Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul food for......... The soul!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      This looks amazing. I bet this one didn't last long after the picture

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh...That looks good!! I see there is a sauce and syrup..Anything special??

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      My apologies troymeister, I just saw your comment. Nothing special, just real maple syrup over the waffle then chicken and finished off with a slightly spicy gravy from Chicken stock.

Cooked for carnivores and pesce-vegetarians tonight.

Butterflied boneless leg of lamb on the SnS with oak

Click image for larger version

Name:	19405426378_d538394d8d_o.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	95983

Name:	18970840174_f5bcb09ab1_o.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	95984

Works out nice even though it's unevenly shaped/sized. More medium on one end and medium rare in the thicker part.

Name:	19597744751_d15d05537a_o.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	95985

Garlic Lemon Dill Salmon (also done indirect on the SnS with alder, while the lamb rested)

Name:	19597740791_6643ba73fb_o.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	95986

And Mustard Aioli Grilled Potatoes - finished with fresh green onion, tarragon and flat-leaf parsley

Name:	19406816599_b8b69915be_o.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	95987

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      That lamb is making my mouth water.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow TB. That's a nice cook!

• The Burn
      The Burn commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Gents. Things really are getting easier with the SnS. Felt comfortable enough with the stability to disappear for about 45 minutes. Going to finally do a pork butt on it sometime this week and some bacon next weekend. Then I'll be able to do a review and say that I've done the gamut of my cooks.

My first skirt steak - and I actually got 1 pic this time!!

Marinated in Michael Symon's skirt steak marinade:
    MICHAEL SYMON'S GRILLED SKIRT STEAK
    1 1/2-2 pound Skirt Steak ( or Flank; Hanger; Beef Heart)
    1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
    1/3 cup Brown Sugar
    2 Garlic cloves (smashed)
    2 sprigs of Rosemary
    1 teaspoons Chili Flake = omitted
    Olive Oil
    Salt and Pepper

Hot and fast over the SnS, no water in the water tray. Best corn of the season so far!!

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang you guys have me pretty hungry right now. Luckily I've got my own SnS fired up for a couple of ribeyes!

First SnS ribs... Beware: They cooked FAST... I was gonna bend test at 3 hour 45 min and they were already done! Actually over done! I was maintaining 250 deg F... like we have been talking about.

Name:	2015-07-11 16.03.59.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	96085 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-07-11 16.02.29.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	96087

Attached Files

Comment

Ribeyes done on the gasser with GrillGrates...

Name:	Gasser_Ribeyes_071215.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	96298

This is a perfect example of why you don't rest steaks. Had to get them done because of an impending summer storm, otherwise everything would have timed perfectly with steaks right off the grill and hot rosemary oven fries. In fact, it started raining during the last 2 minutes of the cook.

The two on the right were slightly thicker, so I got to test cooking steaks with different thickness and getting everything to the right IT at the same time. (shooting for 135) Flipped more than once, too.

4 hungry people + 4 ribeyes = 0 leftovers. So, a good time was had by all!

--Ed

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good Medusa got to love those GrillGrates

• Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks DW,

GG's are a real pleasure; ordering the 4th to cover the entire surface of the gasser.

Next step is the SnS for the Kettle - YO!

Ribeyes done on the SnS with GrillGrates serve with loaded baked potatoes and fresh corn on the cob. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0128.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	417.2 KB
ID:	96312

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        IKNOWRIGHT?

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        The whole plate looks good but I am really intrigued with the loaded potatoes. They look great!

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        JeffJ the DW got the recipe from www.dishinwithdi.com

Another summer evening, another meal of London Broil and grilled Corn, courtesy of the SnS

Name:	19677289731_bd7d983883_o.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	96572

Name:	19677291051_268576d287_o.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	96573

Name:	19665712552_11797f3e28_o.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	96574

More importantly, I started curing this beast of a pork belly - almost 14 lbs - for some bacon

Name:	19477820988_9cf3669d55_o.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	96575

Most importantly, when I went to a local meat market to get the belly, they had a couple of Angus Choice whole packers at $3.99/lb!! So I've got a cryovac'd 14-pounder in the meat locker, aka fridge in the garage, just waiting to be cooked. I think I'm going to separate it, pastrami the flat and smoke the point.

Comment

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        The corn looks great. I remember the first time I grilled corn years ago. It was so good that I decided right then and there that I would never cook it any other way and I've held true to that.

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful! We could use some more pics on the facebook page

• The Burn
        The Burn commented
        Editing a comment
        You got it David Parrish

Well it's my favorite time of the year, Salmon fishing on beautiful Lake Michigan for the Ludington Offshore Classic. Headed to the west side of the State tomorrow so I pulled out a large pack of Lake Trout fillets and brined for four hours in a solution of salt, pickling spice, and brown sugar then rinsed and put uncovered in the fridge for two hours and smoked in smoke mode with BBQ'rs delight cherry and pecan and glazed with pure Michigan Maple Syrup at the end and pulled at 145. I am Going to take with me to give the guys a little extra incentive for the tournement, LOL.

Name:	IMG_2222.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	96839 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2223.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	96840
      These pics are from last season.

Name:	IMG_1331.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	96841 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1368.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	96842
      Last edited by Powersmoke_80; July 14, 2015, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW they look GREAT!!

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        It really does.

Bring home some fish brutha...lol

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
        Powersmoke_80 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll get right on it,so far they are catching a few .

Weeknight dinner of pork loin and potatoes on the Performer. I dry-brined the pork loin 2 days prior and lightly hit it with a rub before going on the grill. I cooked it indirect and it took 1.5 hours to hit 145 internal (the high end of medium rare/low end of medium). During the last 45 minutes of cooking I hit each side with a little bit of KC sauce. I used Kingsford Blue as my fuel and an apple chunk that was a little bit bigger than a golf ball to season the food with a little bit of smoke. I also cut a couple of russet potatoes into rounds, tossed them lightly in olive oil, salt and pepper and cooked them indirect as well. Here are some pictures I snapped:

Name:	IMG_0184.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	97151

Name:	IMG_0186.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	97152

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks GREAT!!

A quick cook last night. I've had trouble finding what I want lately.

2 store, not beef tenderloins for #1, no wild salmon, either. So I got a NY strip and a two-pack of sirloin cut to look like tenderloins.

Montreal rub, reverse seared with the SnS, and a side of zucchini and onions with olive oil, basil and oregano.

A good weekday dinner.

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good. Why so few charcoal? I'd say reverse sear but you have on steak on the hot side. What's goin on here? lol

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        It was a reverse sear. That steak was close enough to temp for me, so I was getting a little sear on it.

There were unlit coals still in the SnS, but it ran plenty hot to get a quick sear.

emojii eggs

Name:	emojiEggs.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	97622

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        My iPhone couldn't have done it any better!!

Name:	20150718_152400.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	97705 Just finished 8lbs of bacon.

Comment

I just had to smoke something

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          How'd you get that smoke ring? All the details please

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          David Parrish I damped the ribs in the freezer while I prepped the smoker. I was using big worm with lil smokey charcoal chamber. Removed the water bowl completely and smoked them for an hour. Then put the water bowl back. I wanted the smoke to hit the ribs without any obstruction. Cooked at 220-230 all the way.

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Great technique based on the smoke ring

Sous vide pork chops, sous vide broccoli and roasted pepper with parmesan and garlic mashed potatoes. The chops were pre-seared on a very hot cast iron griddle then in the sous vide bath at 143F for 45 minutes. Finally they were seared again briefly. They were moist and tender but didn't have much flavor. It was my first try with my Anova. I am looking for suggestions for more flavor in sous vide pork chops if any of you sous vide veterans have any. The broccoli was in the sous vide bath in a vacuum sealed bag at 183F for 50 mins. The taste and texture were ok, but as you can see, the color turned drab. I think next time I will try blanching and shocking it before putting it in the bag.

Name:	20150718_204643.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	97773

Name:	20150718_204705.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	97774

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here