Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home for a day. Gotta get reacquainted with the SnS.

I threw a chunk of hickory on there and no regrets.
    Last edited by Ernest; August 22, 2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

It's burger night while I watch the Arizona Cardinals game on TV. I needed to make my Brioche hamburger buns to go with my Steakburgers.😎

Last edited by Breadhead; August 22, 2015, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• mackdaddy
        mackdaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, they look good.

You got some nice buns there Breadhead

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I too admire his buns

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Meathead and Chef Ryan baked these buns... You guys can do it too. Look in the hamburger buns thread on the public pages. The recipe and instructions are there. Why eat Meathead's steakhouse Steakburger with store bought buns that get soggy and fall apart? Make your own, it's easy peasy.😎
        Last edited by Breadhead; August 22, 2015, 11:50 PM.

I've got 30 pounds of butts rubbed down. I will be throwing these guys on tomorrow night to serve Monday at lunch. Can't to see all the smiling faces and fully bellies after they chow down on these suckers. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3833.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	104406

Comment

Just a quick dinner. The boys shared a chicken breast and my wife and I shared a big Delmonico steak. We had grilled potatoes with it and caprese salad with my younger son't home grown tomatoes (I only took a pic of the tomatoes, not the finished salad as I wanted to show off their color - very sweet). I cooked the steak to medium because my wife prefers medium to medium rare (I prefer medium rare).

Name:	IMG_0257.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	104414

Name:	IMG_0258.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	104411

Name:	IMG_0256.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	104412

Name:	IMG_0255.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	104413

Name:	IMG_0259.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	104410

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great!!

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice tomatoes! Store bought tomatoes suck now days. I remember the old beef steak tomatoes from before DuPont started messing with our food processes.

Looks great! What did you toss those grilled potatoes with, JeffJ ?

Kathryn

Comment

• JeffJ
          JeffJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Olive oil, salt and pepper, although the first time I cooked them this way I used bacon grease which lent a bit more exotic flavor. I cooked them this way for the first time a few weeks ago and the family really likes them this way. Crispy golden-brown on the outside and fluffy/creamy on the inside. None of us even put condiments on them - just ate them right out of the kettle.

OH YEEEAAH!

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          SnS? Is that a new dance? lol

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          What happened to the other half?

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          The other half got SnSed a week ago

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
        Just a quick dinner. The boys shared a chicken breast and my wife and I shared a big Delmonico steak. We had grilled potatoes with it and caprese salad with my younger son't home grown tomatoes (I only took a pic of the tomatoes, not the finished salad as I wanted to show off their color - very sweet). I cooked the steak to medium because my wife prefers medium to medium rare (I prefer medium rare).
        JeffJ It's sure hard to beat the simple pleasure of a nice home grown ripe tomato. Storebought tomatoes really make you appreciate them. Our tomato plants are huge and full of greenies just waiting to look like yours. I can't wait. We live in a fairly woodsy area and have very limited area where there's enough sun for a garden to thrive. The area we used to use has grown over too much and only gets sun the middle 4hrs of the day. Last year's garden started out nice but turned rather laughable mid summer. Right up at the house however gets nearly full sun, so that's where our tomatoes live now...in the flower bed attached to the house. Unsightly having huge tomato vines in them, yes, but they're thriving. #bestsanwichesandburgershavehomegrowntomatoesonthe m

Comment

IBM Presents "You Make the Call" [that makes sense if you middle age]

Got two nice little racks of spares from a local 4H pig to do today. Should I SnS them or throw them on a new but seasoned WSM?
          Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 23, 2015, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Last meal ribs - 4 slabs - hanging in my propane smoker from the new hooks I bought from the PBC site.. This is the first time I've tried it. Wish me luck that they don't fall. I did put a grate in right above the water pan just in case.

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Dewesq55 : Great idea! You're makin' me really hungry since I have a pastrami on the PBC and have to wait 24 hours to steam and eat it. Tonight might be a cereal night. Just kidding.

Kathryn

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            So, they came out great. Here are some pix:

Juicy!

Clean bone with just a light tug

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice!

Mother in Law's Birthday dinner. Big hunk of flat iron, and some chuck roast hunks reverse seared on the Traeger and Weber at the lake.

I used the trim from the chuckie to lubricate the cast iron pan for the sear. Probably will use less next time.

Video of above:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

The chuck had been marinated in this;

I omit the green pepper.

Comment

Comment

Tonight I am doing a three section test on some St. Louis Style ribs. I recently started using Texas Pepper Jelly's Rib Candy. Its amazing. You apply it to the ribs with about 20 mins left in the cook. The color and flavor these sauces add is unbelievable. I would highly recommend them to any one. Especially if you like sweet heat. They have a ton of flavors. So far, My favorite is the Black Cherry/Grape. Tonight I am trying three different sauces.
            1) Apple Cinnamon
            2) Pineapple Habanero
            3)Pomegranate-Cherry.

TPJ is home of the original Rib Candy rib glaze and rib sauce, don't be fooled by copycats and imitations buy the original Rib Candy right here.

Really looking forward to see how these suckers turn out. Finished pictures and taste info to follow the cook. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Name:	IMG_3860.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	105974

***UPDATE***
            Here is what they look like after the first application. The full slab in the Pomegranate/Cranberry rib candy. The one at the bottom right is the Pineapple Habanero and the one at the top right is the Apple Cinnamon. So far I can't tell the difference visually, but maybe that will change as I get closer to pulling them off.

Here is what they look like after about 25 mins (I hate it when these pics turn sideways on me, They're not like that before I attach them or in my Photo folder.)

Name:	IMG_3862.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	106208

Almost done!!

Name:	IMG_3863.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	106209

Done and ready to be devoured. (a bit over cooked but not much)

Name:	IMG_3869.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	106210

Last edited by Spinaker; August 31, 2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Made ribs for the first time ever this weekend. I have to thank everyone on this board for their generous contributions to give me the confidence to try it. Everything from prep to finish went smooth. I also experienced the SnS for it's true ability of predictably stable, slow & low cooking action.

Trimmed & dry brined STL cut ribs around 6:30 pm the evening before cooking. Around 10:30-ish pm decided to add yellow mustard & Memphis Meat Dust so I'd have one less thing to do in the morning.

Lit my Weber lighting cube around 7:15am the next day. Followed lighting instructions on Adrenaline Barbecue website for low & slow cooking. Cooked on a 26" Weber kettle with Kingsford blue bag briquettes.

Overall it took about 6 hrs since it was a larger cut. Temps generally ran in the 230-235 range.It was the tastiest damn thing I've ever done on the grill! The bark was great & the meat was tender & juicy.

Thanks everyone for making my weekend!

Name:	IMG_1482.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	106884

Name:	IMG_1483.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	106885

Name:	IMG_1486.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	106886

Name:	IMG_1488.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	106887

Name:	temp history.png
Views:	148
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	106144
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Onez; September 3, 2015, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome cook! Glad you're enjoying the SnS.

Char Siu style Chicken. I marinated the chicken (boneless, skinless thighs and a breast) for about 4 hours by dry rubbing with packaged char siu mix (NOH brand) and then cooked on my smoker at 400F for 30 minutes, basted with honey for the last 10 and then again when they came off the grill. Didn't sear them as we were hungry and I was late getting them on - but they really didn't need it.

Name:	char-siu-chicken.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	106182

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks great man. What a great recipe.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I LOVE the Noh char siu powder, @Maruaderer turned me on to that stuff. Don't tell anyone, but I prefer it to the real deal.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here