Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ ~ has landed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oldsteve ​You found one!! If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to pay for that sucker? I have been looking at them since I heard they were not making them anymore. I'm not in the market for another, I'm just curious. It really is a shame that they discontinuing them. They are so fun and so cool to cook on.

Comment

• oldsteve
      oldsteve commented
      Editing a comment
      Like Ernest said, $86.00 plus $5.00 shipping. I'm not counting my briquettes yet since I haven't got a shipping confirmation notice. I'm really hoping that they actually have them in stock.

Spinaker check the link posted on page 20. It says $86 from Academy. I'm fighting not to order one

Comment

I just got the shipping notice for the Lodge hibachi. FedEx has it in El Paso, Tx. It shows estimated delivery to me in California this coming Tuesday, the 26th. It shows a shipping weight of 31# so I know it's the right item. First thing I'm making is a ribeye on the KBQ, ala Ernest style.

Comment

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Man! That's great news. I'm really really fighting this one.

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest ...

You can do this man...

I just bought a $180 Anova circulator because of your posts.🤑

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Breadhead Right now I'm telling myself that this will be a collector's item down the road. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. But that price is really great.

My will is weak!! Breadhead

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest ...

Now you have a real dilemma.😳

If it's going to gain so much value over time... To maximize your return on investment you need to leave it in its original packaging. Any burn marks will decrease its value.🙈

Oh my...🙊

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        You're trying to get me to order a second one!!

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        It never hurts to have a back up.🤔

Hoping to get my KBQ next week. Was in Academy (no hibachis in store), but I did find some wood. Stocked up on mesquite and oak. Will continue to look for local supplier, but this will get me started...

Comment

• oldsteve
        oldsteve commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully the weather cooperates and you don't have to deal with any icy roads on your trip to pick up your KBQ at the factory. Say Hi to Bill from a very satisfied owner.

• Koy Schoppe
        Koy Schoppe commented
        Editing a comment
        No ice here. But I had to switch to delivery of the KBQ. Wanted to meet KBQ himself, but wouldn't work out. So will be lighting it up next weekend for sure. Now I am just fighting the urge to buy the lodge and the Anova.

Buy the lodge first. You won't be disappointed. Also, make sure you get a full re-seasoning cycle in on the hibachi before you use it. It will come out really shiny black and look incredible.

Comment

• Koy Schoppe
        Koy Schoppe commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess I figured that I have plenty of grill grates lying around (from the PBC or the Kettle). I can use those for searing over the fire box. So the Hibachi, while cool (and I do like cast iron!) doesn't give me something I don't already have. The sous vide stick though, that is something I can't do right now. Probably a moot point, as I will likely get the alligator loppers instead right now.
        Fed Ex has my KBQ. Should be arriving any day now.
        Had a busy day yesterday, and was reminded why I will be happy having a variety of smokers. PBC and/or Weber + SnS for crazy days when I need to be away for hours at a time. And KBQ for day when I can tend the fire! Hoping I will have plenty of both!

HEHEHE! Giddy, all Oak wood

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160124_163907-picsay.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	362013
      Last edited by Ernest; August 13, 2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        No wonder we can't get any short ribs out here......

My Lodge hibachi arrived safe and sound from Academy Sports. Earlier today I had gone to my local Walmart (Citrus Hts.,CA) to buy some lump charcoal. Since I haven't been there for a couple of days the whole patio area had transformed into "Grill City". Much to my surprise there was a stack of Lodge hibachi's @ $ 86.00ea. in a big stack. I forgot to look at the box to see if these were still made in the USA. Supposedly they are no longer manufactured. Hmmm?
      Last edited by oldsteve; January 26, 2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

oldsteve not sure what's going on with the lodge grills. Maybe they were stashed away in these stores.

Comment

• oldsteve
          oldsteve commented
          Editing a comment
          Knowing Walmart, they've probably been discovered in a dusty corner of one of their distribution centers, lost and forgotten for several years. I'm seriously thinking about getting an another one as a gift for my best bud.
          Last edited by oldsteve; January 27, 2016, 09:30 AM.

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine came in yesterday. It's still in the box

Spinaker, you're absolutely right, the Lodge hibachi grate fits on the KBQ like it was made for it. Thanks for the idea!

Comment

Well if it wasn't 10:30 at night and raining (really the rain is the real problem), I might fire it up....

Comment

Koy Schoppe ain't that a beauty!

Comment

Coolness, best I ever had waiting on a late night was a Summit Climbing stand.

Comment

Koy Schoppe how are we doing on the first cook?

Comment

Rolling along. Beautiful day here in Houston for cooking out and doing a little reading. Learned I need to watch the coal bed. Almost lost it at one point. Neighbors came over to see what I was doing and then threw on a rack of baby back they were gonna cook in the oven. They are done and the taste test I got was awesome. My spare ribs are almost done. Pics will come. #KoyBQing

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here