Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Bourbon/Whiskey/Rye/Scotch!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband is the one who loves bourbons/whiskeys. We routinely gather with other friends that all the guys share in their finds of recently. This was from last weekend sitting around a fire pit enjoying the evening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0638.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	1561902

My husband went into the liquor store with a friend and they were trying to find some things for flights of whiskeys for a fundraiser we were doing at our lodge. While looking, I think he ended up getting more for him than the fundraising thing. He happened to turn around and found these side by side in a display of Elijah Craig. Needless to say he grabbed them both.

Name:	IMG_0713.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1561901

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Santa found EHT for Lance. We haven’t opened it yet.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Luckeeeee!

It’s a fRYEday smoked OF

Name:	IMG_5908.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1565319

Comment

Premium Jack & Ginger
      Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang!!!!!! That’s some high quality spritza!!!!!!!!! 😂

• Skinsfan1311
        Skinsfan1311 commented
        Editing a comment
        barelfly Amen! Every once in a great while I really want a whiskey & ginger. Skimping on the ingredients is not an option.

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        By putting in that tumbler, didn’t the drink become weak and didn’t it leave a bad taste in your mouth after consuming it. 😝

Just made the move to the panhandle of Florida, made sure my bourbon drove with me and didn’t go with the movers 🤣
      I don’t have the access to buying the “Good Stuff” like before, so the EH, Blanton’s, and the other rare stuff will only be opened for special events😀
      Attached Files

Comment

• Skinsfan1311
        Skinsfan1311 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! Where did you get that display?

• PackersOwner12
        PackersOwner12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bought all on Etsy

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        Go Pack Go!

No damage from the movers to my Weber Summit, Weber Kamodo, or my Weber Performer. Was very worried for those.

Comment

And finished this off tonight for my late night sipper. I wish this was a bit easier to find!

Name:	IMG_5910.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1565472

Comment

• BourBonQ
          BourBonQ commented
          Editing a comment
          One of my favs...

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          barelfly let me check the price again…. This place had several bottles.

Finally found some Wellers, been a couple of years
        Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          That CYPB is the last bottle I need to complete the collection of 6! Any chance you can get another?

• Brewmaster
          Brewmaster commented
          Editing a comment
          I don"t so, I got it as a birthday gift from my local supplier,(was able to buy it, he had it locked down in a closet)

Bottle down!
        Attached Files

Comment

Post deleted
          Last edited by BostonBestEats; April 27, 2024, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            That label is pretty cool in how it’s coming apart and has the stains around it.

I really enjoyed this toasted barrel EC. Have only seen this out the time I bought it.

Name:	IMG_5924.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1566943

Comment

fRYEday!!!!!!!!!!

Name:	IMG_5940.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	1569451

Comment

• Alan Brice
              Alan Brice commented
              Editing a comment
              Ohh Baby!

And this for round two. This bottle got pushed to the back…felt neglected

Name:	IMG_5945.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	1569472

Comment

• Alan Brice
              Alan Brice commented
              Editing a comment
              Wowser!

Tis the season 🍀

Name:	IMG_5954.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1570476

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
              Sweaty Paul commented
              Editing a comment
              And?....

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              Sweaty Paul - it’s a good Irish Whiskey - I bought it last year, don’t drink it often but it’s a nice pour! I was able to try this at Total Wine last year and liked it, so picked it up.

• Sweaty Paul
              Sweaty Paul commented
              Editing a comment
              barelfly I've taken to the Irish quite a bit. I'd recommend Writer's Tears. Not terribly expensive and delicious. Starts with some Carmel notes and with a few drops of water I get some chocolate notes on the back side. Very enjoyable.

Went to dinner tonight at the local grocery store. They have a restaurant right inside. After our delicious Haddock fish fry, I walked across the grocery store to the liquor store that is in the grocery store also and picked this up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3894.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.83 MB ID:	1572859

I had no plans on buying this tonight but I’m glad I did. The woman behind the counter said they just got it in and it’s an Ohio exclusive. I paid more than I wanted to tonight for a bottle of Bourbon ($58 was the MSRP and that’s what I paid) but I’m sure this ain’t gonna be around for long. It’s a 120 proof but smooth for that high of a proof. Once the ice cube melted and it came down in proof it became even smoother. Not sure what flavor “notes” I’m supposed to be tasting but to me it just tastes good. There is more going on in this bottle than the $30 bottles of Bourbon I own. Is it worth $58? I’m not sure, but I’m enjoying it.

Comment

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              I prefer the higher proof bottles, I feel these provide much more flavor than lower proof. Glad you like it!

• Sweaty Paul
              Sweaty Paul commented
              Editing a comment
              I had that earlier this year in South Dakota and thought it was quite good. Cheers!

Penelope. This is the entry level bottle. Around $34 and they go up from there

Name:	20240319_173201.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1573349

I liked it enough to purchase a second bottle

Comment

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              Another board I’m on, they were all drinking various bottles of Penelope yesterday. This is another I have yet to try though. Have you had any other bottles from them?

• Starsky
              Starsky commented
              Editing a comment
              No I haven't yet

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here