1883873​Click image for larger version  Name:	image185130.jpg Views:	0 Size:	452.3 KB ID:	1883874​Click image for larger version  Name:	image185132.jpg Views:	0 Size:	410.4 KB ID:	1883875​

      Comment


      • RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Vortex is a wing machine!

      • wrgilb
        wrgilb commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going to have to try this on my PK360.

      • dpearce
        dpearce commented
        Editing a comment
        I gotta do this. Keep seeing wings on sale at the local grocery store.

      A too rare cook. Tri tip, STL Louis with raspberry chipotle sauce and mac&cheese. All delicious plus family members looking sad they don’t get any of this deliciousness.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	7231839908333907765.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	1883888

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2935.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	1883889

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6013.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	3.79 MB
ID:	1883890

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6014.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	5.26 MB
ID:	1883891

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6012.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	4.54 MB
ID:	1883892

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6011.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	4.89 MB
ID:	1883893

      Comment


      • RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice cook and you're mean.

      • Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        No way I wouldn’t have tossed those babies a few scraps!

      • Paintedr3d
        Paintedr3d commented
        Editing a comment
        They look pissed at you. We have a frenchie and a Maltipoo, the malti gets it the frenchie will.lose her shit if I don't share with her

      TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!! Of Korean Dumpling Smash Taco variety!!! What a flavor bomb these are! Topped with some quick Kimchi style pickles with the Korean noodle salad on the side, aLao outstanding - made by Mrs. Barelfly!

      I gotta make these more often!

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1300.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	1883896

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1299.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	4.66 MB
ID:	1883898

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1301.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	1883897

      Comment


      • Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Those look amazing!

      • fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice fusion cooking!

        K.

      ATK double chocolate cookies.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8037.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	4.57 MB
ID:	1883912

      Comment


      • Paintedr3d
        Paintedr3d commented
        Editing a comment
        What makes em double?

      • snowswamp
        snowswamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Good question! They have a pound of meted semi-sweet chocolate along with cocoa powder. Triple chocolate calls for unsweetened, bitter-sweet, and semi-sweet; which I didn’t all have. The picture is only one sheet. The recipe made 44 cookies.

      Wanted something different, decided on lamb with herb and lemon couscous and garlic honey carrots and some taziki. The lamb is tasty but chewy - not tough, just chewy. I overcooked it a little. On the kettle because the Chimp caught on fire. Another thread lol
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_195949.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1883923 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_200216.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1883925 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_200916.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1883924

      Comment


      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like you nailed this cook to me!!

      • Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks terrific. I love lamb but the Wifey hates it so of course never cook it. I’m jealous.

      • theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, please.

      The New Mexico Meat-up Thread inspired me to explore some New Mexico dishes. I gave stacked enchiladas a try this evening with pulled pork.

      I got 75% of the way there, but I made some missteps.

      The pulled pork turned out excellent. I took a 7 lb pork butt, cut it up into quarters, and dry-brined it for 24 hours with Meat Church's Dia de la Fajita rub (which, prior to today, was my least favorite of his rubs) that I needed to use up.

      Here we are about to go on the PBC.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2573.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	4.49 MB
ID:	1883952

      And here we are after about 3.5 hours, all at 190 F+ and probing like butter.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2574.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	5.48 MB
ID:	1883953

      I let the pork rest, wrapped in foil, in my oven at 150 F for about an hour or so. I then shredded it. Wow, Dia de la Fajita is excellent on pork butt! Salty, peppery, and spicy! I haven't really liked that rub as it doesn't taste like a fajita rub to me, but this really surprised me. I think I will do pork butt like this again!

      While the pork was resting, I made Rick Bayless rice cooker Spanish Rice:https://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/red-tomato-rice/

      Here's the rice in the Instant Pot along with a sliced jalapeño.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2576.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	1883949

      This is where stuff started to go a bit wrong. I started to make the chile sauce. There are countless variations on this and I think I just picked the wrong one. You start with a 6:2 ratio of New Mexico chile powder to flour, toast that slightly until aromatic, then whisk in water (along with some garlic powder and salt) until you get a consistency of it just coating the back of a spoon. Here's a photo of it near the beginning of this process when it is still way too thick.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2577.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	1883951

      Next, you take some corn tortillas, fry them, then dip them in the chile sauce. The idea is to do three layers (traditional) with pulled pork, diced onion, and cheddar cheese.

      I'm not sure what went wrong with my tortillas, but they didn't fry well at all. They came apart and ended up fairly oily. I did manage to do the fried egg on top.

      Here we are plated up with refried beans and Bayless' rice.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2578.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	1883950

      This was okay, but like I said the tortillas didn't fry well and also the chile sauce, while flavorful, was quite gritty. The stacked enchilada concept is great....it's like eating a tortilla lasagna. I think I want to try this again, but with a different recipe. Also, I can see why most of these recipes are just the tortillas, onion, and cheese....the addition of the pork made it almost too rich.

      The rice, by the way, is delicious. I've never made Spanish rice that good, ever. It did turn out quite spicy (which I really liked)....that one jalapeño in the pressure cooker was almost too much.

      Comment


      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Check out my carne adovada recipe I’ve posted here. I think you will like the result, specifically the consistency of the red chile if you follow that recipe. i use dried red chile pods, some water and blend them until smooth. You won’t have that gritty powder consistency you mention. For the crispy tortillas, I don’t see how that red chile is going to provide oil/fat to fry the tortillas and get crispy. Perhaps dip in oil first, then a short cook on griddle, then dip in sauce and broil to set?

      • barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Here’s a link to my stacked red chile chicken enchiladas, just for reference in the chile.

        Time to say goodbye to winter! Anyone complaining? Didn't think so. Welcome to the new SUWYC topic, Volume 41 - SPRING 2026! ​ Here's a link to the now-closed Vol 40, Winter 2025/2026: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/food-recipes-techniques-show-us-what-youre-cooking/show-tell/1804138-show-us-what-you-re-cooking-suwyc

      • Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        barelfly Yes, your photo was much more what I was going for. In my post, I wasn't clear that I did try to fry the tortillas in oil. I think everything would have turned out better had I just cooked the tortillas normally in a hot skillet.

      I saw some new style brats I wanted to try the other day, cooked em up tonight. Smoked em on the kettle with a little hickory and some onions and peppers. These brats were pretty good, had a little kick to them and a good flavor! Served with some cone bread and melted cheese on top.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6695.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	1883957

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6705.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	1883959


      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6708.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	1883960

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6710.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	1883958

      Comment


      • Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        I wanna try those!

      • jayjordan
        jayjordan commented
        Editing a comment
        What’s “cone bread”?

      • Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s just my redneck way of pronouncing “corn” bread…..🤓

      Had family over for dinner. Reverse seared and smoked a tri-tip, hot smoked a dry brined spatchcocked chicken dusted with Dirty Bird seasoning. Sides were steamed broccoli, macaroni and cheese, corn on the cob and pull apart Parker rolls. The boys gave it an 11 out of 10 "better than any restaurant" rating 🏆👊🏽🏆👊🏽
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_182434.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	1883981 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_182441.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	1883978 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_140509.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	1883977 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_181722.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	1883979 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_181717.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	1883980 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_174232.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	4.57 MB
ID:	1883982 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_140201.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	1883983 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_181946.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	1883984 Click image for larger version

Name:	20260907_173126.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	1883985

      Comment


      • Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Those boys are spoiled with good eats, another killer cook!

      • bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        The Tri-Tip looks amazing. I hope my next Tri-Tip comes out so good.

      • Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that Wagyu or Mega Wagyu??

      Tonight the whole family went to the Dodger game. So I wanted to be creative and have fun so I made French bread pizza. Really loving this Weber and.holy crap is this fun to use.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	3741.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	4.78 MB
ID:	1883988



      Click image for larger version

Name:	3745.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	1883990

      Click image for larger version

Name:	3744.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	4.59 MB
ID:	1883991

      Click image for larger version

Name:	3742.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	4.94 MB
ID:	1883992

      Click image for larger version

Name:	3734.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	7.96 MB
ID:	1883993

      Comment


      • jayjordan
        jayjordan commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea! Looks tasty.

      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        I failed to take pictures, but this turned out great for us! Paintedr3d my cheese didn’t brown as well as yours, though.

      • Finster
        Finster commented
        Editing a comment
        Putting this on my to do list 😋

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7