Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steakhouse burger pre sear:
    http://amazingribs.com/recipes/hambu...e_burgers.html

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look pretty darn amazing! And I like the Slow 'N Sear in the background

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      SAWEEET, @jon solberg

Hope they tasted as good as they look. Betting they did.
      Last edited by richinlbrg; June 6, 2015, 06:46 PM.

3 racks o baby backs, 1 HHR ( Thanks Huskee), 1 dalmatian, 1 MMD (Thanks Meathead)

Last edited by Jon Solberg; June 7, 2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Been waiting all day for this chuckie sammich with saute' onions, peppers and Provolone cheese. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0090.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	88461

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, my

That is it, simply, ohhh, my

WOW

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Ernest there's more meat under those veggies than you think

• The Burn
      The Burn commented
      Editing a comment
      Yum!

Encore by family demand

Comment

My version of Pork Tenderloin Piccata

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Groovy, as always. I could eat fried foods 24/7. And I got the 6'0" 145 pound 28" waist frame to prove it.

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Just lightly browned in canola oil. Finished in the pan with Italian seasoning, white wine, chicken stock, garlic, onion, lemon, caper sauce. Served over homemade pasta.

For some reason the pics don't upload in the order I post. Oh well...
      Last edited by troymeister; June 8, 2015, 07:30 AM.

OK, here is my offering for today. Needed practice with the fuse on my WSM. Didn't practice after last weekend's disseater, so I decided to have a practice run with a rack of BBs I had on hand. Not a planned smoke. Didn't brine. Didn't trim. No mustard. Just spread my rub and onto the WSM. Mostly ran wide open with temps around 240ish - pretty much EXACTLY what I was looking for. Not an issue since there was only one rack on. Bigger smoke in 2weeks, so I wanted to get the fuse down right.

One note, first time I have ever done just 1 rack, so I did them flat (a first), sprinkled them with brown Sugar ala Huskee NICE touch!

Needed to pull them a tad early, so all the fat had not rendered out yet, and they were not yet fall off the bone tender, but they were dayum good!

Confident that I have the fuse down well enough to use when it counts.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Good going!!! I'd inspect them things.

A little Sunday dessert. Chocolate mousse

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Nice, a stinkin' moose hunt in the Yukon Territory is over $14,000. Yikes!!

I like your way better....

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      HOLEY MOLEY!!!

Now THAT is"Ernest"!

DAYUM!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll take 3

No pics, sorry, I ate it all. Tonight I warmed up a few slices of brisket my BBQ sensei cooked for me, piled it onto a toasted bun with a pickle slice and went into beef Nirvana. Life is good!

I'll try to restrain myself long enough to snap a few pics from the next cook.

Bill

Comment

My first go on the 1960s Kenmore charcoal grill with rotisserie I picked up off of Craigslist last week for $18. All I can say is I got lucky. Trying to figure out fire placement/building/management on this thing, but I did this very hands on. It's amazing to watch the chicken self-basting as it spins around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	17962209484_fed5b206f8_o.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	88544

Name:	18580380312_fcf1156cb4_o.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	88545

Name:	18584861595_8d5424cbff_o.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	88546

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        FANTASTIC! You did hit the jackpot!

Last Meal Ribs... Everyone, including my 2.5 y/o grand daughter loved the ribs.

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
        Steve Vojtek commented
        Editing a comment
        In all the months i've been on AR and all the recipes i've done from here i've never done the last meal ribs - i have used Memphis Dust on chicken and pork loin and other stuff and loved it = it's time for me to do the ribs ....they look awesome....

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        @Steve... St. Louis style ribs with Memphis Dust is to die for. I really think that's Meathead's #1 claim to fame. Then there is the other 49 1/2 items and techniques he's famous for.

Taco night for me. Sous vide beef cheek OOOOOH MAN!

Been working on tortillas that have the great corn taste with the steadiness of flour tortillas. Nailed them

My wife is on a sissy diet so made her sous vide Cajun Tilapia with mango salsa.

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest, I'm running out of superlatives!

NICE!

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you gentlemen!

• Steve Vojtek
        Steve Vojtek commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks like pulled beef cheeks - looks awesome Ernest - as always....

Pork butts that I cooked this past Saturday/Sunday. At 195 IT (they had stayed at ~195 for over 2 hours) I did the fork twist and they were done (bone was also loose and probe tender), so since it was almost 2 hours before lunch (my grand-daughter's 10th birthday lunch/party), I wrapped and put in a faux cambro until lunch. This is the first time I've ever wrapped or held in a faux cambro, and these were by leaps-and-bounds the most tender pork butts ever. About 7.5 lb each, 16 hours at 225 before wrapping.

Name:	IMG_1474.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	88762

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        I have also been learning how important the cambro is!

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        @Fuzzydaddy

I always plan in a 2 hour cambro rest period when I plan my pork butt cooks. I think the meat is better when you actually give that 2 hour rest. The other advantages are if you get a stubborn butt that just won come out of the stall or your BGE isn't cooperating and your temp is unstable. You have those 2 extra hours to get food on the table on time.

Beef fajitas

Name:	18435770988_047c991e2a_o.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	88890

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
        Steve Vojtek commented
        Editing a comment
        I love fajitas - they're awesome..

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Fajita king strikes again!

Just A couple of BBRs I did for my brother-in-law. He didn't want no sauce.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0091.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	383.8 KB
ID:	88951

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        No sauce is a good thing. I like to put sauce on the table as a side item for sauce lovers.

A little late to start low and slow cooking.
      Anybody wanna take a guess what this is?

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        After clicking on the picture...I guess bacon wrapped ribs. lol.

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        HAHAHA fuzzydaddy

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm... I'd say bacon wrapped meatloaf or bacon wrapped pork loin?

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here