Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Bourbon/Whiskey/Rye/Scotch!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    I don't know about the 80 proof one, barelfly , but this 100 proof premium bottle is pretty good. Very smooth and quite tasty. I should have drunk it neat to really evaluate the flavor, perhaps. Next time I will.

K.

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    This story of this bottle is pretty cool! I’ve tried one of the Uncle Nearest bottles, but I don’t remember which one it was. It was pretty good though!

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Tried something new to me, although I had been reading about it for a while. Pretty smooth.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Uncle Nearest 1856 Whiskey.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	1604157
    Uncle Nathan "Nearest" Green is the enslaved man who taught the young Jack Daniel how to distill whiskey, using a charcoal filtration method that he used in Africa (for water) before he was captured. His 5th generation offspring are now making the whiskey.

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; May 26, 2024, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice collection!!!!!

• PackersOwner12
    replied
    Moved from Illinois to the panhandle of Florida, no more “connections” to get my good bourbons. Now I have to only drink them only on special occasions🤣🤣
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Skinsfan1311
    replied
    Time for a refill!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied
    Found this alongside Jefferson's Ocean. Never checked to see if it's affiliated with them. $34 and delicious

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240517_203955.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1600088

Leave a comment:

• Skinsfan1311
    commented on 's reply
    How do you like it? I have a bottle that's almost gone...not sure that I'll be replacing it.

• ssandy_561
    replied
    Continuing my adventures into Ohio Bourbon, I picked up a bottle of Tom’s Foolery Ohio Straight Bourbon Whiskey yesterday. I’m am happy I did.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4318.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.33 MB ID:	1599882

This is from a very small distillery in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. They ferment their whiskey in open casks and double distill their spirit. This is only about 1 hour from me.

First off this does not taste like any bourbon I’ve tried up until this point. It’s not as sweet and has a taste I could not put my finger on (in a good way).

After further investigation, I discovered Tom’s Foolery uses around 60% corn, 20% rye and 20% malted barley in their mash bill. I read that 20% malted barley is a high percentage for bourbon. I’m thinking it’s giving this bourbon a bit of an Irish whiskey feel.

Also I noticed this bottle is a single barrel that was aged for 10 1/2 years and after some more research it was their 188th barrel they ever produced. They have numbered each of their barrels from day one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4320.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	1599881

And at $44.95 for the bottle I believe I’ve gotten a good deal. I’m going to have to look for another bottle that was distilled at a different time from them to compare the tastes.

They also make Applejack. Probably gonna have to give that a try.

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice!!!!!!!

• UFLawdog
    replied
    Whistlepig 10 year rye in a Black Manhattan with Amaro Montenegro
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Whiskeyman53
    replied
    Happy fRYEday
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    replied
    Happy fryeYAY!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6421.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1599801

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    commented on 's reply
    They must be cutting costs on their labeling

• Skinsfan1311
    replied
    Calumet 14 year.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here