Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last meal ribs with an SnS and Auber.
    Last edited by jcrouse; July 5, 2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Sous vide Ribeye with chimichurri sauce.

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker From my experience it takes an hour per inch thickness to get to the core for steaks. I don't believe everything that I read. So the first Steak I did I used a ziploc bag. Probed it hourly to check core temp.
        But there's no risk of overcooking so I normally just drop it in the hot tub time machine and go about my business.
        I dropped this one in around 2 PM. Went out played with the kids, gym etc. I got hungry around 6 PM. I started my grill, got it nice and hot. Got my sides ready then seared it. No pressure.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds awesome!!! Thanks for the information my friend. Ernest

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        BTW, Spinaker this steak went from freezer to Hot tub time machine. I seasoned it with salt, vacuum sealed and froze it.

Grilled Homemade Italian Sausage & Peppers Parmigiana Hero/Sub/Hoagie/Grinder

There is always satisfaction in turning out a good product, but it is especially satisfying when it's a long hands-on process all in one day. GF asked for italian sausage for dinner and I found that we had finished my frozen stash. So off to the store I went to get a pork shoulder. Came home with a bone-in just shy of 10 pounds; processed it down to 9 pounds of cubes. Ground with the KitchenAid and then stuffed into casings, again with the KitchenAid - it's really slow, but good enough for the occasional batch.

Reverse seared the sausage and grill-roasted a pepper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	18831756374_14dec15fdb_o.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	95079

The SnS got so hot that when I started the sear that it melted/shriveled the artificial casing. In other words, the above no longer has a casing.

Fresh (but not homemade) baguette, homemade sauce, sausage, pepper

Name:	19458530891_d302386bf3_o.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	95080

Grated some mozzarella and toasted under the broiler

Name:	18833636673_382c90ba8a_o.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	95081

Final product

Name:	19458533521_c314fcc7d2_o.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	95082

It was a long process, but when I finally sat down and ate, it was soooo worth it. Of course, I've also got about 8 lbs of sausage stocked up. Some will go on grilled pizza tomorrow night - with MH's neapolitan dough resting away overnight.

Comment

Me my Son, his wife, brother and farther in law and 2 grandkids having 1 3/4" choice Ribeye steaks. Grilled on a 3 burner gasser, reverse sear style. The father and brother in law had never seen a steak cooked like this and were completely convinced I was burning their steaks. All turned out really well.
        Last edited by Breadhead; July 6, 2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Breadhead Very nice...I still don't know how you cook upside down

• Steve Vojtek
          Steve Vojtek commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful flames you have going on your gasser. I bet those steaks were awesome!!

• smarkley
          smarkley commented
          Editing a comment
          He is really good at yoga too, I bet

Made some Windsor Loin yesterday:

Complete write up over in Porknography.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hell YEAH!!! Now that's caveman style baby!! That just looks primal. Great job. jayn

• smarkley
          smarkley commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome!

• Rodcrafter
          Rodcrafter commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm going to have to do this, my wife likes me to cook stuff she hasn't had before. Nice work!

Now that's pretty, jayn . Looks delicious.

Kathryn

Comment

I just fired up my Weber that I picked up on Craig's list for $40 clams. Not a bad deal. There is a little chipped paint on the lid and some scratches here and there. All of that I don't really care about. I just made some of my Pumpkin Honey corn bread in my cast iron on the Weber. It turned out great!! I'm pretty pumped to have one of these again. And I am really pumped to get my SNS to really kick this deal up a notch!!

Name:	79b96e71-84cf-4d57-a9ba-b54f90174f49.png
Views:	243
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	95346 Click image for larger version

Name:	db8c5aa5-307e-4b13-96f0-0ff4b034735f.png
Views:	181
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	95347

Comment

Sorry for the small pics, for some reason, when I load the large pictures they still upload as small.

Comment

Taco beatdown!
              Had some pulled pork leftovers, put a Korean twist on it.

Comment

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice beefsicles!

• Steve Vojtek
                  Steve Vojtek commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome!

Looking Good!! I've never done beef ribs. Gotta check that one off the list. SmokindaddyJ

Comment

Most folks don't believe me when I say that I'm a vegan. That beautiful steak is just garnish.....

Comment

• Ernest
                    Ernest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Much appreciated Breadhead !!!

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love me some wild rice.

• troymeister
                    troymeister commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol...Vegan....I think that meant you once drove a Vega long ago..

Spineless Chicken..........My favorite chicken marinade : Chiavetta's........6 hours in the pool........~ 2 hours in some hickory smoke........Crunchy - Juicy - Yummy!

Comment

Last Meal Ribs - It's been awhile since I've been here due to an extremely busy trial schedule. I finally have a couple of weeks off and decided to jump back into the pool. Making 3 racks of SLC's that I had trimmed, peeled, vacuum sealed and put in the freezer. No special occasion, I just felt like firing up the smoker.

Dry brined overnight:

Name:	20150710_100505.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	95843

Rubbed with MMD:

Name:	20150710_101646.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	95844

They came out great. Sorry for the glare in the first 2 of the following pix.

Not sauced:

Name:	20150710_201304.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	95974

Sauced:

Name:	20150710_201354.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	95975

A Perfect Rib:

Name:	20150710_202054.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	95976

Last edited by Dewesq55; July 10, 2015, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• The Burn
                      The Burn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Welcome back Counselor

• smarkley
                      smarkley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Welcome back David... nice to see you again

• Dewesq55
                      Dewesq55 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks. It's good to be back. I totally missed you folks. I did one smoke (also ribs) since I was last here on my gas smoker at my vacay home. But I forgot to take pics. And as you know, if there's no pics, it didn't happen.

Choice, 9.25 pounds before trimming. Cooked FAST. Flat never got wrapped. Twas separated from the thicker part of the point.

Name:	P1010052.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	95922 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010053.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	95923

Comment

• Dewesq55
                      Dewesq55 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks fabulous, Jerod! I really wish I could find a whole brisket around here.

• richinlbrg
                      richinlbrg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      WOW

What is your rub?

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      richinlbrg the Big Bad Beef Rub. It was cooked b/n 300-350 for a couple hours. Then laid on the grate to bark up the flat. I brought it down to the upper 200's when I went to the grate. The top of the flat is pathetic at attaining bark while hanging. So I just position all the fat caps to allow them to be plenty barked when it is time to go to the grate. Last few cooks have been dead on.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here