Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had heat in the grill so I decided to bake......calzone at 500 degrees, no problem.

Comment

Ernest wait for it....

almost there..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	PBA.png
Views:	163
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	99152

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Aaaaah YEEEEEEEAAH! Much appreciated!

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Much deserved!

After Ernest 's posts above, I hesitate to post my dinner! LOL

Ahi tuna steaks, Kford blue in the SnS, indirect to about 100*F then to direct to 125*F IT

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Rich that looks great. I love Ahi tuna. =)

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Rich that's incredible! Like Dave, I too am a HUGE fan of ahi. Nicely done!

I'm SnSing everything in sight....

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        You're killing me @Ernest

Where's my invite?

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest , what was your rub on these?

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        richinlbrg it's called berbere, an Ethiopian seasoning from Penzey's.

Ernest makes me hate everything I cook.

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        richinlbrg I use my Nexus 5 set on hdr+. Just point and shoot. What David Parrish said would work well IF the hungry kids or wife are not around LOL

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        richinlbrg I hear you on the #1, she and #2-4 are constantly giving me the eyeroll. Those times when I don't take a pic I get the slightly sarcastic 'what, no picture??'. Lol. They'll/she'll get used to it. You just have use the "R&D" angle.

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL, Huskee !

R&D as in research and devel.?

#1CLAIMS (not entirely correctly) that the eye roll is MY pervue (she does it too - Nya). All the others are on their own (empty nesters here).
        Last edited by richinlbrg; July 27, 2015, 04:14 PM.

SnS and I are pretty much one by now. We're on the same page

Trying out my griddle

Oh I'm in love!!

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok Ernest the only thing these pics did to me was cost me money. I had to have those cast iron grates and the griddle/hot plates so I just order them. Thanks alot!!!

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee my kids love those checkered things. I got the baskets as well.

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        HAHAHA DWCowles I'm glad I helped someone today.

Craycort right? I've had mine for 5 years.

Grilled Fettuccini
      Cooked on the Performer kettle in the Weber Gourmet BBQ system shallow cast-iron wok - Kingsford Blue was the fuel and an apple chunk was used when cooking the chicken and sausage

The chicken breasts were purchased several days in advance, dry-brined and then frozen. They were defrosted for this dinner. Roughly half a head of garlic had the cloves removed and they were sliced into little saucers or chips. Some olive oil was heated in a skillet and the garlic chips were sautéed until golden. They were then removed from the oil and the oil was reserved and the garlic chips were reserved.

Using the charcoal baskets the center of the Performer was filled with Kingsford Blue, was lit and came to temperature and an apple chunk was added. The chicken breasts and Italian sausage were cooked indirect and reverse seared - internal temps were around 165 when they came off the grill. The Weber Gourmet BBQ shallow cast-iron wok was inserted into the center of the grate and the grill was covered for 10 minutes for it to come to temp. The red onion and red pepper were cut into chunks and marinated in the Worchestershire, hot sauce, Basalmic vinegar and olive oil. A can of tomato paste was added to the wok, was stirred around and sat for 1 minute. Then the onions and peppers were added and were sautéed for a few minutes. Next in was the mushrooms, capers and tomatoes. After a few minutes the chicken stock and reserved tomato juice were added. The grill was covered and the liquid was reduced and thickened by the tomato paste during this time so that it had some viscosity. The wok was removed from the grill and the shrimp was added. While all of this was going on the pasta was cooked el dente, drained and then was tossed with the garlic infused olive oil for flavor and to prevent it from clumping and sticking. Once the shrimp became pink the chopped herbs were added as well as some fresh squeezed lemon juice for brightness. The pasta was then mixed in. Then the pasta dish was plated and cubed chicken and sausage were placed on top and the whole dish was garnished with the garlic chips.

This was a complex dish with complex flavors. Different bites would yield different tastes. The quantity was large because not only was it dinner for the 2 of us but it was also made as a gift to one of my wife’s co-workers for her birthday. Of course, we had leftovers in mind too. This dish was served with crusty bread.

Here are pics:

Name:	IMG_0200.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	99525

Name:	IMG_0203.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	99522

Name:	IMG_0202.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	99524

Name:	IMG_0201.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	99523

Here's a before and after of my wife's dinner plate:

Name:	IMG_0204.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	99527

Name:	IMG_0206.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	99526

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        LOVE the last two best! LOL

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        :-)

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Great Cook! Happy Wife, Happy Life!

David Parrish I did my first cook on the SNS tonight. I did a dry run yesterday and it went well, so I decided to do one of the Pork Bellies I had curing for the past 15 days. Man did it come out great. Great color and the flavor is out of bounds. The SNS ran a bit hot at about 240 F but thats not a big deal in my mind. I've got no problems with that temp. It also helps to brown the fat a bit more on the belly, which I like.
      I used my torch to light the coals. Then used about a half a chimney of unlit coals that I dumped on the 10 lit coals I had going in the SNS. Then I put two chunks of Hickory on top and put the lid on. It was a bit windy so I closed down the dampers to a crack at about 140 F and she climbed slowly from there. It leveled out at about 235F to 240F.
      I was very happy with this cook. I am still learning on the Kettle so the fact that she ran a bit hotter than 225F, I chalk up to my own elementary skills with the Kettle itself. I am pretty excited about the new SNS!! What a great day to be in BBQ land.

Name:	IMG_3695.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	99565 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3696.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	99564 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3693.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	99563 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3694.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	99562

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Great cook and that second from last pic is going on our website!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        David Parrish Sounds great! I already PM'd Huskee per his request.

It's not much, but makes me happy. $8 in food, a few beers and a grill I made myself. Being 250 miles from home, it satisfies.
      Attached Files

Comment

• snowandsmoke
        snowandsmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess I need to learn how to post pics on this forum 😕

been ghosting a while, too busy cooking and eating I guess. Got my Anova and my SNS. Here's some stuff.

I put this one on reddit, and included the SNS name

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome cook, and thanks for the shoutout on Reddit!

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful pics!

Boston Butt. This took 14 hours to cook. One wrapped and one not. Injected one with a mix of spices, sugar, apple juice and water. Did a dry Brine for 28 hours. Came out amazing. I've done a few now and every one has taking over 12 hours. Still trying to figure out how you all get yours done so fast.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I average 10hrs when wrapping 4lb butts (about 6-7 until wrapping and 3 or 4 after wrapping), and a couple I did unwrapped took 16hrs. This has been my typical experience.

12 hours sounds about right.

Comment

• Andrew64
        Andrew64 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to know I not the only one then..lol..I tell ya the three butts I smoking right now are surely putting up a fight. I've got one that stalled at 150 for 3 hours and one that's bouncing all over. One min its 175 then its dropping then sits then back up then back down..never seen this happen before...its not acting like a stall...its eract

SnS Chikin.....

Corn....

That was GUUD!!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect looking chicken

As Jerod ( Jerod Broussard ) often says: Ni-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ce!

Kathryn

Comment

Sockeye salmon was on the menu tonight and we decided to try leeks and fennel as well, all direct........or so we planed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here