Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I got up at 6 am this morning and got some beef ribs, pork ribs, and a small pork butt out.

Got them on the smoker by 7 am.

And then remembered to do the Huskee coating for the ribs. I used succinant.

So the pork ribs will be done at noon. Finished pics to follow.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Marauderer I can't wait to see the results

• Marauderer
      Marauderer commented
      Editing a comment
      I just remembered I have some fresh jalapeno's in the fridge. I will go make some of those atomic bomb dealies and get then on for the last couple of hours of the smoke.

Last Night's Ribs and Cornell Chicken. Asparagus from the garden.

Comment

So I took the fresh Jalapeno's and Made DW's Atomic Bomb ???.

Sliced them like DW did long ways

Cored them and made sure all the seeds were taken out.

Mixed up some whipped Phili cream cheese with some shredded extra sharp white cheddar and filled the halves. That is a pain in the ???? for me not real easy.

wrapped in bacon.

Placed in smoker for 2 hrs at 225*F

And 2 hrs later.

They were still a bit crunchy so we only ate one row and put the rest back in the smoker for another hour to make them a bit more mild.

Took the rack of ribs off and had a bit of tossed salad. Nice break in the bark.

Now just waiting on the PB and BR's I think they both broke through the stall and are on the move toward 203*F

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Marauderer I'm sorry, I failed to mention that I had the ABTs on the top rack which is 50-60 degrees hotter than the bottom rack.

• Tim E
        Tim E commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything looks really good!

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything looks great. I really like your stuffed and wrapped jalapeños. That's a great idea and I am definitely going to shamelessly borrow it.

Thank you for the great description and pictures! NIce job!!

Would the old pastry trick of putting the cream cheese and cheese mix In a baggy, cutting a bottom corner of the baggy and piping it onto the pepper work?

Everything looks GREAT. Y'all are eating well today!

Comment

• Marauderer
        Marauderer commented
        Editing a comment
        Rich, that is a great idea if I had a lot to do.

Here are the bacon wrapped babybacks that I wrote about in a different topic.

Comment

DWCowles I see DW. I have a multi tiered rack for my RT 680. I think it is a Traeger. This is what it looks like.

Comment

The PB and BR's were pulled at 203*F IT.

The Poppers were pulled way to late but,,,, They still taste great.

So ends another great day of cooking.

Comment

Some full spares on a kettle:

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Dats a full spare.....I got two racks in the freezer I need to do one day.

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            tru dat is!

Tried some brisket today on the WSM using techniques as noted in Meathead's interview with Harry Soo. It turned out very good: tender, smokey and delicious.

9-lb brisket flat ready for the WSM

WSM pit ready for hot coals. Apple and hickory wood chunks underneath

The cook about two hours in

Sliced for serving

Comment

Been a busy, smokin, weekend...
            Friday night, burgers on the WSM, with ABTs for appetizers. (4 stars on both)
            Saturday night was Raspberry Chipotle smoked pork loin and steak fries on the WSM. (3 stars on the pork, 2 stars on the fries - fire got away from me).
            Tonight, two whole chickens on the WSM.
            Thankfully, i only used half the burger so I see a replay on the burgers one night this week if things go right. :-)

Comment

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              WOW, you were busy! Looks GREAT!

• 1buba
              1buba commented
              Editing a comment
              It was a great weekend. Looks like only Butts this weekend. Maybe some bakers on the WSM with the butts. :-)

Kissed with Jack Daniels Oak, and ready for the sear. Click image for larger version

Name:	20150503_200756.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	80901

Comment

Not a very good pic but it's late. I come home from work, throw a butt on the Rec Tec at 275 around 7:00pm. Cook it till 1:00 am for lunches the rest of the week (usually only makes it a couple day lol)

Comment

Leftover plate.
                Sometimes I get back from the gym starving and my mind runs wild in kitchen.
                This is one of those times. I had planned on making a sandwich with leftover smoked beef short ribs. Tossed that in the hot tub time machine at 135 degrees to warm up.
                Change of plans, I sliced some bella mushrooms, throw them in ghee

Had some leftover chorizo and mushrooms from an omelette that I made earlier for the wife. Can't waste that.

sliced some green onions, saute that with the mushrooms. Season with mixed pepper corns and salt

Oh look! rice in the refrigerator

Let's put it all together.

And it was a fantastic meal!!

Comment

• cdd315
                  cdd315 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love it when that happens! You have an idea in mind what to make and it ends up something totally different and better than the original idea Looks awesome Ernest!!

• JeffJ
                  JeffJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My favorite dishes are when I take a look at the ingredients I have and just create something from that. Your dish looks great - very creative.

For low carb folks

For regular folks

It's great however you like it. Recipe is up in the Chicken section.

Comment

Throwing some bellies on the BKK. Did the Meathead cure for 8 days. I took some inspiration from Huskee's ribs and rubbed them down the meat side with some brown sugar before I thew them down on the BKK. I'm curious to taste it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3361.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	81689 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3363.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	81690 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3364.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	81691

Here they are after the cook. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3367.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	81701 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3368.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	81702
                  Last edited by Spinaker; May 6, 2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Ernest
                    Ernest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    BLT time!!!

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dat has to be my next project this summer. Just have to found where to order bellies.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here