Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 weeknight dinners (Monday and yesterday - Wednesday). On Monday we had a steak/shrimp caesar salad. I cooked the steak shrimp and a couple of mushroom caps that needed to be consumed on the Smokey Joe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0121.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	81739

Last night we had chicken drumsticks, corn and a salad. Near the end of the cook I hit the chicken with a Western Carolina sauce (I posted the recipe in the appropriate forum).

Name:	IMG_0123.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	81740

Name:	IMG_0124.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	81741

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      You had me at "steak/shrimp Caesar salad"

Boti Kebab (lamb cubes marinated overnight in yogurt and spices) cooked in the tandoor oven. 7 minutes to medium. Came out excellent.

Name:	20150507_163656.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	81802

Name:	20150507_163825.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	81803

Name:	20150507_163802.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	81805

Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Looks better than the "lamb fries" Chevy Chase ate on Funny Farm. "Just call me Mr. Lamb Fry." hilarious.....

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good, DEW. Haven't seen you here in a while; good to see you!!

Hope all is well!

Hot and fat brisket in the Pit Barrel. To be chilled and reheated for lunch Saturday in southwest Louisiana.

Got the fat cap pretty dark. Will eventually have to go to the grate to get the flat barked up. 1 hour 40 minutes in.

Name:	P1010017.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	81809

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard do I see a chair and a foot stool behind that brisket? 😀

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Anybody becomes a king once they cook enough of these dang things. On a typical home oven, 3.5-4 hours (depending on thickness) at 250 degrees.

1. I like to take them out the fridge (leave in foil) and let them sit at room temp for an hour or so before putting them in the oven. A super-charged convection like we have at our school will get that internal temp I want in 3 hours, easy. Maybe before, I overshot with it my first go with that thing.
      2. I like an internal in the flat of about 165. Once I hit that, I will rest it and make some burnt ends with the point.
      3. If you get close to 200 it will make the point mushy.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; May 7, 2015, 05:25 PM.

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      That is an old electric chair that doesn't work we tried to sell for someone. I don't watch TV so all TV trays have been converted to portable BBQ tables.

I kalbi in the works, in meantime I'll eat a salad LOL.

Comment

If this dudette don't smell beautiful, then my name ain't Nathan Arizona. 185 internal. 1.5 more hours and she should be done. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010018.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	81833
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; May 7, 2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      What temp are you running the PBC?

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      325-350, cool side. 30-40 degrees above that, over the hot stuff near the vent. I had the brisket angled on the rebar so the fat cap was facing the hotter side. Then i went to the grate shortly thereafter to bark up the flat. The cool side was maybe 40-45% capacity, the hot side was about 110% capacity. 15 minute preheat, then almost 5 minutes with the lid on. It got to 395 at just about 4 minutes. Brisket 9.5 pounds before trimming. Think it was right at 7 hours.

Salt, pepper ribs with a simple glaze

About to rain

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Ernest Hahaha that umbrella pic is just classic. "If you can't duct it F*&$ it!!"

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      HAHAHA!!

• Dr ROK
      Dr ROK commented
      Editing a comment
      MacGiver would be proud of your water proofing skills!

Name:	20150509_234158.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	82033 Not bbq'd - all cooked indoors but it was delicious:
    Camel burgers (yes the ones with the humps - they're delicious) served on kaiser buns with mixed salad leaves - thinly sliced onion - thinly sliced cherry tomatoes and MH's glop. On the side pan fried onion rings and MH's maple bacon......yumyums...
    (bit dark lookin but new phone and still learning - could't wait to eat it )

Comment

Hmmm... Camel meat. Where did you find that? Do you keep pet camels? Nice cook. I do Meathead's Steakhouse Steakburger indoors sometimes too.

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
        Steve Vojtek commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in Australia but i found it in the halal section of the fridge at my local supermarket. I always look for new things to try. I'm not halal btw i love pork....It looks just like beef but it has more flavour - i wish i could describe the flavour but i lack the skills ...Camels are not indigenous here and their population has to be controlled - i guess that's why they end up in supermarket fridges....my gain..

OK, today is porknography day.

Started by making the bourbon barbeque baked beans, using Jack Daniels honey smokehouse BBQ sauce and, of course, Jack Daniels!

Then onto pork shooters and atomic bombs.

Lastly, put my rub on 2 half racks of BBs. I lost my recipe, so one half has the old rub, and o e half with the re-created. If I get it right, I'll post my rub recipe.

Here are some prelim pics

Comment

WARP 10!

Comment

Crawfish waiting to play in some water.
          Attached Files

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Jerod Broussard dang I wish I was driving thur your area today. I would help you get rid of some of those crawfish. Don't forget the HOT sauce

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            I'm actually in Abbeville, Louisiana at my brother's place. Sister recuperating from emergency surgery last month.

• The Burn
            The Burn commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with you DWCowles. They had some boiled crawfish at the grocery store in PA - they were okay, but not like I remember. And I just got my step-mom's recipe (from La Place, LA) for crawfish etoufee.

Hors d'oerves looking good,smelling outrageous......tasting. WOW

Comment

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Well this is embarrassing, DWCowles, what is a smokey?

Btw, topped with slap yo mamma

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            richinlbrg Little Smokies are small sausages about 1-1/2" long. I think around 25-30 comes in a pack.

I love Slap Ya Mama seasoning. It's good on everything 😊

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            DWCowles, I know what they are. DOH

No, I didn't use them. Just the mild sausage base.

Man, they were great!

Comment

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Too good, Ernest!

OK, final post on today's porknography. pulled the ribs early, like an idiot - i even wrote down what time i put thwm on. GEESH other than not being quote as tender, they were good. #1 REALLY liked MH's bourbon baked beans! the jalapeno poppers were womderful, as were the pork shots! WOW

Comment

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            Why did you pull them early?

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing but pure stupidity, Ernest. I just plane screwed up.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I love summer shandy. It's pretty much my favorite hot weather beer. When I'm mowing and the smoker's running one of them can be found in my hand most times.

SLC's (3 racks) for Mother's Day dinner tomorrow.

Name:	20150509_202155.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	82137

Name:	20150509_203329.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	82138

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Yum! Where ya been?

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here