Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ ~ has landed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHAHA! Koy Schoppe can't sleep on stickburner. Every thirty minutes
    Last edited by Ernest; January 29, 2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• oldsteve
      oldsteve commented
      Editing a comment
      That's half the fun of the KBQ, maintaining the coal bed and watching it do its magic.

Ribs turned out great!

Comment

I split up some Cherry, oak and ash today. All cut to size for the KBQ. There are a lot of little logs in big old cherry tree.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice!

Yesterday, I made some bacon and a brisket point. I had trimmed off a flat from a point, I am making the flat into pastrami. The cook went really well. The bacon came out excellent and the point was out of this world good.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0137.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	138486 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0138.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	138487 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0152.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	138488

Comment

Spinaker DUDE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
          Spinaker DUDE!!
          Yeah man, the results just keep getting better with this thing. I think I will run it full "dirty" smoke all the time. Even the "dirty" smoke. Is clean as all get out.

Comment

Spinaker yeah, I really don't see why Bill called it "dirty" smoke.

Comment

When I made Canadian Bacon a couple of weeks ago I also used the so called "dirty smoke". It came out wonderful. There was no overpowering smoke flavor.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah man thats what were saying. Isn't it just crazy? We are some pretty lucky dudes. Meanwhile, everyone else has to find that 'Blue smoke sweet spot"

When you guys run dirty are you using the lid on the firebox? If so any problems getting enough oxygen to the fire?

Comment

Originally posted by alecksjaycubs View Post
                When you guys run dirty are you using the lid on the firebox? If so any problems getting enough oxygen to the fire?
                alecksjaycubs I still keep the lid on the firebox. Bill says that you should. The theory is, that with the lid off while the "dirty" damper is open, you will suck in cold ambient air into the cook box. I don't know if this is true or not. But Bill obviously knows what he is doing so maybe he's right. I usually just keep the lid on if I am running "dirty." Except for when I am adding more wood to the fire. If I ever have oxygen problems, or the fire is struggling, I put the lid on the firebox at an angle across the firebox. This way your still trapping some heat and you won't get as much ambient air into the cooking chamber, and the fire is free to breathe. I really think that by the time the air gets to the damper, its heated up high enough to nothave a cooling effect on the cooking chamber. I hope this helps.

Comment

alecksjaycubs they're two smoke inlets on the Firefox. Pull top smoke inlet open for the dirty smoke. . You can't Starve the wood of oxygen on the KBQ, unless you cover the whole firebox.
                  The lid itself does not starve the fire.
                  Last edited by Ernest; February 1, 2016, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Just maybe Ernest, Spinaker and a few more pit members will go in and get me KBQ for my birthday in April...just saying 😉

Comment

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe if DWCowles and Huskee will go in on a Lang or a Yoder.......

• Ernest
                      Ernest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL!! DWCowles you cooked sous vide so anything is possible

• Dr ROK
                      Dr ROK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And if they hit the lottery, my b-day is this month, so don't forget about me!

KBQ has won the Superbowl!

Name:	IMG_20160207_122957.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	362015

Name:	IMG_20160207_135946.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	362016

Name:	IMG_20160207_155228-picsay.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	362017

Last edited by Ernest; August 13, 2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

KBQ is winning in Houston as well! Pulled beef sandwiches on pretzel rolls! Chicken drumsticks cooked while the beef rested. Also threw some brats on as well. All so good. Took the beef past 207 internal and that made a world of difference. Was like butter when I pulled it. (Thanks @pitboss for the tip).

Comment

Superbowl 50 MVP....... KBQ

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here