Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ ~ has landed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a few pictures after I sealed the flat and point into their sleeping bags. The first one was the KBQ fire after I let it burn down. Looks pretty cool. That sealer is something else. Perfect for BBQ.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      My brother wanted it sliced up because he has no idea how to cut up a brisket . I explained to him that it would be better for me to send it a whole but he opted to have me slice it Ernest badf00d

• badf00d
      badf00d commented
      Editing a comment
      Aha, makes sense. Looks great. That sealer looks a lot like the one I have. I have the VacMaster VP215 vacuum chamber, and my dad has the VP210.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, it's the 210. What a great machine. I want one.

Hi to all.
    My KBQ is ordered and should ship Monday according to Bill. I had decided on a Lang 36", but right before placing my order I saw the KBQ here on amazingribs.com and after about an hour of research I changed my mind. I've read all 29 pages of this thread and know I made the right choice. I've found a wood source and an going there today.
    I've been using my 22.5 WSM for years now but wanted a smoker would hold more meat and burn wood.
    I can't wait to try it out
    Cheers. Mike

Comment

Mpryan great choice!! It's a fantastic smoker with zero learning curve really.

Comment

Be ready for all the praise you'll be receiving for the food you make on the KBQ. It's a really fun cooker to use and the results are outstanding. Wise choice.

Comment

Excited to have weather that will work out for using my KBQ this weekend! Ribs and a flat in the refrigerator.

Comment

Anyone not doing ribs this weekend is a weirdo! LOL
            Costco ran out of STL Ribs.

Comment

I've not done STL Ribs yet. Just backribs. What am I missing?

Comment

• Ernest
                Ernest commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't touch baby back ribs. Yes you're missing a lot!

I have had this tool for a couple of months now and I am extremely pleased. Looking forward to the holiday.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Where did you get those casters? And how did you attache them? I need to get something like this figured out. Thanks.

KBQ is taking over backyards!!

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Damn right man!!

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                We need to have a KBQ convention.

The Ravenna kettle cover fits perfect and only twenty bucks on Amazon. Started with Black and Decker alligator, returit as the Work Jaw Saw works way better with the ability to cut logs straight off the concrete.

Comment

I did do ribs tonight but not on the KBQ I haven't fired it up in two weeks!!! I don't know what is wrong with me. After seeing this most recent discussion I want to KBQ something BAD, like really bad. I might have to drive 5 hours home tonight just to throw a Briz on. Congrats to Mpryan on his purchase!! Welcome to the KBQ Brotherhood!!

Comment

Picked up the wheels at Tacoma Screw which is kinda like Harbor Freight. I had a local metal shop weld them on the bottom. Now the KBQ is at the perfect height for me to sit in a chair and do all the work.

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool Thanks. Time to get the TIG welder out. I don't know if I'm that brave though. With the PBC it wasn't an issue to weld some stacks on. but the KBQ may have to go to a professional.

Mine is perfect as is.

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hear ya, But I hate moving it out of the garage with those little wheels. I usually just bear hug it and carry it out.

• Ernest
                    Ernest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mine stays under the cover outside. I only move it inches away from the window
                    The fan box lives inside the house. .

I love the wheels in terms of moving it from where I store it to where I cook. I actually sold my Kamado Joe. Still have my Tec Infrared(the new models) which is incredible.

Comment

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Out of curiosity, which model? I have a Cherokee and love it, but I'd much prefer the stainless G whatever model.

Do any of you use a leave in meat temp probe? If so which one?
                  Thanks Mike

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't bother in the KBQ. But I use Mavericks for my other rigs.

• Koy Schoppe
                    Koy Schoppe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have the iGrill 2, and I was able to ever so slightly bend one of the probes to make it a little more straight. It fits in the corner holes, but the bend in it wouldn't allow it to pass. Now it does easily. Also, the iGrill pit probe fits perfectly in the temp probe hole by the fan box.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here