Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ ~ has landed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of KBQ owners, fantastic!!

Comment

Yeah the Dot has the bulb at the end of the probe that would make threading it through the corner impossible. That is why I was curious to Spinaker method. I like Thermowork products and was going to wait till the smoker came in to come up with a solution but the sale this weekend has me inclined to pull the trigger sooner.
      After a while I would probably forego the probe like you Ernest. But I am an engineer and cannot help myself and probing and monitoring is feeding my need at accuracy! Probably also why I am attracted to the KBQ to begin with.

Comment

maa180 I guess you can always drill a small hole, fit it with a silicon grommet.
        I just can't bring myself to do that.

Comment

• maa180
          maa180 commented
          Editing a comment
          I probably wouldn't either.

It's finally here. 😃
        Time to cook 🐖

Comment

Mpryan OH YEEEAAH!!

Comment

LETS GO!!!!!!!!! That is a beautiful thing. Just beautiful.

Comment

Christmas in June. Keep us posted on the first cook.

Comment

Fired up. This thing is really cool. St. Louis rack and applewood

Comment

• Ernest
                  Ernest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That WSM 22.5 is about to go on a long sabbatical leave

• Mpryan
                  Mpryan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah.... Your right

Here they are. 3.5 hours

Comment

• MBMorgan
                  MBMorgan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pretty awesome!

At it again. Mesquite and red oak. Rib eye roast inside

Comment

Here's desert. An apple thing

Comment

Here's the final

Comment

How long do you guys cook you St. Louis Ribs?

Comment

Smoke it depends. Average 4 hours

Comment

I would say that 4 hours is a pretty safe bet. Unless its cold out. Then they cook much faster. Hopefully we wont have to worry about that for the next few months. Smoke Dawg

Comment

• badf00d
                            badf00d commented
                            Editing a comment
                            4 hours nailed it for some SLC ribs I did this weekend. Turned out fantastic!

• Spinaker
                            Spinaker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Great to hear man!! I bet those were damn good!! badf00d

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here