Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"ol faithful is ready to go"....

Comment

After resting for 1 1/2 hours... they're ready to go

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0968.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	90521

At 6 hours... they're looking pretty good. Both seem to have a pretty good bark on 'em. When I smoke, I don't really test for doneness with a thermometer... especially ribs. I tend to test for time (depending on weight) and texture. These are very, very close to being done.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0969.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	90523

At 6 hours and 40 mins... we are done. The one on the left I "sauced" for about 15 mins. The one on the right as you can see has no sauce whatsoever. This is how I like it... NO SAUCE! Personally I think meat from the barbecue should be able to stand on it's own. Nope... I don't like sauce.

But... it really doesn't matter what I like, does it? It's been put to the test with the family, and the one on the left (Meatheads Memphis Dust) and Sauce (my own tomato, sweet, sticky, red varnish) has won!!!

Thanks Meathead!

Comment

Sous vide soft boiled egg.....in my hotel room.

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
              Steve Vojtek commented
              Editing a comment
              Sous Vide in a hotel room? Respect....

Made some Mexican style pulled pork for tacos on Sunday. Pulled the bone out of a picnic shoulder, laid the meat out flat, covered the inside with a sauce I made out of Chipotle Peppers, onions, garlic, and tomato sauce that I simmered for a couple of hours then liquefied in the Vita Mix. Rolled it up, tied it, covered the outside with Fajita Seasoning and Memphis dust. Put it in by Green Mountain for 8 hours.

Had to wrap at that point because I was on a timeline. Next time I would like to keep it on the spit for the full cook. Sorry had hungry company so no plated pics.

It was DELICIOUS in a fresh corn tortilla with cheese, guac, sour cream, corn salsa....

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
              Sous vide soft boiled egg.....in my hotel room.

Name:	notworthy.gif
Views:	69
Size:	265 Bytes
ID:	90686

Ernest , "We're not worthy..."

Kathryn

Comment

OMG!

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]n90686[/ATTACH]

Ernest , "We're not worthy..."

Kathryn

Comment

Yeah, I know, Steve ( smarkley ). How I wish I could cook like Ernest does--the frequency of his high-quality cooking is amazing. And this latest one's in a hotel room!

I love to cook, but he leaves me in the dust! Whenever I see that he has a recent post in this topic, I head for it, even though I know it's going to make me hungry!

Kathryn
                  Last edited by fzxdoc; June 16, 2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• smarkley
                    smarkley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Definitely! He always the most amazing things that he is cooking... I always always go to his posts first.

• Steve Vojtek
                    Steve Vojtek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I fully agree fzxdoc - high quality restaurant food - he inspires me to do better...

Much appreciated fzxdoc I'm glad you get hungry HAHAHA
                  Last edited by Ernest; June 16, 2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Ernest Hotel room...seriously? Also, what kind of seasoning did you put on this beauty?

Comment

Ray I scored some black truffle salt a few weeks ago, that's what you are seeing.

Comment

• Ray
                        Ray commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That sounds great! I'll have to give it a try.

Final results of last weeks cook.Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-13 21.13.10.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	91046 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-13 19.28.17.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	91039 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-13 19.19.39.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	91040 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-13 10.44.59.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	91041 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-13 19.14.35.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	91042 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-13 15.24.00.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	91043 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-13 19.29.55.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	91044 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-13 21.05.20.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	91047
                      Attached Files

Comment

Let's talk low and slow... The 30 hour baguettes.

Prefermented sourdough baguettes on the Big Green Egg. The preferment took 16 hours. Then I added the other ingredients, mixed them together and developed the gluten structure and put it in the fridge overnight to delay the final fermentation process... To enhance the flavor of the bread.

Comment

My first reverse sear with a 2lb. t-bone

Comment

• smarkley
                            smarkley commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice, Sandy! And welcome to the Pit!

• Breadhead
                            Breadhead commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sandy... You nailed it. A nice crust on the surface and pink bumper to bumper. Just as Meathead teaches us all. Great job!

• David Parrish
                            David Parrish commented
                            Editing a comment
                            First attempt? You're a natural!

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here