Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are You Drinking RIGHT NOW? II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this morning we .... which is me, the wife and the boy .... the two girls passed on the offer .... had my world famous holiday Bloody Mary for breakfast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BA7CF0CD-1854-4754-AB3C-14DD24B21FEA.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	613023

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Tito's is where I was headin, so thanks fer yer guidance, an experience...
      "Most Wanted" vodka is what th nachbar 'gifted' me, over here, month or two back, after I Bourboned him down, sent him to beddy-bye...

Mebbe it's great? Phenomenal? Stellar?
      Couldn't tell ya, afer a few schnorts, taken on top of bourbon flavours...

One thing I DO know, however, is there damn sure ain't enough in this lil hip pocket bottle, to make a proper Bloody Mary, esp. at Veteran Strength!

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones here's what I know .... ain't any vodka worth drinking the way that I drink whiskey .... straight, warm, and sipping ... but the way the russki's drink vodka .... cold, straight, fast ... ain't really to my liking either. But I do find that some vodka, mixed with stuff, is better than others. And Tito's seems to be high up that list.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Brother...

Whisk(e)y, neat.
      Don't really fool with frivolities, or even (normal) civilities like mixed drinks,(or many more) anymore, but a Great Bloody Mary? I'll expend th effort, to make that happen...
      Vodka, neat? Room Temp? Gack!

Meanwhile in Norway

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers, Brother!
      Black Arsed Coffee here...
      My back of Bushmills seems to have 'evaporated', so now, it's forward with th Jameson!

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Another non Heineken sighting! What is the world coming to!

50/50 Click image for larger version

Name:	56665FED-8F5C-4633-B137-9400E058C262.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	613518

Comment

Resilience from Sierra Nevada Brewing. This is the benefit beer for the victims of the Camp fire.

Name:	20181226_155729.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	613609

Comment

Local brewery I'm crushing on, canned 12/18. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181226_182326.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	613616

Comment

Old Fashioned

Name:	20181226_172421.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	613657

Comment

Sorry no pictures. Jack neat just isn't that exciting. However, tastes great!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	EBC3DB14-75AD-4DF2-8EF7-1AF5C002234B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.50 MB ID:	614688 I’ll call this a Cl-loody Mary since I’m making it with Clamato Juice. I like the light-weight texture.

Here are are the ingredients. Hope it looks interesting.

Makes 1 serving

6 oz Clamato Juice
            2 oz Vodka
            1 tbsp Worscheshire Sauce
            1/2 tsp A1 sauce
            1/2 tsp Jack Daniels Old No. 7 bbq sauce
            1/2 tsp kosher salt
            1/2 tsp black pepper
            3 or 4dashes Tabasco Sauce
            about 1/8 squeezed fresh lime
            garnished with Tabasco Spicy Beans, lime wedge, celelery stalk cut to size.

i think that does it
            Last edited by Willard; December 28, 2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Willard
              Willard commented
              Editing a comment
              Just made this with V8. Very similar. Hard to distinguish one from the other which surprises me.

• Willard
              Willard commented
              Editing a comment
              Tasting these side by side Clamato vs V8 the Clamato is a little sweeter. My personal preference goes with the V8 but just slightly. It’s Very Mary either way.

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good. Clamato in your bloody mary is aka a caesar. They taste great but because clamato is made with HFCS I go with spicy V8 and add pickle juice. I feel like that gets close to the taste of a caesar.

Putting my stocking stuffer to great use. 3 shakes in my Bondee Old Grand-Dad elevates it into a pretty nice sipper.

Name:	C4ED7930-2D51-4B4B-9C79-583A88FCD35A.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	615442

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              That's good stuff (no spoilers please I can't watch until tomorrow at the earliest).

Ahh. Did not know that Attjack . See why I have to hang out here so much?

Comment

Bloody Mary with beer cheese, olive, and elk jerky garnish.

Name:	20181230_113956.jpg
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	615805

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Garnishes are one of the best things about bloodies.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Way Cool, even used a rotisserie on yer Bloody Mary!
                Looks tasty as all git out!!!!

• cashelton
                cashelton commented
                Editing a comment
                That's awesome

Canned 12/20, great twist to a great IPA Click image for larger version

Name:	20181230_165914.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	615914

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
                Bloody Mary with beer cheese, olive, and elk jerky garnish.

Name:	20181230_113956.jpg
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	615805
                Hadn't thought of it as a rotisserie before! But it's a good way to load up on goodies without them getting soggy.

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Didn't mean to quote myself....

While smoking some ribs and sausage this evening, I sat down with a glass of 'So Happens Its Tuesday,' a barrel-aged Imperial stout - 14.7% - from The Bruery. My local brew pub had it on tap and I brought a growler home. Smoked a Drew Estate 1990 cigar while drinking it.

Comment

Have a friend who’s brother works for Lagunitas. They asked him to bring something down for me for Xmas that I could never get here. An unfiltered, fresh hop 7.7% Pale Ale. It’s delicious!!!

Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here