Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ ~ has landed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oldsteve no dry brining necessary. Just seasoned and bagged. The time in the Hot tub time machine took care of the brining

Comment

• oldsteve
      oldsteve commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ernest! See what happens when you have too much knowledge. You'll never get any rest!

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      There's no rest for the living!

KBQ order has been placed! This thread + the comments under Max Good s reviews + some nice fantasy football winnings pushed me over the edge. Can't wait to try it out!

KBQ = Koy Be 'Queing!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude I am so Jealous. That first time you taste the food off that sucker......well....no one forgets their first time....Right? Congrats, you've got a lot of awesome food ahead of you. Now start finding a solid wood source.

• oldsteve
      oldsteve commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Are you driving to the "factory" to pick yours up? It would be worth it just to meet Bill Karau. Like Spinaker said, start scrounging up some wood. You'll want to have a good supply on hand because once you cook on it, your other cookers will feel neglected.

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on the KBQ!

oldsteve I will be picking it up. I am just north of Houston so should be an easy drive! Save 200 and get to meet Bill, easy decision.

Comment

Koy Schoppe check these guys out. They will probably let you pick your own scraps. http://www.houstontreeservice.org

Comment

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        Good advice Ernest. Guest bring a full size garbage can with you and fill it up. I used a plastic one with a snap on lid to keep the wood dry.

I just love having hanging Chikins in the KBQ.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20160116_185816-picsay.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	360854
      Last edited by Ernest; August 11, 2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful chikin

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I have yet to hang in the KBQ. I always forget brother.

Skin is crackling,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160116_190146.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	360858

Duck fat roasted potatoes, chimichurri sauce....

Name:	IMG_20160116_194024.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	360859
      Last edited by Ernest; August 11, 2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Ernest You on the KBQ payroll yet? You outta be brother.

Comment

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL!! I think I've sold quite a few.

Come inside the KBQ On football Sunday......

Name:	IMG_20160117_124958-picsay.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	362007

Name:	IMG_20160117_145820.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	362008

Hold the sauce please!!

Name:	IMG_20160117_132346-picsay.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	362009

Last edited by Ernest; August 13, 2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Rub?

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker no rub. Fresh cracked Pepper medley (black, green, red, white Pepper and all Spice berries) Granulated Garlic and a tiny bit of chipotle powder.
          Salt of course.
          All Mesquite wood.

• slvance
          slvance commented
          Editing a comment
          After looking at Ernest's ingredients and pictures I'm starting to think he went to cooking school or something??? Sometimes what the meat sits on is more impressive!

Hot and beautiful. I'm talking about the food.

Comment

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          You just busted my bubble!!

KBQ mesquite short ribs......

Name:	IMG_20160118_191826-picsay.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	362010

Name:	IMG_20160118_192926-picsay.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	362011

Beef short ribs is the king of BBQ if you ask me!!
        Last edited by Ernest; August 13, 2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn Sam, that's a kickass smoke ring!

Wow, Looks great. I agree, hard to beat the beef rib!

Comment

Ernest Looking good. Those suckers have so much moisture. That is the thing I notice the most about the KBQ. The moisture retention is crazy. Maybe its just the meat I am buying, but I have a feeling the ol' KBQ has a bigger hand in that. How long did you let those rest before you cut them up?

I took a brisket to 209 F the other weekend, 203 F in one other area. But it was over 203 F every where else. I am not sure how long it was there because it cooked so fast. I was worried that it was going to be dried out. Not the case at all. It was crazy. Just as much moisture as ever.

There is no question that the KBQ is the real deal. Bill Karu should get some kind of presidential medal of achievement for creating something so beautiful.......To Far.? Maybe not.

Comment

That is a pronounced smoke ring! Wow, looks delicious.

Comment

Spinaker cut right off the KBQ. I LOVE my KBQ and I LOVE BBQ!!

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Right on brother!!!! Ernest

Thanks Koy for the heads up on the Lodge hibachi! I ordered it. Hopefully they actually have it in stock. A couple of other places I had contacted said it was on back-order, but I really doubt that since Lodge discontinued making them. Thanks again!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here