Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Bourbon/Whiskey/Rye/Scotch!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one never disappoints
    Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep that’s a good one. Even Lucy seems to enjoy it

• volsmoker
      volsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Love rare breed, good stuff!

• Santamarina
      Santamarina commented
      Editing a comment
      Rare Breed is one of my favorites.

A new bottle for me tonight. I enjoy the other two Michter’s I’ve tried, the US Whiskey and the Bourbon - this one is right up with them. I haven’t tried many sour mash styles, and I like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3282.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1423020

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      Their sour mash is my favorite, but then I’ve only been able to get rye, Am. whis and Ky. str bou. Their stuff is legit, never been let down

• Alan Brice
      Alan Brice commented
      Editing a comment
      I have heard very good things about Michter's. Just never enjoyed the pleasure, on my list.

• volsmoker
      volsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Have not tried this one yet. Need to get a bottle and try it.

Those Russell's really know what they're doing
    Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a great line up of these Russell bottles for a taste test. I just need to pick the night to do it, but have this same bottle, the 10 yr, a 13 yr, and I even thought about adding in the WT101 and WTRB, just to be able to taste all five. Not sure if I should go with that many, maybe just stay with the Russell’s?? Any thoughts?

• Skinsfan1311
      Skinsfan1311 commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly That is a great lineup. Go for it! From what I understand, the WT101 & Russell's share the same mash bill & barrels, but the RR is aged longer,(they cherry pick the "better" barrels for the SB), so the comparison should be interesting. I would go in ascending order by ABV..WT101, RR10, RR13, WTRB.

Name:	BDA226DF-A666-4961-BBBC-CF74C459444F.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	1423075 I have been getting my vit “B”. Kim and I were in the deli the other day and my lovely SIL said to be sure and pick up a btl of BT. Fresh in.
    Huskee did you ever get your barrel stave?

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly It's been 3.5, nearly 4 weeks, nothing yet. No email either. Has your dad's arrived?

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee - no, my dad hasn’t received it yet. Also no emails, and that was the same for me. No communication at all, just showed up one day.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly Ok thanks. I'll put my patience hat back on then.

Ordered a few new GCs front the Tacoma message board I’m on - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot with some EHT as the first pour to break it in!

Name:	IMG_3289.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1423533

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      That there's some FINE bourbon.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee - i knew you would like this one

This Stagg Jr. Batch 2 release is a hot mess. I was hoping that it would improve after the initial pours. It has not
    It is probably the worse batch of Stagg Jr. ever released. I've had this bottle for 10 years, to give you an idea of how much I like it
    I'm not a huge fan of the ER 10 either, but this was a pick, done for charity. Others I know love ER. I like it okay, but don't love it. To be fair, I've never been a fan, BUT, I read where a guy mixed them and claimed that the combination made for a fantastic pour.
    Damned if he wasn't right. It's basically a pour of ER10 with a small splash of the Jr. It really, really works.
    Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know on the ECBP - I have an unopened bottle that I’ll crack at some point. Huskee

• Alan Brice
      Alan Brice commented
      Editing a comment
      I just picked up a btl of BT. It is much better than I remem.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Stagg Jr is no more...

barelfly I think that the Stagg, (it's no longer called Stagg Jr.), is up to something like 19 releases. I've had a few, which are insanely good, but that 2nd batch was not. I like this blend so much that, if I see a reasonably priced ER10, I'll buy a bottle, just to use up the Stagg. It's that good.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a great way to make things better! I’ve read a few articles on how you can create Pappy with various bottles of Weller and spring water. If it makes it better and you enjoy it - do it up!!!

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      So if you mix both bottles…what is the name you will give this bottle?

Steagle? Stagg Rare?

Originally posted by Skinsfan1311 View Post
    barelfly I think that the Stagg, (it's no longer called Stagg Jr.), is up to something like 19 releases. I've had a few, which are insanely good, but that 2nd batch was not. I like this blend so much that, if I see a reasonably priced ER10, I'll buy a bottle, just to use up the Stagg. It's that good.
    Batch 23A is out now in the wild. (batch 20, technically)

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      See if anything pops up here in NM.

Originally posted by nikolausp View Post

Batch 23A is out now in the wild. (batch 20, technically)
    I quit buying it years ago, when the prices went North of stupid.

Comment

• nikolausp
      nikolausp commented
      Editing a comment
      Price isn't that bad. Picked one up for $60 on Saturday at Total Wine. They hard to find, but good for the money if you stumble across one.

• Skinsfan1311
      Skinsfan1311 commented
      Editing a comment
      nikolausp I'd pay $60.00 for one of the latest batches. The problem is around here you rarely see it and, when you do, the price is jacked up. The cheapest I've seen it, within the past year,is $89.00. It's not $89.00 good to me..

Tasty bottle!! Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230523_040750773.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1424674

Comment

A few years back I made a deal with my wife: for Father’s Day skip the chocolate ties and other BS. Just get me a nice bottle of Scotch!

She’s done pretty good so far! Looking forward to what joins the party next month!

Name:	IMG_3551.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	1425093

Comment

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        fzxdoc - that is all i need to know! I can’t get past the peatyness, so thank you for that info!

• Santamarina
        Santamarina commented
        Editing a comment
        barelfly The Caribbean is my least favorite of these three. They’re all Speyside scotches, so a little peaty, but nothing close to the smokiness of an Islay. For me this region has just the right amount of smoke - enough that you know it’s scotch, but less than sucking on a lump of charcoal.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        barelfly , I misspoke—it’s the Glenlivet Nadurra that we drink that is very peaty. We have a 12 year old Glenlivet too. It is lighter more citrus and vanilla notes and just a hint of smoke
        K.

BBC Fusion Series
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Skinsfan1311; May 26, 2023, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! I’ve seen this photo the last few days…just now noticed the Mr. Chef peeping over the GC 😂

I see some themes!

• Skinsfan1311
        Skinsfan1311 commented
        Editing a comment
        barelfly Mr. Chef is actually Fred Mertz. My wife is a huge I Love Lucy Fan. She has an entire room dedicated to Lucille Ball and that's where we keep the bar.

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! Well….I said theme but I didnt’ know he was I Love Lucy….but that’s the other photo you use! Lucy peeking over the bottle usually! Love it!

Name:	IMG_0715.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	1425705 I have given up drinking as alcohol does not agree with me now, I got rid of most of the alcohol in the liquor cabinet except for these ones, I am not sure why they are still around? Next time my friend Jim is here I will give these ones away.

Comment

Makers is my favorite and tastes to me like a rich caramel flavor. Angels envy was recommended Click image for larger version

Name:	20230519_190737.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1425727 to me and was alright and had a slight sweet taste to it. The 4 roses tastes like the makers with a less kick to it. And the 4 roses is more in my price range. But this week I found a 1.75 bottle of Makers for 49$ and I have a coupon for 5$. So I might have to pick more up.

Comment

• Skinsfan1311
          Skinsfan1311 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't go wrong with MM. A few of my friends keep the 4 Roses in the freezer.

Woodford over a cube.

Name:	IMG_0380.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1426134

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here