Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled pork, using Meatheads Memphis Dust and a scratch made bbq sauce

Comment

7# brisket using big bad beef rub. Put it in the smokey mountain around 10PM with mesquite. Came off around 10:30AM then into cooler for 1.5 hours. Gone soon after.

Comment

Comment

My Morning View

Comment

Country style pig ribs, not quite braised roasted then grilled.

Comment

Sous vide Experiment. Full story under recipes and technique

Came out fantastic, very tender but with that Good chew. This only worked because of the thickness of the meat.

Comment

Today... I fired up the BGE to bake a loaf of pre-fermented sourdough bread. I fermented half of the flour with an equal amount of water and just a pinch of sourdough starter for 16 hours. Then I mixed in the rest of the ingredients and proofed for a few hours then baked it. Real Artisan bread. Then I converted the oven to a grill and cooked my absolute favorite chicken dish. Mongolian marinade chicken thighs, bone in, skin on. All went well.
                Last edited by Breadhead; June 5, 2015, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Mongolian chicken thighs.... Marinade

1/2 cup hoisin sauce
                  4 cloves garlic, minced
                  1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
                  1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
                  1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
                  1 tablespoon rice vinegar
                  1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
                  2 teaspoons sesame oil
                  2 teaspoons white sugar
                  1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce... Any type I use Sriracha
                  1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
                  1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Save some for basting on extra as it cooks... Mmmm
                  Last edited by Breadhead; June 5, 2015, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
                    Steve Vojtek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Chicken thighs are my favourite cut of chicken - i'll have to give this a go..

• Breadhead
                    Breadhead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Steve... I found that recipe online a few years ago. The recipe I read intended for this marinade to be used with pork chops. I tried it with a pork chop first and it was the best pork chop I'd ever eaten. I still had some of the marinade left and I had some chicken thighs so i marinaded the thighs overnight and grilled them the next day. They too were the best chicken thighs I'd ever eaten.

This is now my go to chicken dish.

I now buy the hoisin sauce in big bottles and I mix big batches of the marinade so I have it when I need it.

I'm not worthy - there's a really high standard in this thread but i'll post anyway....
                  I started with a little gift from nature and dry brined - Angus boneless ribeye ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150606_173821.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	87999

And ended up with this:

Name:	20150606_2225531.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	88000

Sous vide and reverse seared over full red hot charcoal basket on my kettle served with baked spuds and a shallot - oyster mushroom -chicken stock - pepper - thyme creamy reduction...very creamy the way i like it....
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Breadhead
                    Breadhead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice cook Steve. I haven't tried sous vide... Yet.

I agree with Huskee. I prefer a little heavier sear crust on my steaks. If your coals are hot enough and you can get your meat to within 2" of them it only takes 1 to 2 minutes per side.

• Steve Vojtek
                    Steve Vojtek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree i would have preferred a better sear but it was my first time searing steak on my kettle - i'm still learning guys - searing in a blazing hot cast iron skillet has been my way till now. I'll do better - i've been thinking about meathead's warp 10 way to sear steaks. Thanks for the feedback.

• richinlbrg
                    richinlbrg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Steve vojtek every cook I do, with the occasional exception(last weekend), every cook gets better. Look at your pic and figure it will only get better.

Sink your teeth into that!

Engaging in some backyard tomfoolery

Comment

Cow Wings on the PBC

This is dedicated to my smoke ring folks

Comment

• richinlbrg
                      richinlbrg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Some tomfoolery you are up to! All looking GREAT, as usual!!

Ernest you shouldn't waste your wife's red lipstick 😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

• Ernest
                      Ernest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      HAHAHA! Classic

B/S chicken breasts with Simon & Garfunkel just off the kettle.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Grilled Pizzas... plus 2 small loaves of bread!

Name:	pizza3.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	88131 Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	88132 Click image for larger version

Name:	bread.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	88133

Comment

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just ate but this is making me hungry again.

• fuzzydaddy
                      fuzzydaddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pizza looks delicious!

• smarkley
                      smarkley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Pit Boss and Fuzzy

Wartface... the bread is just a simple one... King Arthurs Bread Flour, Yeast, Salt, Water... dough aged overnight in the fridge *nothing special*

One really nice thing about breads cooked like this, is the smokey flavor that is present in it

Simple dinner tonight (we're both tired tonight). Simple reverse seared (American) cheeseburgers, surprisingly good corn on the cob (for this time of the year), grilled onions and potato salad (that would be the potato salad from Dukes' website, Huskee ). Wine - red

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here