Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/13/2015 through 9/9/2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled Lamb for Easter with some mint chimichurri and cheese and onion rounds in the background. I love lamb but don't eat it often enough.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0103.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	76856

Comment

Quack Quack salad

Comment

My first Snow BQ

I couldn't wait for the snow to melt so I fired up my Mini WSM right next to the remaining snow pile and cooked a delicious Pork Butt. Had to use a little more apple wood than usual but it came out just fine. The BBQ guru worked fine to keep the cook temp at 225F.

Comment

Originally posted by CatskillGlen View Post
          My first Snow BQ

I couldn't wait for the snow to melt so I fired up my Mini WSM right next to the remaining snow pile and cooked a delicious Pork Butt. Had to use a little more apple wood than usual but it came out just fine. The BBQ guru worked fine to keep the cook temp at 225F.
          Cool pic CatskillGlen ! To many of us smoking/grilling knows no off season, keep it up! When you get a sec head over to the Introduce Yourself channel and give us an introduction. Look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Char Sui Pork Loin

Name:	P1010180.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	77045

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              Send me four pieces please😋

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks really good!!

• jmott7
              jmott7 commented
              Editing a comment
              See? And you'd sworn off the stuff.

Yeah buddy!

Meat pies.

Comment

Was camping this weekend with the family and two other families. I did the meat for the meals Friday and Saturday night. Did four slabs of baby back ribs and chicken on Friday and a brisket on Saturday. Needed practice on chicken as my comp chicken has not done well. The chicken and ribs were OK, still need work on softening the skin to get the bite through factor down. Ribs turned out well.
              Was very happy with the brisket. Got up at 3:30 AM to start it. Started the cook on my WSM with the PartyQ and went back to bed. It got up past 150 pretty quickly for some reason and stalled around 160. I wrapped at around 11 AM and pt back on the WSM. The last comp I did, the foil got stuck on the grate and tore the foil a bit and the brisket dried out a bit. This time, I put a piece of foil down to avoid the sticking issue. It worked as the brisket was the best I have ever done solo. Not sure why the pics are Gigantor

Comment

• FLBuckeye
                FLBuckeye commented
                Editing a comment
                OK, pics aren't Gigantoresque...lol
                Last edited by FLBuckeye; April 8, 2015, 06:03 AM.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I see no pics, but only broken link thingys. Yes, that is the accepted technical term.
                Last edited by Huskee; April 15, 2015, 05:00 AM.

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Can't see the pics. Waaaah!

Kathryn

We were fortunate enough to have Good Friday off and the family was able to gather for dinner, including my daughter from Texas. Cooked for about 20 people. One 8lb butt, 2 racks of baby backs and 2 racks of St. Louis style ribs, 2 chickens cut in half, and sausages. I cooked the butt and the sausages on the Weber and ribs and chicken on the PBC. Used Memphis Dust on all the pork and salt, pepper, garlic powder & onion powder on the chicken. Pics one through three are the butt at one hour in, half way, and the final product. Wrapped the butt at about 160F. I used my Vortex cooker with a water pan for the butt and the snake method for the charcoal in the Weber. Very impressed. Almost a nine hour cook and only used about a third of the charcoal I had. I used Royal Oak Lump. I added hickory chunks for the butt. Sorry I didn't take any pics of everything else that I cooked on the PBC but the finished product is shown. I used standard Kingsford with apple chunk wood. Everything got rave reviews. We had enough to take some plates to some of the family that couldn't make it. I may actually be getting this cooking for a large group down pat. My son the "card carrying chef" even told me that it was the bomb. It doesn't get much better than that folks! And most importantly, it was FUN!

Name:	Good Friday 2015 Pic 1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	77196 Click image for larger version

Name:	Good Friday 2015 Pic 2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	77197 Click image for larger version

Name:	Good Friday 2015 Pic 3.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	77198 Click image for larger version

Name:	Good Friday 2015 Pic 4.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	77199 Click image for larger version

Name:	Good Friday 2015 Pic 5.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	77200

Comment

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, what a nice-looking cook. No wonder your son thought it was "da bomb". Congrats!

Kathryn

• Gunderich_1
                Gunderich_1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Kathryn. My son was funny. He had two plates. One for the meat and one for the sides. The only thing I forgot to do was take a picture of the butt after we pulled it. I hate to break my arm patting myself on the back but it was awesome......

Thought I should amp up a green lunch salad with a little smokey chicken.

Comment

I thought the salad was just a garnish for the smoked chicken?

Comment

My usual/favorite Saturday night cook on Friday night since the GF was out of town and I didn't feel like working hard: Vortex Chicken Wings with apple wood

Name:	IMG_1474.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	77563

These are naked. Then a quick flip & sear directly over the flames

Name:	IMG_1475.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	393.3 KB
ID:	77564

Then tossed in my chile garlic orange sauce

Name:	IMG_1476.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	77565

Comment

• JeffJ
                    JeffJ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Once you have Buffalo wings on the grill it's hard to eat them any other way going forward. Nicely done.

State Fair classic

Comment

You like gizzards? I love gizzards and beer

Comment

Comment

• DWCowles
                        DWCowles commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jon Solberg Fedex me two sammiches with bbq sauce, pickle and onion 😋

• DWCowles
                        DWCowles commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And a little pepper and hot sauce

• The Burn
                        The Burn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The Other White Meat. Yum!

Chocolate beer braised lamb shanks. Full recipe is under lamb section.

Comment

• The Burn
                        The Burn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The plate just fell together that way naturally, huh Ernest?! :-) If it tasted half as good as it looks, you've hit another home run.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here