Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lasagna Rollups - while work is being done in the kitchen

-- Ed

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lasagna_Rollups.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	92488

Comment

Baking on the lil smokey aka WSM 14.5

Comment

Now this is what grilling is all about and an example of the beauty of the SnS. One of the grocery stores around here occasionally puts Australian grass-fed beef tenderloin on sale - this time at $6.99/lb with a limit of one. So, of course, I bought the biggest one they had - 6.5 lbs. Broke it down into 3 unequal parts. This was about 2.5 lbs. Rubbed like a tri-tip: close to equal parts kosher salt, coarse black pepper and granulated garlic. Did about 3/4 of a lit chimney so I could have the high heat for the sear. Did about 30 minutes indirect from 450 down to 350 until it reached 115 internal. Then I took off the cover and opened the bottom vents full and the direct side rose to 561 and then went to HHH. Reverse seared to 125ish.

Name:	18561921894_fddbd981a9_o.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	92731

Unintentionally rested for about 10 minutes while I was doing some other stuff

Name:	19188038051_c607ab17b8_o.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	92732

Then sliced into thick slices. It cut like butter and was perfectly delicious with some finishing flake salt

Name:	18996769830_2cb3b42565_o.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	92733

Name:	18561919444_45c9d45a26_o.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	92734

Thanks SnS!

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang, that is beautiful! Why are you not my next door neighbor.....

• The Burn
          The Burn commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee - because you live somewhere even colder than I do :-)

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the same thing Pit Boss tells me.

HEEEEEEE HAAAAW!!
        Seasoned with salt and salt only.

I'm not really a fan of charred Steak. Just a nice crispy crust.
        Now I'll crack me some mixed peppercorns and sprinkle with some more black truffle salt.

That was beef butter!!

Comment

Table salt currently dry brining this side. Other side spent 3 hours with table salt goodness.

Name:	P1010033.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	92882 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010036.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	92883

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          @Pit Boss

She doesn't care to watch. NOTHING like closing the vents, plugging in a fan, and chillin' in the house. Maverick let me know when it was getting close to reverse sear time.

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          WOW

Simply beautiful! You are setting a high bar for the rest of us!!

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife used to do well done as well. I stopped asking her and started serving her medium well then medium. She has settled in on medium. Then One day it will be surpriiiiiiiiise medium rare.....

Sous vide experiment, brisket flat at 135 for 48 hours. Chilled, then smoked with pecan, then assaulted over flames. You tell me.....

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          Neato. Some guy on the main site did one pretty much sous vide'd all the way. You have pastrami without the prague.

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          And you, sir, have been resetting the bar for ages! Looks GREAT!

Will you do it this way again, Ernest ?

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          richinlbrg OOOOOH yes I'll. And if I happen to have a full packer I'll cut it and do the flat this way.

It is cooks like this where you feel sorry for people who do not have a Weber Kettle, Auber Fan, and a Slow 'n Sear!!!

Sorry, 3/4 of the way into this dude before I remembered to take a pic.

Name:	P1010040.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	92982

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
          It is cooks like this where you feel sorry for people who do not have a Weber Kettle, Auber Fan, and a Slow 'n Sear!!!
          I can't fault you there Nice cook!

Comment

Separated spares. St. Louis' get the Pit Barrel. Riblets get the kettle with slow 'n sear and cherry wood. All going to cook while at church, so the Auber can keep the kettle rolling and the Pit Barrel can just do its normal thing. Huskee's Rib Rub, Allspice substituted for Cumin. St. Louis consumed today. Riblets used later in a Jambalaya. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010041.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	93058 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010042.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	93059

Comment

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              All spice, very interesting. I have a jar of all spice berries. I like to grind my own spices.

• Tim E
              Tim E commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good Jerod Broussard. I want to try this variation of Huskee's Rib Rub on the PBC. Doesn't his rub call for brown sugar mounded on top? Do you just mix some extra in with the other ingredients due to the hang method on PBC?

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              I don't put anymore brown. I buy a brown sugar BBQ sauce to compliment. Tim E

Reverse seared rump roast. Quinoa, grilled cabbage from our garden, Porcini mushroom red wine pan sauce, horseradish dipping sauce. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0798.JPG
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	93066 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0803.JPG
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	93067 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0787.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	93068 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0794.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	346.9 KB
ID:	93069

Comment

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing is more splendid than cooking with this view.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice indeed! I especially like the well used chimney atop the deck rail. That is exactly what it looks like at my home nearly 24/7. Unless the wind blows it off.

I had fun cooking in the rain yesterday. Started out like a nice spring rain and I sat out under the patio umbrella with my cookers and drink for awhile. Then it came down sideways and I went into the patio. The moment I sat down, a gust knocked over the umbrella and, because my Maverick was hanging on the pole, it took the lid of my kettle with it. Ran outside, got it reset, and wouldn't you know the SnS brought that sucker back up to temp almost immediately. Moved the Maverick luckily since the umbrella got blown over a few more times, even with a couple of cinder blocks on the base for extra weight. It got windier and rainier and stayed that way for hours, always fun for maintaining temps.

The brisket flat I did was just average, since it didn't have much of a fat cap and I let the temps run for awhile at the end. But the beef back ribs I did, with something similar to BBBR, were OUTSTANDING.

Name:	19210030252_0e3490d15c_o.jpg
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	93112

Name:	18593389864_fe2dddcd96_o.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	93113

Comment

Oh what a difference a day makes. Today was beautiful and perfect for cooking outdoors. Add the fact that ShopRite had top round london broil on sale for $1.99/lb (limit one twin pack unfortunately) and what could be better.

Two london broils weighing in at 4.5 lbs. One just salt and pepper and the other with a balsamic glaze. They were a bit thick, so reverse seared with the SnS

Name:	19061102590_6c33f24d1b_o.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	93312

Here's the glazed one

Name:	19248695695_71dced59c7_o.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	93313

Add some corn grilled will butter and tarragon, done over direct heat on the other kettle

Name:	18628152993_c4182bb792_o.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	93314

And some smashed yukon gold potatoes with chives finished on the kettle, and you have Sunday dinner

Name:	18628148463_0b3ed5d31b_o.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	93315

Comment

The Burn That's "Ernest"!

Comment

• The Burn
                  The Burn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Huskee. Don't know that I'm even remotely in his neighborhood, but I'll take it :-)

Wow, The Burn . Nice cook!

Kathryn

Comment

• The Burn
                  The Burn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks K!

Last nights cook... 2-1" thick Wagyu New York steaks and 2-2" thick choice grade Ribeye's Tomahawk style. Grilled on a 3 burner gasser. I did a reverse sear on the Ribeye's and a direct cook on the 1" Wagyu's. All came out nicely.

Attached Files

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                  Jon Solberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thats some good looking free food!

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gorgeous WF. Makin me proud!

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think this is weird of myself, but I get to drooling when I see Brussels sprouts too. Most any preparation I'm realizing I just love them. This picture is beautiful Breadhead!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here