Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Drinking RIGHT NOW? II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning as well! Enjoying this lighter roast cappuccino, beans from a local roaster near me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9F951E44-B753-4B0D-8766-AD11383BFA4F.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	1365728

Comment

Courtesy of one of our many great cocktail makers here - Attjack - picked up Cynar based on the number of cocktails he has made with this and went with a Bensonhurst.

This is a really good cocktail - and every sip seems to be different. Some sips, the Cynar really stands out but others, you get some of the sweetness of the Maraschino, and others it’s perfectly balanced. I think a quick swirl with each sip helps this.

This is a really good cocktail, nice to have a different taste here.

thank you, Attjack! And cheers!

Click image for larger version  Name:	C411548C-83F2-4019-8744-6FCEF6577D30.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	1365983

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        When I first had one I drank it slowly and found it better with each taste. It's a complex cocktail. It looks like you and I made it exactly the same. I wanted to pick up some more WT rye but they were all out so I bought Bulleit rye. Maybe I'll make with that tonight.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I've got to go look up that recipe, because the ingredients look so interesting. Thanks, Attjack. And thanks, barelfly for bringing it up.

K.

Last weekend I took a trip to the suburbs to visit a nice Asian market and my wife picked up this sake. I know very little about sake but this stuff is just ok at best (it wasn't expensive). She is making me finish it. She gets to keep the glass.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230122_160804.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	1366023

Comment

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve had sake once and…..didn’t know much about it and couldn’t appreciate it. My impression was probably similar to yours…

I need to go with a buddy that actually knows good sake and can point me in a direction of getting something that may fit my tastes.

But I do like the set up here!

I'm having a little aperitif before dinner.

Name:	20230122_183555~2.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1366089

Cocchi Americano.

Comment

Prepping dinner for my favorite daughter and her boyfriend.

Name:	D844ABE8-A2B1-4713-8145-C134D3E75FFF.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	1366446

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Mmm, that bottle looks familiar 🧐

• CHNeal
          CHNeal commented
          Editing a comment
          @Panhead John
          I’ve been back on the Beam lately but the lad brought the bottle and who am I to say no?!

Lake life = bloody Maria’s!

Name:	333E50FF-98E5-48F0-824A-910F1A5949A0.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1368893

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice meal..

Windchill is 6 below and I am smoking ribs…this will help!

Name:	77772649-67CE-4592-A360-C734FC1240E3.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1369039 Click image for larger version

Name:	48B42167-39AE-49AE-A8B5-9E28A1526BC0.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1369040

Comment

• Purc
          Purc commented
          Editing a comment
          I had some Makers while smoking my wings today with 65 degrees in Fort Worth. Our wind chill made it 67 degrees!

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Jack n coffee?

• CHNeal
          CHNeal commented
          Editing a comment
          @Elton’s BBQ

yes sir! Jack makes a great cup of coffee! I like bourbon as well but the Jack is just so smooth and it’s not nearly as harsh if your coffee starts to get cold.

I made a batch of Freezer Door Manhattans, starting with a bottle of rye that was just over half full and tweaking the recipe by adding what I had left of a bottle of Southern Comfort to the mix.

8.3K views, 100 likes, 4 loves, 17 comments, 22 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street: You asked for it, you got it! Editorial director J.M. Hirsch is back with another...

I realize the idea of having freezer door cocktails readily available probably makes the cocktail purists among us shudder. My bigger concern is that it's too available and may encourage us to drink more. Hopefully not.

Neither husband nor I are big drinkers, but enjoy the occasional adult libation. This fits the bill when I'm feeling lazy and a glass of wine just won't do.

Kathryn

Comment

Helped the kiddo filter her latest batch of mead before it goes in for the second fermentation. The siphon man always get a sample but I slammed it before getting a pic. This is gonna be a real nice batch made with local wildflower honey.

Name:	51EB81BA-8D04-411E-87C3-5FA72FAD5BC9.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	1369357 Click image for larger version

Name:	84AAADDB-9371-462A-8EF8-8AA9F0894369.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1369356

Comment

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            CHNeal your daughter is in culinary school right? Tell her I appreciate the labels on the bowls above the bread box.

Some leftover Christmas bockbeer...

Name:	16754289884452614725606043715868.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1371474

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow. 9% ABV. A couple of those would kick my a**. But I bet they’re really tasty.

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yessire Jfrosty27 This is a book beer with a lot of flavor.
            Very rich malt character, distinct sweetness and a long aftertaste. The color is dark brown to black, and dark foam.
            Sits well in the mouth. Suitable for fatty food and not least for grilled food.

Having a couple lattes on ice happy Friday
          Attached Files

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            What a great photo! I hope you have hand warmers in your back pockets.

K.

• jhapka
            jhapka commented
            Editing a comment
            fzxdoc don’t worry the furnace keeps the shack at 70 degrees

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            What a great setup!

K.

Not going to impress anyone with this. Especially with the dented can.

Name:	photo_2023-02-03_17-14-41.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1371713

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Dented cans are discounted, aren’t they??

Ol DP! Use to love those!

Well, I bought this bottle a number of years ago thinking I’d give Scotch a try.

Name:	E21D9068-CE7E-4F13-B3A3-9F3E4E53A2E1.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	1371834

I just couldn’t enjoy this. As I was sifting through the bottles of Bourbon, I saw this at the back and thought I’d give it a sip…..

still not something I’m use to, but it wasn’t as bad as I remember. Smokey but not overwhelming like I remember.

but, it was just a sip….and then went back to back of the cabinet..

maybe one day….

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            SheilaAnn - I have a costco size bottle of Blue Sapphire Gin I use for cocktails. Once I finish this, what would you recommend as a good gin? I know nothing of gin.

Tequila - I purchased two bottles over the month for the wife - Casamigos and 1921 - both anejo - that are really good. At least to me they were. I was able to sip both and thought they were really good.

And mezcal…oh my. I ordered a margarita once with mezcal and couldn’t drink it…nope…

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            barelfly yeah… mezcal is like if a very harsh tequila and a super smoky scotch had a baby.

Gin? I have some sapphire here in the house. I like Hendricks a lot. Aviation is also a good one. I’m looking to try the Hendricks Neptunia. I think someone here has tried. My go-to, though, is a local one. It’s from a local distillery called Blinking Owl. They use only ingredients sourced right here. And I love the the fever tree mixers.

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Gin? Try Oxley.

Excited to pick up a bottle of EH Taylor - something I’ve looked for for a number of years. Will be cracking this open very soon! As well as the JD Single Barrel Barrel Proof bottle.

Name:	82271C9E-13EB-4380-AF55-3E493DE88374.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	1372324

and then a family photo of some bottles that are almost impossible to find here in New Mexico!

Name:	14E0BF67-4FBF-4017-BCD2-D431F4AAA49E.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	1372323

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            CHNeal - the Taylor is good. Would I spend the money on it again? probably not. I found the finish to be weak, just kind of flat. I like the smoothness and profile but there are other bottles I like better. Maybe next time I have it it will be different.

The JD was really good, and smooth for being 136p! Perhaps having the JD first, made the Taylor profile seem less. But glad I picked up the JD.

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            And I just saw this picture… your lamp is practically the same logo as my friends distillery!

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            SheilaAnn my wife loves owls. That distillery would automatically be one of her favorites!

Sipper of Jim Beam while smokin ribs for tonight and grilling chicken for this weeks lunches in 55 degree weather!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	844AD009-73AB-4BCD-A96B-42FB7C84C31D.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.52 MB ID:	1372767
          Last edited by CHNeal; February 5, 2023, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here