Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Drinking RIGHT NOW? II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a very difficult week of work it's time to decompress and relax with my 3 favorite activities. Enjoying a nice 85* day in Mass smoking beef ribs, soon to take care of mowing the lawn and after dinner a sipper of rye whiskey at the firepit with my wife. But now it's PBR and southern rock on the speakers.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220918_130243.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1295931

Comment

British Mule, with Gunpowder Gin and Fever Tree Ginger Beer.

Name:	FBF05286-152C-4573-A407-A3D60A23427A.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	1295951

Comment

• HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice, love the mug.

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Hammered copper mug for if I get hammered myself.

Sprecher Root Beer. Yesterday was the first time I’ve seen it at Costco. Very good!

Name:	F140F76A-8340-497D-A5B1-D0FCAADBF859.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1295954

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! I love Thomas kemper on tap and berghoffs. You can get berghoffs at our local BevMo. It’s LAs equivalent to Binny’s.

• HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        I have to try this. I'm a huge root beer fan.... yum!

A nice little Montepulciano, Saladini Pilastri Rosso Piceno Piediprato. I like this one better than the Piceno from the same producer. I let it blow out for about 45 minutes after running through the aerator and decanting. Probably overkill, could have just decanted. Anyhow, easy to drink.

Name:	IMG_20220918_192616657_HDR.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1296153

It is one of my splurges at $15.99/bottle at Total Wine, though I usually get it with the coupons. Anyhow, good price point for a good wine.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        HotSun has officially become my personal sommelier. I am creating my next total wine run list based on your recommendations. I have a few for you, but I have to get pictures first. They were from a few weeks ago.

• HotSun
        HotSun commented
        Editing a comment
        SheilaAnn, please share, I'm always up for something new in our cellar (or old...haha).

WayneT 's British mule got me hankering for some ginger beer. I've got about 4 varieties of ginger beer in the, so I tried a new one tonight:

Name:	Bundaberg Ginger Beer.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1297097

Bundaberg, Australian, cute little bottle. It is pretty mild, not a ton of spice or bite. Not bad, but probably won't buy again. I like my ginger beer to take a bite of my tongue when I drink it.

Comment

Tried this red tonight, very passable.
      I’d buy it again....actually I was gifted this but I would buy it again
      Attached Files

Comment

Baby Guiness.

Name:	3E84CAD9-D178-4656-A07E-4CE843699790.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1297489

Comment

• HotSun
          HotSun commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that a tall shot glass WayneT?

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          It is a tall shot glass I got with a Bailey’s gift set.

Attached Files

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that's getting after it

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that sort of like a Boilermaker?

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Taking the shot alongside the beer WayneT

Margarita. Got this nice mug at Fiesta two weekends ago.

Name:	0359E89D-88BF-46E7-BDCA-6BC75F62F489.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	1297756
        Don Julio Anejo, Grand Marnier, Kirkland (Costco) margarita mix, rocks, salt.

Comment

Huskee Maybe you should consider modifying the page count or starting WAYDRN III so it doesn’t appear we are a bunch of lushes, drunks or winos. I’m speaking for myself but want to make everyone complicit. 🤪

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm a lush and I want it to appear that way!

• WayneT
            WayneT commented
            Editing a comment
            Well said!

Morning Cappuccino overlooking the newly stained lower deck.

Name:	35F907BF-2592-4358-92CE-BE2691F7CFFB.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1298048

Comment

The second of the four ginger beers I have. This one has chili pepper extract and it definitely has that capsaicin burn on the lips
            ​Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220923_142722456.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1298185​
            It is really good over ice, not too sweet. I mixed with a splash of sugar-free cherry syrup, delicious early afternoon non-alcoholic beverage before wine o'clock hits later today.

Since I'm on a ginger beer kick this week, thanks to WayneT and his British mule inspiration, my next ginger beer will probably be Aldi's house brand (Summit) and then I'll have some Barritts to round it out.

Comment

• WayneT
              WayneT commented
              Editing a comment
              A lot of bars around here use Q Ginger Beer. It’s not too bad at all.

Still got a little bit of work left so trying to wait until at least 4pm to grab a beer out of the garage fridge. My bud light keg is out right now so it will be a Mikes Harder lemonade.

Comment

• WayneT
              WayneT commented
              Editing a comment
              Harder? Does it come in hard, harder and hardest? I’ve seen Mikes Hard Lemonade in stores but never tried it.

• jowadi09
              jowadi09 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tried to find a reply button to WayneT's comment - not sure if this is the correct one - we will see! It comes in 16ounce cans and is 8%. Couple of them usually set me up pretty well. One g store around here never has them and the other one only has them half the time.

Continuing the ginger beer cycle, #3 of 4: Summit Ginger Beer from Aldi. I think this is a seasonal offering at Aldi that I probably bought last winter. Anywho.....

Name:	IMG_20220924_134200332.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1298627

Not quite as spicy as the Q ginger beer, just a little sweeter. This is the full sugar version. There is a nice burn/bite there, but I don't think they use chili peppers in this. It has a nice warming feel that I like from ginger. It has good balance and I can see it will probably mix well in cocktails, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. I'm not sure what 'botanically brewed' means, but it is a nice drink.

Comment

Stopped in for a cheap drink or two.

Name:	20220924_171946.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	1298763

Name:	20220924_172322~2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	1298765

Name:	20220924_172327~2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1298764

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here